• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

123rl

I finished getting the Warsats last night, finished the Archive, and dismantled a Legendary. I had nothing else to do so I switched it off for the night. I went to the Gunsmith this morning and he's given me the quest for First Firewall again. If I have to grind that shit out because it has glitched...

JackHerer

they decode based on the character doing it not the person it dropped on (hence i send all my legendary gear to my alts speed there leveling up :D

Great thanks. That's what I was expecting but I also thought I remembered hearing about how engrams are decided when they are created and not when they are decoded but I guess that is incorrect.

squadr0n

I finished getting the Warsats last night, finished the Archive, and dismantled a Legendary. I had nothing else to do so I switched it off for the night. I went to the Gunsmith this morning and he's given me the quest for First Firewall again. If I have to grind that shit out because it has glitched...

So glad I decided to wait and do the last Warsat after the daily reset lol. Ill be on Mars if you need help with it.

noomi

Spent about 70 coins this morning, mostly on 3oC but also purchased 2 gauntlet engrams.

The best part? Being half a sleep, decrypted one of them on my titan under level 300 :( What a waste of 19 coins :/

Not gonna lie, kinda gutted Mida Multi-Tool isn't a year 2 weapon.

Edit: Tgis sleeper quest is triggered off of 4 of those weapons to the gunsmith yeah? I'm pretty sure I've handed 4 in and I've no quest.

Not gonna lie, kinda gutted Mida Multi-Tool isn't a year 2 weapon.

Edit: Tgis sleeper quest is triggered off of 4 of those weapons to the gunsmith yeah? I'm pretty sure I've handed 4 in and I've no quest.

Did you select Earth on your director? Because it's not a quest that is given out, the First Firewall mission just appears in your director. Don't know if it still appears though, as Bungie said it will return in time.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Ok so here is what I have for exotic gear which haven't been given or super rare drops. Added too many or missing any? No idea if the Dunemarchers are rare or not.

Hunter
ATS/8 Tarantella
Shinobu's Vow
Fr0st-EE5 (Frosties lolz)

Titan
Twilight Garrison
Dunemarchers

Warlock
Transversive Steps
Ophidian Aspect
Astrocyte Verse

Deku Tree

Wow. I've done everything I can and want to do in Destiny this week. Just daily crucible and PvP for marks left.

Warlock 307
Hunter 307
Titan 306

I guess I could start trying to get good at PvP and grind that Chaperone quest. Next week I need to do the next step of the first curse quest. I've gotten all RNG exotics. Omg.

Wait really? I thought I heard the level of the gear was already decided when the engram dropped. Is that incorrect?

it is bullshit, i prove this every night when transfering gear.

My hunter only ever gets hunter gear from my locks engrams same as my titan, and when they get gun engrams i pass them to my lock to try and get 300-310.

Edit, now and again you get gear for a other class but it is in the low 5%.

Also you say level, i have never decrypted a high level 300/310 on my alts from my warlocks findings, but my lock decrypts at 310 (exotics only :'() and 280/300 with legendary.

Mupod

I've been looking around through what I've got on hand for IB and I'm thinking Taikonaut + Vendor FWC rocket launcher. That seems like it'd be nasty. I tend to die to random pratfalls right before heavy ammo on these new maps though.

Nearly done with this crucible quest from shaxx.

On the last part now, I think it's called mountaintop. looks like I just need to win three or four games and I'm done, crazy how long this whole quest line is...

4 in a row basically. Shaxx's NF tier bounties are good too. Easy to finish in a week.

Mupod

Wait really? I thought I heard the level of the gear was already decided when the engram dropped. Is that incorrect?

I've leveled two characters while saving every blue/purple engram drop and only used them after 40 when they could put on my 300+ weapon set. All the engrams decode at high light levels at that point and I was able to easily hit 300 on those characters.

deoee

CQ3yvTgUEAAIXSG.jpg:orig

Ok

noomi

Really good advice from reddit:

Sorry in advance if this is a repost. If you missed the chance at The First Firewall quest, or maybe hadn't found all 4 of the DVALIN relics, or don't want to wait to until the next chance comes up to get your hands on the Simulant there looks to be a way to force the quest to start.

You simply need to find someone who has previously completed The First Firewall mission, and join their fireteam. Have them load First Firewall. Upon completion you should get the Curious Transceiver drop and proceed like normal.

I just finished doing this with a coworker who hadn't unlocked TFF quest, and it worked for us. Clutch finished all 3 warsats 2 minutes before reset too, and now he's the proud owner of a shiny new Sleeper Simulant. Hope it helps someone!

Source

Stratn

For those who had finished the Sleeper requirements yesterday, and waiting for the strike to open up today..... did the strike open this morning?

TP-DK

Thats incorrect, and legacy engrams proves it. I got a legacy helmet engram on my warlock. I decoded it on my titan and got the hesperos titan helmet.

Namikaze1

Yeah, I'm gonna stick with using Black Spindle against Golgoroth and Warpriest. I was doing 90k per shot with SS on Golgoroth with WoL and a tether on him. I managed to do just 4 shots in one bubble. I could do 12 with a black spindle and nearly 90 - 120k damage per shot with WoL and a tether on him.

Raybunny

Yeah, I'm gonna stick with using Black Spindle against Golgoroth and Warpriest. I was doing 90k per shot with SS on Golgoroth with WoL and a tether on him. I managed to do just 4 shots in one bubble. I could do 12 with a black spindle and nearly 90 - 120k damage per shot with WoL and a tether on him.

Only 90k with the SS? What a disappointment.

126k/127k seems to be the cap with B-Spindler with WOL + Tether. The way to go then.

Namikaze1

Only 90k with the SS? What a disappointment.

126k/127k seems to be the cap with B-Spindler with WOL + Tether. The way to go then.
Mind you, I'm comparing a 290 weapon to a 300 one. But the reason I'm sticking with Spindle is because I can shoot him 12 times in a single bubble as opposed to 4 shots.

Top Bottom