• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

phen0m24

Are sidearms as useless as I think they are?
Ahem

Many loathe them, GutZ 31 loves them

Uh

Yes. As far as I know.
This includes weapons and armor that only drop from the bosses of these strikes.

Pro tip;
If there is more than one boss, leave the one that you want loot from for last.

Flayers, kill solar last, get solar mantle as an example.

Dude speak your piece

ToTP Confession:
I kinda like the Stormcaller! Bug zapper!

Klyka

Banned
Sure. Unless that is Kalamari's spot now? Saw that post too.

If it's full that's cool just put me down as an alt in case anyone can't make it or has to leave at some point. I'll send u a FR on psn

Yeah, sorry mate I'll put you down as an alt cause Kalamari responded first!

Tovarisc

Got HC from Gunsmith as Rank 4 present, flavor text is so cheesy that it's good.
CQVI1V6UEAAN6FM.jpg:orig

Ok so no reply from K1t4j so for tonights raid we have the following people;

01: MandrakeUK
02: IcyTurds
03: Duebrithil
04: Sleepy Buddha
05: You?
06: You?

Is anyone else interested?

We are looking to start fresh in about an 90 mins or so.

Are we 100% positive (or at least 99%) that the gear you are wearing while gear drops and is picked up does not effect the light level of the engarm drops? Only the light you are when decoding them at the cryptarch?

I have been struggling to get stuff now that I'm 298. I realize that statistically makes sense as its lot more likely to lower gear, but I like to unlock perks and stuff while I'm farming for engrams and just want to make sure I'm not hurting my chances.

Namikaze1

PlanetDestiny confirmed that you do not have to do the strike playlist for the strike specific loot.

So if you are looking for the other mantles, or something else in the other strikes, just start them from the planet/ship in orbit for a stress free farm run.
Good to know. I am just doing the Vanguard playlist just for rep at this point.

Wicked and Unstable both said they'd be down for flawless KF. Have any other candidates emerged? I could even do some attempts this weekend if we're able to get a team together.

Don't worry about doing your homework, we'll cover everything assuming you're still raiding w us tonight.
I have no one yet. Gonna see if Fig and Afro are interested.

Oh man, those things look awesome. I guess I should start grinding dust palace in hopes of one.
Looks pretty cool.

duck_sauce

Ok so no reply from K1t4j so for tonights raid we have the following people;

01: MandrakeUK
02: IcyTurds
03: Duebrithil
04: Sleepy Buddha
05: You?
06: You?

Is anyone else interested?

We are looking to start fresh in about an 90 mins or so.

I have only seen the raid up to the warpriest. If that is good enough..... i would like to join

Deku Tree

So what's the difference between the "Better Already" (this gives shield energy on orb pick up, so does that mean it gives you an over shield picking up one orb?) perk and the "Infusion" (this gives health regen on orb pickup) perk on helmets?

Kyoufu

Are we 100% positive (or at least 99%) that the gear you are wearing while gear drops and is picked up does not effect the light level of the engarm drops? Only the light you are when decoding them at the cryptarch?

I have been struggling to get stuff now that I'm 298. I realize that statistically makes sense as its lot more likely to lower gear, but I like to unlock perks and stuff while I'm farming for engrams and just want to make sure I'm not hurting my chances.

Correct. Make sure you're wearing your best stuff when using the Cryptarch.

Deku Tree

Before TTK launched I had 1150+ strange coins. Right now today I have zero. OMG

And I have all exotic armors, but also there was a lot of stuff that I didn't get at the desired power levels. And the RNG perks gives a lot of variability.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I wasn't enjoying Gunslinger with Nighthawk much but then this does make it enjoyable. 55,000 hit damage to Valus Mau'ual on the Bond brothers strike. Might use it for Nightfall since its running a Solar burn. I read that damage could hit 100,000 before 2.0.

awvusk.gif

I need that cloak! That's all I want for my Hunter! All the Warlock(my main) stuff is jank :/

My Titan has the Mauler Guantlets and Dark Blade Helm.

Looks hot yo especially with the right shader. Haven't seen anyone else wearing it. Too many wearing those Psions cloaks. Feel like I'm in Tron or something.

I wasn't enjoying Gunslinger with Nighthawk much but then this does make it enjoyable. 55,000 hit damage to Valus Mau'ual on the Bond brothers strike. Might use it for Nightfall since its running a Solar burn. I read that damage could hit 100,000 before 2.0.

awvusk.gif

Nighthawk? Check.

Taniks Cloak? Check.

Ape Jealous? Check.

Nice Gif!

Namikaze1

Well, I'll be damned. Increased sniper rifle ammo. Don't know if I would have preferred sniper rifle reloader, but hot fucking damn.

Decrypted at 277 though. Boo.
You interested in attempting a flawless run? The scheduled date is the 10th but if we have a full team, we can attempt it earlier.

noomi

So what's the difference between the "Better Already" (this gives shield energy on orb pick up, so does that mean it gives you an over shield picking up one orb?) perk and the "Infusion" (this gives health regen on orb pickup) perk on helmets?

Down to 300 today from around 1,200 that I had when TTK started.

Scary stuff, but like you I have every year 2 exotic that is obtainable through RNG. Albeit, not 310 versions.....yet

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think I sent you a PM the other night about being added, not sure if you got it or not. My PSN is Azys_, looking to get added to the community. Thanks!
You're in, and didn't get purged :)

I want to thank all of you for being my friend as the "Mutual Friends" feature made this WAY less of an impossible task.

Mindlog

GAF weekend raiders are back at it. Putting the call out for guardians.

We cleared the raid last week with relative ease thanks to some awesome members and had tons of fun. This week back at it with better gear (Hey Oryx: My 309 Full Auto Raid Scout and 308 1000 YS say Hi)

King's Fall - Full Raid - Friday 9pm CET - 7 pm GMT

1. Mindlog
2. *you*
3. jayforone
4. Akademik209
5. Siyanoqq
6. Biggy70686

7. Alt1: in case Cilonen can't make it:

We ll need 3 guardians (and an alt in case Cilonen can't make it)

Please quote the list and sign up.
Going to need 1 sub.

One of these days i'll make honor roll. one of these days.
Great job Drizzay on the wonderful OT!

Anyone have any updates on the Sleeper, hard mode raid or how i've somehow put in over 100 hours since the Taken King dropped?

Thanks dude! I'll put a word in with some important people, see if I can't get your name bumped up the list ;)

Haven't heard any news, although we did look up Hard Crota and it seems like it launched 6 weeks after normal, on a Wednesday. Can't remember if this was exactly the case but that would make it the week after Trials ends. I can't imagine Hard KF will drop next week since they haven't said a word yet, then the week after is IB and Trials so it can't be then. Sometime the week after would be reasonable, around the 21st.

Insert Million dollar man image with Daft Punk in the background here.

Haha exactly! Glad someone gets it.

You're raiding with LT, right? Then I'm definitely in!

Sure am! Our 6th may be up in the air currently but we'll run it for sure. Should be a good time.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
lol 2 exotic helmet engrams and a 310 TLW from the Nightfall.

And I didn't need any of it

awvusk.gif

never noticed how his rocket wings fall apart

this is truly the most immaculately designed and built game in human history

LTWood12

I have a dupe 300 raid pulse rife. What to infuse to 300:

1. Vendor Hung Jury
2. Fabian Strategy
3. (Dark Horse because I love it) Paleocontact JPK-43 w/ Battle Runner, Fitted Stock, & Counter Balance. It's a 57 round-mag laser beam.

kiguel182

Thanks for the NF! Unfortunately only got 10 coins :(

Also, someone wanted in and added me from the PS4 community but then ultrajari joined the fireteam at the same time and he was left out. Sorry about that!

Dalek

This may be common knowledge to some, but this is good advice I just read about on reddit:

The Vanguard Strikes Buff Stacks up to 3 Times ONLY

In the comments, it's determined that if you wait until your Vanguard strike bonus is at it's max and then turn in your bounties during the strike, your faction reputation are multiplied as well.

ZarathustraEck
Just to be clear, you're saying that once you've got a couple stacks, your bounties can be cashed in (within the Strike) for increased reputation?

This changes everything.

Arkanian410
Correct. You have to cash them in while still in the playlist

noomi

I'm getting to the point where I don't know what to buy with legendary marks anymore.

Guess it's time to start buying planetary mats?

Klyka

Banned
Alright to everyone who will join our raid, I will now jump online and then start getting the crew together :)

We start soon!

Top Bottom