• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

BIG EVIL: Max Bump is Naw

giDMiqj.gif
f7vD3eD.gif

I wonder why Bootaaay doesn't pollute his Twitter with this trash.

I do occasionally, but on twitter I don't have people posting fucking minion shit at me :p

Also, while deathmatch GIFs garner a lot of mentions, I've also noticed they lead to quite a few unfollows, lol.

Sephzilla

I never knew Titanfall was such serious business to the mods here.

To address that thread you made - nobody talks about Titanfall anymore because it was a completely unremarkable shooter with no single player and with the most transparent and obvious manufactured hype of any game to date. It was to gaming what the Roman Reigns WrestleMania push was to wrestling.
I liked Titanfall, FYI
. Destiny, despite all of its own issues, is a better game and Taken King has seemingly redeemed it.

LOL

WWE announced this afternoon that Hornswoggle has been suspended for 30 days for a violation of the company's Wellness Policy.

LOL x2

Combat Zone Wrestling has confirmed that the 2015 Cage of Death event in December will not air live on PPV. The promotion, feeling that they need more time to set up advertising and to build the correct following, has opted to hold off until 2016 to launch live PPVs.

CZW signed a deal with InDemand PPV earlier this year to produce two live PPV events, which will be distributed by Steve Karel's Stonecutter Wrestling. Karel was the point person involved to bring the original ECW to PPV and has since produced The Urban Wrestling Federation and other PPV entities.

To address that thread you made - nobody talks about Titanfall anymore because it was a completely unremarkable shooter with no single player and with the most transparent and obvious manufactured hype of any game to date. It was to gaming what the Roman Reigns WrestleMania push was to wrestling.
I liked Titanfall, FYI
. Destiny, despite all of its own issues, is a better game and Taken King has seemingly redeemed it.

Is Destiny equal to Seth Rollins in this comparison?

Sephzilla

Seriously the 2.0 changes they made for Destiny improved the game so much it's kind of remarkable. I didn't hate the game initially but I just got bored of it, now I cant wait to play it again. It's pretty much the only thing that's pulled me away from my 100+ hour Mario Maker file.

Destiny is Brock Lesnar. Looks great but has you repeating the same two moves over and over again.

edit: btw I love both Lesnar and Destiny.

The Rock = Call of Duty
Brock = Gears of War
Roman = Titanfall
Rollins = Destiny

I can't think of a wrassler parallel for Halo. Who was a really hot talent who was amazing for a good long run before suddenly losing his way and becoming a husk of his former self?

imBask

Banned
Seriously the 2.0 changes they made for Destiny improved the game so much it's kind of remarkable. I didn't hate the game initially but I just got bored of it, now I cant wait to play it again. It's pretty much the only thing that's pulled me away from my 100+ hour Mario Maker file.

The Rock = Call of Duty
Brock = Gears of War
Roman = Titanfall
Rollins = Destiny

I only agree because CoD is alright here and there, and Rollins is the true great game

but Brock isn't a fraud, that's the only part I disagree with

I love it.

My biggest problem is that after an almost year long hiatus from the vanilla game, my old crew have moved on and so I'm having to rebuild that community to play with again. I must have done the majority of the Taken King story quests on my own.

this is my plan anyway. I'm only a level 5. Prolly just run through the game myself unless I find a group to play with. Hardest part about these type of games for me is that I don't have a set schedule on when I play so I don't want to hold anyone back.

Sephzilla

I only agree because CoD is alright here and there, and Rollins is the true great game

but Brock isn't a fraud, that's the only part I disagree with

Brock's matches, like Gears of War games, are repetitive as fuck but we love them anyway.

I can't think of a wrassler parallel for Halo. Who was a really hot talent who was amazing for a good long run before suddenly losing his way and becoming a husk of his former self?

I got it, 343 Industries Halo is Undertaker after The Streak ended.

Brock is Grand theft Auto

Only shows up once in a blue moon. Still out performs everyone else then vanishes for a long period of time until he feels like showing up again.

bjork

The Rock = Call of Duty
Brock = Gears of War
Roman = Titanfall
Rollins = Destiny

Who is doom
who is goldeneye
who is wolfenstein

Bronx-Man

Banned
C'mon guys, Jericho was one the best from his WCW run all the way to his No Country for Old Men gimmick.

Then he had that return against CM Punk and it all went downhill from there.

Sephzilla

Doom = Sting. Really great classic gimmick that reinvented itself with Doom 3 by showing up wearing nothing but black and kicked everyone in the teeth with its flashlight/baseball bat.

GoldenEye = Ric Flair. Man, it was amazing back in the day but father time has been rough on it.

Wolfenstein = Bret Hart. Excellence of execution

Half Life = Stone Cold Steve Austin. It was great in its prime, is still great, and we wish we could have more of it but don't think we ever will

bjork

Alright. So if you flip it, which game is the Renegade?

Half Life = Stone Cold Steve Austin. It was great in its prime, is still great, and we wish we could have more of it but don't think we ever will

Is there a part of half-life that equates to riding a stupid quad around and being paid to walk out, stun someone, and drink beers? Or to say what

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also no one but me probably cares but Takeda is no longer with BJW. Or he's gone freelance. So that's another one of Kasai's 'guys' gone from BJW and another major deathmatch wrestler gone.

Definitely makes you wonder if they're slowly getting rid of that stuff in favor of the BJ Strong stuff and their smaller dudes. I can't imagine but who knows.

Sephzilla

Seth Rollins has set a new record in WWE for holding the WWE World Title longer than anyone else who has successfully cashed in Money in the Bank. Rollins has held the title for 184 days, and the previous record holder was The Miz at 160 days.

Miz's title reign was a lot better than Seth's if we're being honest.

Digging a few pages back for this, but I agree. Miz was an entertaining champ

Sanjuro

People used to shit on me for saying Miz was one of the last great champs. His run was filled with a ton of PG Gimmick programming, but he was a great heel champion.

Top Bottom