• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week Ten Thread: Unranked Miami Upends Ranked Duke

RoKKeR

Sigh. Well this was fun. Shows our D knows what's up, but offense just can't do shit. At least we got a bit of national run, lol.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Texas Tech did everything they could to lose that game and they succeeded

We've done a lot of embarrassing stuff in recent years but this one feels just about as bad as any of them despite only losing by 5 points. I haven't felt this bad after any other games this season and we've had a few worse losses.

That final drive was fucking embarrassing and is a microcosm of everything that has been wrong with this team over the last few years. #3 offense in the country this season that turns to garbage when we needed big drives, automatic first down penalties on defense when we get anywhere close to actually stopping somebody. That Jackson penalty on the last drive is the first time all season I've yelled at the TV. Probably the first time in a few years I've yelled at the TV.

At least we get KSU at home next week, should get a win there to get bowl eligible. Play better at home, and KSU isn't very good. I would think we're a better team than Texas but I never feel good playing against them since better Tech teams than this one have lost to bad Texas teams in recent years.

andycapps

We also ran the ball pretty good against you guys too.
Yeah, well enough. Outside of a busted play late in the game when UGA's defense was tired from being on the field the whole game, they only gave up a TD. Our offense shot the defense in the foot the whole game

I will say that if Pruitt does get fired this year I'd love to have Derek Mason as a defensive coordinator. If he can do that well with the recruits Vandy has, imagine if he got to work with some good ones.

Kusagari

We aren't beating FSU if Treon plays as shitty as he has these last 2 weeks.

The LSU game gave me some hope he could play competently but holy shit he's been terrible since.

god damn it if Pitt had just one more field goal at any point in the game I would've gotten the point for the no cover

oh well, at least Stanford is destroying Colorado

El_Chino

We aren't beating FSU if Treon plays as shitty as he has these last 2 weeks.

The LSU game gave me some hope he could play competently but holy shit he's been terrible since.
They need to create simple plays for him to regain his confidence and build up from there.

Besides those turnovers, VANDY has a great defense. All they need is some play makers on offense and they're a threat.

Vandy defense played pretty well and we were due for a turnover-filled game. That was almost the perfect storm for them. That and some awful play-calling certainly made it interesting.

I'm still hopeful because we're normally very good at protecting the ball so I'm going to assume the 4 TOs today were an outlier. At least we better make sure they were.

Coaches should kiss Hardin's ass because that play-calling made NO sense. We're a short passing offense and when we used it, it worked. Yet we kept having guys running down the fucking field with an O line missing two starters.

Also, play vanilla or play aggressive but don't try to do both. A fucking pass back to the QB by a WR? Fake field goal to a DL? Come on man. Looked like fucking Georgia last week, lol.

Top Bottom