• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
Is it okay to drink scotch with a straw?

pffft...nothing personnel kid, but i know i could outdrink you any day.

you haven't been turnt until you've been Crayons level turnt - when you fall on your face at 9 AM and can't get yourself back up and someone calls an ambulance and your blood is all over the place but you're totally chill about it

So, to get away from the Bernie drama, if Hillary hadn't run and it was currently some generic Democrat like Hickenlooper currently the presumptive nominee, what would the RCP average be with Trump still being Trump? 10 Points? More?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Contrary to many angry posters, I think Bernie is pretty important for his demonstrated ability to harness small donors into a fundraising machine that can run near the level of other candidates. That is, actually, a pretty important and impressive feat. We should learn to do that for the DNC.

Indeed. I don't think folks realize the GOP is going to almost always annihilate the Democrats when it comes to general election funding when there isn't an Obama or a Trump involved. As much leverage as Bernie is losing; that's one giant piece of leverage that he will have regardless of all of the other ways he is losing leverage. That's probably what Clinton's camp is drooling after.

Sibylus

Banned
How is there a gif for EVERYTHING?
tumblr_nd8snbpkz41rziwwco1_400.gif

Disregarding how he's voicing the opinion of a pretty substantial voting bloc seems dangerous to me. Isn't that how Trump was able to rise to power?

Sort of? Honestly, the GOP didn't snuff out the fire that is Trump's base, they squirted lighter fluid on it and whipped it up as high as they could make, all on an altar of paper and wood. And now the altar's burning, everyone's burning, and all because they didn't tell a voting bloc to piss off.

He would be killed.

image.php

Any time you say something flippant, your avatar is great for quoting it.

Where are them May numbers tho?

Frankly, if raising the amount of money Bernie has involves flat out lying to your voters about your campaign, your opponent's campaign, your chances, the feasibility of your ideas, and how our very government even functions...if it involves convincing your voters that the boogieman is waiting to steal their souls behind every corner and only YOU can save them...he can keep that fundraising strategy and take it back to Vermont. We have an entire party in shambles due to the very same strategies Bernie employed running amok for decades. I don't want to see any form of it creep into the only party in this country that's shown some goddamn sense in the last few years. #ByeByeBernie

It should certainly be studied to see if a better model can be made. Certainly Bernie's was terrible since from the data we have, it was largely driven by love of a demagogue instead of support of a platform or policy. That's super unsustainable and bad. But still, it'd be nice to count on a few million every 4 years from the college crowd.

Crayons

Banned
stop smoking please. :(

Crayons you gotta save dem lungs broh.

you know what happened today? I coughed up a storm. Didn't even smoke today. But I just had this awful cough, sounded like a smokers cough. and I'm just like this is not cool I'm not even twenty until next week.

Maybe I should stop. There are a couple things I like about smoking, other than the buzz. I go to music concerts and a lot of people in the music scenes I'm into, like indie, shoegaze, emo, etc. like to smoke. So in between bands I can go outside and socialize over a cigarette. I also think I look cool in a nihilistic teenager kind of way. I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this but yes I do enjoy the 'image', I think it adds to my sex appeal. And lord knows I like men looking at me. Around the places I like to hang out and socialize, smoking cigarettes is really common. I like wearing my skinny jeans, vans, band t-shirts, earrings, fuckboi hats, having my beard, glasses, cigarette in hand. it's kind of comfortable.

ampere

And Cavs give clveland hpoe which you should never do

I hope LeBron can do it for y'all. Cleve needs a lil bit of sunshine before the RNC

you know what happened today? I coughed up a storm. Didn't even smoke today. But I just had this awful cough, sounded like a smokers cough. and I'm just like this is not cool I'm not even twenty until next week.

Maybe I should stop. There are a couple things I like about smoking, other than the buzz. I go to music concerts and a lot of people in the music scenes I'm into, like indie, shoegaze, emo, etc. like to smoke. So in between bands I can go outside and socialize over a cigarette. I also think I look cool in a nihilistic teenager kind of way. I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this but yes I do enjoy the 'image', I think it adds to my sex appeal. And lord knows I like men looking at me. Around the places I like to hang out and socialize, smoking cigarettes is really common. I like wearing my skinny jeans, vans, band t-shirts, earrings, fuckboi hats, having my beard, glasses, cigarette in hand. it's kind of comfortable.

A lot of people who smoke are cool. The problem is that the quality of life impact is pretty significant, cardiovascular health and respiratory health, and it doesn't only affect you when you're old.

Maybe you could try vaping or something as a compromise, idk.

This is an interesting article about smoking and why it's so catchy, talking about the Malcolm Gladwell book Tipping Point http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2000-05-02/features/0005020173_1_smoking-teens-gladwell

Nate Cohn trying to hype up Gary Locke for VP except Gary Locke is mostly known for welfare reform.

I mean.... this doesn't seem like a remotely good strategy for attracting people that Hillary doesn't already have.

Well.. We can have one more night of happiness before Game 7. Fuck.. Just don't get slaughtered Cavs.. Pls?

And If we don't hear from EBay.. Adam will have to lead the search party to find him.

Well.. We can have one more night of happiness before Game 7. Fuck.. Just don't get slaughtered Cavs.. Pls?

And If we don't hear from EBay.. Adam will have to lead the search party to find him.

I'll do it but tomorrow causwe one glass of scotch turned into two

And a half

And I have to go get finger printed tomorrow for this job offer lol

I'll do it but tomorrow causwe one glass of scotch turned into two

And a half

And I have to go get finger printed tomorrow for this job offer lol
Well fit it in the schedule and If by some miracle the Cavs do win.. We're probably gonna need you to find BG too. He shouldn't be too hard though. Just put some ramen out or something and he'll come running :)

And congrats on the new job

Crayons

Banned
I hope LeBron can do it for y'all. Cleve needs a lil bit of sunshine before the RNC

A lot of people who smoke are cool. The problem is that the quality of life impact is pretty significant, cardiovascular health and respiratory health, and it doesn't only affect you when you're old.

Maybe you could try vaping or something as a compromise, idk.

This is an interesting article about smoking and why it's so catchy, talking about the Malcolm Gladwell book Tipping Point http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2000-05-02/features/0005020173_1_smoking-teens-gladwell

Cool article, and yeah I really agree with it. It's not that smoking makes you cool, it's that cool kids are the ones smoking. Lots of smokers are just cool people. I think I'm one of them ;)

But yeah, when I start getting those hacking coughs, I know something's up. I've had some really bad substance abuse problems starting around when I was 18, nearly any drug you can think of and then some. But I had some bad, dangerous benzo binges, and it also overlapped with a huge opiate problem, and unfortunately some GAFfers like to throw that in my face from time to time. I'm not a bad person. I went through some real hell, some extremely heavy withdrawal symptoms. But I made it, and I've now almost entirely limited myself to alcohol and cigarettes (though I did do MDMA last weekend). But I really think I've made a lot of progress, because this time four months ago my life was a mess in every way.

I'd be more eager to switch to vaping, but vaping looks so dumb

ampere

Zelda is worth it. Game of the FOREVER.

But is the NX worth it for Zelda for those of us nerds that actually bought a Wii U?

Since the Wii U version was shown at E3 and that looked pretty legit. I guess it depends if the NX has some new gimmick and shoehorns it in well. Or if the NX controller is just amazing idk. I'm cautiously optimistic, but keeping the Wii U and expecting to get that version.

Well fit it in the schedule and If by some miracle the Cavs do win.. We're probably gonna need you to find BG too. He shouldn't be too hard though. Just put some ramen out or something and he'll come running :)

And congrats on the new job

TY. I didn't even want it it just fell in my lap. I made a bunch of insane demands and they agreed. I'm lik ea omore successful Bernie

It's great for all five of the people who own a Wii U. And the three prospective NX buyers I guess.

giphy.gif

ampere

Cool article, and yeah I really agree with it. It's not that smoking makes you cool, it's that cool kids are the ones smoking. Lots of smokers are just cool people. I think I'm one of them ;)

But yeah, when I start getting those hacking coughs, I know something's up. I've had some really bad substance abuse problems starting around when I was 18, nearly any drug you can think of and then some. But I had some bad, dangerous benzo binges, and it also overlapped with a huge opiate problem, and unfortunately some GAFfers like to throw that in my face from time to time. I'm not a bad person. I went through some real hell, some extremely heavy withdrawal symptoms. But I made it, and I've now almost entirely limited myself to alcohol and cigarettes (though I did do MDMA last weekend). But I really think I've made a lot of progress, because this time four months ago my life was a mess in every way.

I'd be more eager to switch to vaping, but vaping looks so dumb

Well I won't judge you for drug abuse problems anyway, teen years and depression and the like can make things tough and sometimes lead to drug abuse. I mostly just was addicted to online gaming personally, which is a bit safer, but not necessarily any better in terms of mental health.

Hope you keep getting better and find a decently healthy alternative to smoking. We don't have to be *perfect* about everything, most people still drink from time to time, but smoking cigarettes enough can be pretty nasty for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom