• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

H_Prestige said:
Wait, are you talking about a FFXIII trailer? I know SE showed a brand new trailer after the ACC premier but I don't think it's included in the retail copy.

Not the Final Fantasy XIII trailer, the Advent Children Complete trailer they showed at the premiere event. Sorta like how they made a final trailer just for kicks back when Advent Children came out in Japan a couple years ago and it was on the DVD.

StuBurns

Banned
There is a FFXIII trailer coming on the US ACC BluRay though, I wonder if it'll be an English version of the one on the Japanese demo, that's my favorite of the FFXIII trailers.

LiK said:
NCSX shipping email received. UPS scheduled delivery is tomorrow woot!

btw, hearing about the "rude" person answering phones, maybe a ton of people are calling about that FFXIII demo :lol

anyways, their email CSR is excellent. it's probably a different person answering them. :)

I just e-mailed them trying to see where my order is. I'm trying not to bother them, my first call ever to them and the lady was rude as hell. :lol I was just polite but said a big "WTF" after I got off the phone. Other posters had the same experience an hour ago.

LiK

Sword Familiar said:
Here's hoping this demo will appear on PSN in six or so months.

it's 5GB :|

Digital-Hero said:
I just e-mailed them trying to see where my order is. I'm trying not to bother them, my first call ever to them and the lady was rude as hell. :lol I was just polite but said a big "WTF" after I got off the phone. Other posters had the same experience.

don't worry, their emails are wayyy better judging from your reports. i hope your order is alright. :)

Sword Familiar said:

Considering how large some of the DL only PSN titles are, it wouldn't be too far a stretch to see the demo appear, in some form, on PSN. What I have to wonder is how a demo would work on XBL.

jett

D-Member
Sword Familiar said:
A five gig demo. That would mean a cost of $1.50 per download to Square. I don't think they're gonna want to eat a couple of million dollars. :p

LiK

stuburns said:
It's 5gb because it has trailers, a FW and isn't compressed, they could get it much smaller.

maybe 3-4GB then? that's still pretty massive. i think the largest demos on Live and PSN now are 2GB max.

StuBurns

Banned
LiK said:
maybe 3-4GB then? that's still pretty massive. i think the largest demos on Live and PSN now are 2GB max.
They could get it down to maybe 2GB, that wouldn't be surprising.

But, they could also produce a smaller demo, it's rather long for a typical demo.

Either way, I don't think it'll happen.

jett

D-Member
If we ever see a FFXIII demo on PSN I doubt it will be this one...although I doubt we are *ever* gonna see a FFXIII demo on PSN. :p

LiK

jett said:
If we ever see a FFXIII demo on PSN I doubt it will be this one...although I doubt we are *ever* gonna see a FFXIII demo on PSN. :p

yea, by the time they offer this demo on PSN or Live, it'll be a different one.

TheChillyAcademic said:
I see it happening, just not anywhere near the scope of the Blu demo.

From what I hear it's two playable segments, one with Lightning and one with Snow? If they split em up it could be like Heavenly Sword's two demos for Kai and Nariko.

Jumps into the bushes for the comparison made between FFXIII and Heavenly Sword

LiK

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
From what I hear it's two playable segments, one with Lightning and one with Snow? If they split em up it could be like Heavenly Sword's two demos for Kai and Nariko.

dude, you could be right :)

NCS reply:

Hi, thanks for your email. Our shipment of PSN tickets arrived later than expected today but we will be filling backorders for the tickets before 6:30PM EST today before we leave the offices. Thanks for checking with us to make sure.

Regards,
NCS, Inc

PSN tickets? LOL. I responded, my order was for FINAL FANTASY VII: Advent Children Completed w/ FFXIII Demo. :lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Digital-Hero said:
NCS reply:

Hi, thanks for your email. Our shipment of PSN tickets arrived later than expected today but we will be filling backorders for the tickets before 6:30PM EST today before we leave the offices. Thanks for checking with us to make sure.

Regards,
NCS, Inc

PSN tickets? LOL. I responded, my order was for FINAL FANTASY VII: Advent Children Completed w/ FFXIII Demo. :lol

How many times are you going to keep bothering them??

LiK

Digital-Hero said:
NCS reply:

Regards,
NCS, Inc

whoa, something's wrong. maybe those FFXIII demo shipments are fucking them up today :lol

neojubei said:

well, he followed our advice to use email and that reply from NCSX is totally weird.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TheChillyAcademic said:
I see it happening, just not anywhere near the scope of the Blu demo.

I don't get it, what the hell is that form going to do lol What a ridiculous situation.

It's dumb. I called to see if I could just go in to one of their offices and do it and the guy had no idea what I was talking about D:

Awntawn

stuburns said:
It's 5gb because it has trailers, a FW and isn't compressed, they could get it much smaller.
5GB is for the demo not including the trailers. Though the CGs take up like 4.5 of that.

Wee, NCSX shipped, now to wait for USPS snail mail 3;

neojubei said:

You must be getting confused with someone else. I called once (poster recommended), then e-mailed once I didn't get the e-mail they said I should have received hours later. How is that for you? Go harass people who have done much worse. Thanks.

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:

It is two segments, though segment is loosely used in this case. And I happen to LOVE HS, haters be damned!!

Kagari said:
It's dumb. I called to see if I could just go in to one of their offices and do it and the guy had no idea what I was talking about D:

I swear, what a frustrating situation.

jett

D-Member
Awntawn said:
5GB is for the demo not including the trailers. Though the CGs take up like 4.5 of that.

I'm pretty sure that's not true. Only number we have is the total BD size, which ws 5.6GB, I believe.

Talked to the my buddy (the owner) at Japan Video Games. My Cloud Black Triple is set to come in tomorrow. Good thing work is just 5 minutes up the street from them. Tomorrow's lunch time is fap time. =D

Lagunamov

Awntawn said:

Wee, NCSX shipped, now to wait for USPS snail mail 3;
├──PS3_DISC.SFB 1536 bytes
├──PS3_GAME
│   ├──ICON0.PNG 52818
│   ├──PARAM.SFO 1040
│   ├──PS3LOGO.DAT 5120
│   └──USRDIR
│       ├──EBOOT.BIN 16639200
│       └──white_data
│           ├──movie
│           │   ├──z000_ps3.wmp 2554624016
│           │   └──z016_ps3.wmp 2191333392
│           ├──sys
│           │   ├──filelist.ps3.bin 44463
│           │   ├──filelist_scr.ps3.bin 4461
│           │   ├──white_img.ps3.bin 179036160
│           │   └──white_scr.ps3.sdat 2134336
│           └──zone
│               ├──white_z000_img.ps3.bin 55037952
│               ├──white_z016_img.ps3.bin 201062400
│               └──white_z106_img.ps3.bin 10240
└──PS3_UPDATE
  └──PS3UPDAT.PUP 268435456
454 MB not including the trailers / opening

Grayman

The battle system looks like it might be fun in the two gamersyde vids.

Has anyone translated the menus?
I am just wondering what the commands are. Are they specific actions like "this exact slash" different strengths/styles that can do different animations(like xenogears)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Grayman said:
The battle system looks like it might be fun in the two gamersyde vids.

Has anyone translated the menus?
I am just wondering what the commands are. Are they specific actions like "this exact slash" different strengths/styles that can do different animations(like xenogears)
Slash / Fire / Firaga / Shoot / 'Launch'

Synless said:
I was actually amused by how rude she was. It was certainly different then what I'm used to hearing from a customer service rep.

Huh. I've been using NCSX for years and I've never had a single problem. I've even called them a few times to change my billing information and they've been nothing but polite and courteous.

NCSX is and will be my preferred source for importing titles.

LiK

donkey show said:
Talked to the my buddy (the owner) at Japan Video Games. My Cloud Black Triple is set to come in tomorrow. Good thing work is just 5 minutes up the street from them. Tomorrow's lunch time is fap time. =D

damn dude, i was waiting for you to comment. :p

distantmantra said:
Huh. I've been using NCSX for years and I've never had a single problem. I've even called them a few times to change my billing information and they've been nothing but polite and courteous.

NCSX is and will be my preferred source for importing titles.

i think this whole FFXIII demo and FF: ACC PS3 bundle thing probably stressed them out :lol

jett

D-Member
Lagunamov said:
454 MB not including the trailers / opening

Oh wow that's pretty interesting, I was totally wrong. And I guess despite being renamed Crystal Tools, it's still the White Engine at heart. :p

I'm guesstimating around 15 minutes of FMV in the demo disc. 4.5GB for just 15 minutes...yeah they're using a BD movie quality bitrate here. :p If they keep that quality the PS3 game will easily have to use a double-layered disc. 360 version will need some heavy duty compression. :p

Hopefully the full game has a "wait" mode for battles. This is a bit overwhelming. But maybe I'm used to FFXII where I could eat a bowl of cereal and just move my character around.

careksims

H_Prestige said:
Hopefully the full game has a "wait" mode for battles. This is a bit overwhelming. But maybe I'm used to FFXII where I could eat a bowl of cereal and just move my character around.

Same here, but I can manage. Just gotta' be quick on the buttons and be aware of your character]s spot on the battlefield.

Top Bottom