• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Something like this right?
CQVQKzQW8AQRwaZ.png:large

Liquid...

Edit Top of Page: Well...alright.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Edit from bottom of last page.

Wow this Exotic Sword material farming is bad.
I thought you were all just being whiny when I read complaints about it.

But I have farmed 183 helium and gotten 3 materials needed for my sword.
Spent about an hour and a half.
On a planet that has zero Taken public events and therefore zero chances to fight some higher level enemies and get some drops.

Just running around in the Moon farming a material I already have over 1000 of. Good stuff here. Compelling.

* anyone know if getting a ghost with the helium extractor perk would help my progress for this?

Deku Tree

I wish that we knew what was the 3oC cool down period for it to work as intended.

Deej said it keeps working the same as it did before at about the length of a strike...

So does that mean that I should wait about 30 minutes between uses? Or ten minutes?

Should I wait to pop the next one until I am at the next boss? Does it trigger the new anti cheese cool down thing if I use it right after I used my last one (even though the buff doesn't proc for another hour)?

Too many unknowns.

I'm stuck at max marks with no idea what to spend them on, have already got hung jury, the vanity, the vertigo and the dead orbit shotgun.

Anything else from any vendor worth getting? To think that I thought the 200 mark limit would be a problem before the taken king even released.

• The Vanguard gloves are very good perks/stats-wise. INT/DISC with pulse rifle loader & increased grenade throw distance.
  • The FWC launcher is excellent if you're into PvP.
  • Buy Ghost shells for various planetary mats, as this will help immensely with exotic sword questing.
  • Also, start gearing up alts with engrams (as someone else suggested).

Strider

New page. New Post

Kings Fall. Starting Asap.

1. Strider
2. Thenal84

If no one answers on this page Im gonna just give up on raiding this week lol

t0rment

i feel like there's no progression after 290. nothing higher is dropping for me after dozens of hours, i just want something to infuse my weapons to not be stuck with a specific loadout. no vertical or horizontal progression, nada.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bout to head out to Captiva for the weekend
PS4 in tow
, but I wanted to spotlight a few of the weapons I'm currently frolicking with in Destiny. Most of these still need to be infused up, but soon enough.

First off, I finally had the marks to plunk down on this thing I had my eyes on since TTK launch day:
It's sooooo good. Owning this cuts the sting of never having acquired a Praetorian Foil a little bit; they're the only two base stat max-impact fusion rifles I've ever seen. I was starved for a good void fusion on my hunter so I'm quite happy indeed.

It's monstrous in the Crucible. It does take skill to use because of its extremely slow charge time. You need to be adept at cooking the charge and deciding when it's fusion time or not, but it's simply ridonkulous when you hit with it. I consistently took out Stormcallers in Stormtrance with full health in one shot, though shooooockingly it can't do the same to Sunbreakers, leaving them with a sliver.

It's also wonderful against unsuspecting swordsmen.
http://fat.gfycat.com/EveryFluffyBlackfootedferret.webm

Holds a bunch of ammo too. I don't even have Accelerated Coils unlocked yet, and Life Support is such an outstanding perk for the Crucible. I initially wrote the latter off but it's magnificent, and has saved me countless times.

Speaking of which, this is pretty much my pride and joy for the moment:
Hot Swap is so so so so good on this thing. With Life Support it's like a mini Plan C with higher stability and impact than also heals me if I get hit during the kill and doesn't use my exotic slot. And it's just so sexy hnnnnnnng

Life Support rules in Crucible, and I can switch to Surrounded for almost constant bonus damage in PvE. This thing can also roll with Accelerated Coils, though personally I don't think it's necessary, and Rangefinger, which seems like it would be downright nasty.

Then there's these lovely twins:
The Cocytus is my go-to on the longer engagement-range maps in the Crucible for my Hunter. Max range with Rifled Barrel plus Zen Moment is no joke. And Scouts are actually pretty real in PvP right now, I gotta say. The Tuonela on the other hand is taking over workhorse duties from Last Extremity for my Titan in PvE, due to higher RoF and reload, an extra bullet in the mag and maxed out stability. I imagine the latter feels much like the Hung Jurys I see everyone rocking- HeadSplosions for days- but I like the look of this thing better.

My Warlock has some great primary options to play with when he finally comes of age as well. Really, the only kind of weapon I haven't gotten at least a viable drop or two so far would be my favorite... HCs. :( I don't really like the look, name, mag or perk combo of The Vanity so I'm kinda at a loss. I want Eyasluna so badly but there's no way to accelerate my getting it I guess. Very psyched for Ace of Spades and I can see my Hunter rocking that for many moons, but I need a legendary stand-in as well. Maybe I'll go fishing for the Imago Loop sometime soon.

On a planet that has zero Taken public events and therefore zero chances to fight some higher level enemies and get some drops.

Just running around in the Moon farming a material I already have over 1000 of. Good stuff here. Compelling.

* anyone know if getting a ghost with the helium extractor perk would help my progress for this?

Don't bother with chests

Mindlog

Need two in about 20 minutes for King's Fall Raid.
GAF weekend raiders are back at it. Putting the call out for guardians.

We cleared the raid last week with relative ease thanks to some awesome members and had tons of fun. This week back at it with better gear (Hey Oryx: My 309 Full Auto Raid Scout and 308 1000 YS say Hi)

King's Fall - Full Raid - Friday 9pm CET - 7 pm GMT/3PM EST

1. Mindlog
2. *sub*
3. jayforone
4. *sub*
5. Siyanoqq
6. Biggy70686

Please quote the list and sign up.
Enter for your chance to win fabulous prizes.

Yes, I bought a ghost just for this. Aiming a sniper while the ghost is equipped helps too

Your best bet is to find a node near a new zone and use the sparrow to race out of the zone and back in to have the material respawn; basically the old queen chest method after killing the wolves. This is much faster than circling the zone looking for nodes.

Deku Tree

First off, I finally had the marks to plunk down on this thing I had my eyes on since TTK launch day:

It's sooooo good. Owning this cuts the sting of never having acquired a Praetorian Foil a little bit; they're the only two base stat max-impact fusion rifles I'm ever seen. I was starved for a good void fusion on my hunter so I'm quite happy indeed.

You might want to pay the gunsmith a visit and put in an order for the FR that he is selling this week. I believe it is of the max-impact variety. Gunsmith stops taking orders when Xur leaves...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Same thought process as me. I saw all the complaints and was reserving judgment, but it gets my vote for Worst Thing in Destiny.

In the old days, material farming didn't really bother me that much as I just did little bits at a time- collecting just a handful of mats for my next upgrade before starting a mission, strike, waiting to raid, whatever. If I tried to handle this quest step that way it'll be Q2 2016 by the time I get my first Exotic Sword XD

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I've got two Ghosts which pick up Spintmetal and Worm Spores from engram drops. Does anyone sell a Relic Iron one?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You might want to pay the gunsmith a visit and put in an order for the FR that he is selling this week. I believe it is of the max-impact variety. Gunsmith stops taking orders when Xur leaves...
Oh shit, thanks! Hope I've already met whatever req there is to be able to place an order for the week.

edit: It's a Thesan FR4 like the one in my second shot- not quite max impact though still super high, with awesome overall stats and huge stability. Could use a Solar one with Rangefinder so I'll put in the order ;)

Mindlog

I started a raid list not too long ago and it only has 2 people so far. We can fill those two spots!
I was hoping for that. We won't start for 20 more minutes, but if you can wait that would be perfect.

NP if you head off before that :]
Lots of people looking to raid.

Deku Tree

Same thought process as me. I saw all the complaints and was reserving judgment, but it gets my vote for Worst Thing in Destiny.

In the old days, material farming didn't really bother me that much as I just did little bits at a time- collecting just a handful of mats for my next upgrade before starting a mission, strike, waiting to raid, whatever. If I tried to handle this quest step that way it'll be Q2 2016 by the time I get my first Exotic Sword XD

Yeah it's really bad. Not fun at all. Hard boring tedious work. Totally blows...

... But it is vastly superior to relying on RNG to get your swords.

I was the guy who wasn't playing hardcore enough during week 2 to even know about Xur... and then I started doing everything every week... and it took me until late January to get my Gjallarhorn.

So let me just say that I hope they find a better and more fun way to make you work hard to get your top tier stuff. But I would never want to go back to the old system of waiting on RNGesus to get the best most OP exotics. I'd take grinding at least twice the number of hadium flakes and sword planetary materials over that...

Kyne

goodluck on your trip Hawk. Be sure and have fun. We'd love to have you but no worries if you can't make it.

exYle

I have gotten at LEAST six Impossible Machines, god damn it

Oh well. Thanks for the Nightfall folks Redman & Akademik

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah it's really bad. Not fun at all. Hard boring tedious work. Totally blows...

... But it is vastly superior to relying on RNG to get your swords.

I was the guy who wasn't playing hardcore enough during week 2 to even know about Xur... and then I started doing everything every week... and it took me until late January to get my Gjallarhorn.

So let me just say that I hope they find a better and more fun way to make you work hard to get your top tier stuff. But I would never want to go back to the old system of waiting on RNGesus to get the best most OP exotics. I'd take grinding at least twice the number of hadium flakes and sword planetary materials over that...
I think the fact that the sword is a long quest, and that you get to choose your element and the exotic you have access to as a result, is phenomenal. Bravo I say. I don't even have any problem with the other steps including Hadium Flake farming, which isn't exactly popular with the folks. Hilt-bashing people in the Crucible was a downright blast.

It's just this one thing... it's material farming loops minus chests, plus the very RNG you decry. Why why why why make it stop.
goodluck on your trip Hawk. Be sure and have fun. We'd love to have you but no worries if you can't make it.
Thanks! Pretty good chance I can be there but I'll keep ya posted. :)

Do treasure chests not contribute?

Top Bottom