• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week Ten Thread: Unranked Miami Upends Ranked Duke

squicken

Combo of poor tackling and Auburn remembering what they're good at. Why couldn't they keep trying to have Johnson throw the ball all the time?

A&M hasn't had the consistent ability to hit big plays on offense since Manziel. 4 and 5 star recruits all over but they just struggle to get big plays.

Think it is mostly they just don't fool anyone. Their tempo doesn't create confusion like it does for other spread/tempo teams. QB play is also massively worse since 2013

tumblr_inline_n5q3eaHY1K1qboyyx.gif

ag-my001

A&M hasn't had the consistent ability to hit big plays on offense since Manziel. 4 and 5 star recruits all over but they just struggle to get big plays.

Think it is mostly they just don't fool anyone. Their tempo doesn't create confusion like it does for other spread/tempo teams. QB play is also massively worse since 2013

From Jake Spavital's wiki page:
Since Spavital was assigned as the full-time offensive coordinator in 2014, the vaunted Aggie offense has regressed each year in overall production, creativity, output, and player development. On October 24, 2015, after the second straight dismal offensive performance by Spavital's unit, Texas A&M lost to Ole Miss in Oxford, Mississippi by a score of 23-3, leading to thousands of Texas A&M fans calling for Spavital's firing.

Jhriad

Okay, Cook's back.

He never left. Everyone tends to forget his completion percentage isn't great and he throws a lot of 50/50 balls. His YPA and YPC is great though. Just a streaky, clutch QB. Good game so far. I'm not expecting a win, it'd just be nice for it to be close at the end of the game. There's over a dozen potential Husker recruits at that game so I'd like to give them some hope this team isn't too far from decent.

ag-my001

I think the thing that I dislike most about Spavital is that he tries to dial up the "perfect" play, to his detriment. Whereas before A&M would play with tempo, keeping the same defensive personnel on the field by not having substitutions, now he'll send in a new package that lets the defense reset.

He also gets stuck in trying to use a special package or formation over and over, even when it's clearly not working. How many times did Carson line up directly behind Allen in the Ole Miss game, only to shift next to the qb? Not once was it used without the shift to confuse the defense. How many times did he call plays that were 15 yard out routes, when Allen was clearly not in a rhythm?

He's a coordinator that never seems to make adjustments. It lets the opponent catch on and catch up, or it dooms us to have no chance to compete.

/pristine

He never left. Everyone tends to forget his completion percentage isn't great and he throws a lot of 50/50 balls. His YPA and YPC is great though. Just a streaky, clutch QB. Good game so far. I'm not expecting a win, it'd just be nice for it to be close at the end of the game. There's over a dozen potential Husker recruits at that game so I'd like to give them some hope this team isn't too far from decent.

Cook's like the reception on my tv antenna, usually solid but prone to go on the fritz every so often.

Reilly's pitching a good game and the Huskers are amped. I understand why Corn Nation is freaking out this season but Nebraska'll be fine moving forward.

ag-my001

Well that was interesting protection: the right guard pulled to block the left side on a hail mary attempt against a three man rush.

The sack seemed inevitable.

Anno

The only good thing about how utterly garbage these games are is the first 10 minutes of 97.1 come Monday. Without that I'd just drive off a bridge tomorrow holy fuck.

I want to vomit, punch something and cry all at once. I just, I don't understand why we turn to shit with CJ out there. I really, really don't.

Top Bottom