• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Tovarisc

Did this thread already cover the shotgun nerf?

Iron Banner and Trials is going ot be interesting

Removal of Shot Package will have zero impact on shotgun gameplay in PvP. Conspiracy-D with Rangefinder will still be equivelant of sniper rifle thanks to insane range it has, and it will be 100% unaffected by this "shotgun nerf". This "nerf" mostly just affects legacy shotties from Y1 that you still see in normal Crucible.

----

An Insurmountable Skullfort for my alt and 100x 3oC with ~300 Strange Coins left in pocket, decent Xûr day I would say.

Lnkn52

3 days later, finally done with this quest. For a Ghorn killer, the quest and the gun are a let down. Incoming buff please.

SeanR1221

Still a little confused on this sleeper stuff.

So if I have the warsats left, can I just do them whenever and open the strike or am I on a time limit here?

glaurung

Reached Oryx with my trusty fireteam. God damn, what a difficulty spike!

Everything leading up to the final boss has been a cinch. Most of the fireteam is around 300 light. And we cannot even freaking get Oryx to flinch.

Another group who ran before us told that they had to go to orbit and back three times to fix the issues with Oryx (platforms not appearing, relic not appearing, people dying at random from no reason).

This experience has soured an otherwise cool raid experience. We did not even manage to get a quarter of his health off.

noomi

Yeah, I'm gonna stick with using Black Spindle against Golgoroth and Warpriest. I was doing 90k per shot with SS on Golgoroth with WoL and a tether on him. I managed to do just 4 shots in one bubble. I could do 12 with a black spindle and nearly 90 - 120k damage per shot with WoL and a tether on him.

I will be using black spindle and the sleeper. I always run out of special ammo on the warpriest, and when that happens.... swap to the sleeper and get that bastard down.

Raybunny

Mind you, I'm comparing a 290 weapon to a 300 one. But the reason I'm sticking with Spindle is because I can shoot him 12 times in a single bubble as opposed to 4 shots.

The fight is 290 so I doubt a SS 300 would do any more damage. (Will test it this weekend. Got mine at 300).

My comment also comes from the fact that you have about 7 shots that need charge and that you don't really need to reload spindle if you keep hitting criticals in mind. Wasn't just a shallow attention response. It is just a pain to write what seems to be not worth be saying cause if you know the fight it becomes acquired knowledge.

What the hell are blueberries

Besides a delicious and nutritious berry.

Blue*Berries are ppl that is not in your fireteam and that you have no relation with. ( Even though when in CoO with 6 GAF members I call them blueberries.)

AngerdX

Just got back into this, so now i´m running thru the first 2 expansions, any advice they changed alot so feel a bit lost at times heh

Removal of Shot Package will have zero impact on shotgun gameplay in PvP. Conspiracy-D with Rangefinder will still be equivelant of sniper rifle thanks to insane range it has, and it will be 100% unaffected by this "shotgun nerf". This "nerf" mostly just affects legacy shotties from Y1 that you still see in normal Crucible.

----

An Insurmountable Skullfort for my alt and 100x 3oC with ~300 Strange Coins left in pocket, decent Xûr day I would say.

WHEN WILL IT END

Also conspiracy theoryD is a legit shotgun. Hits like a truck

My rolls on my arent very good though (EDIT: Nvm mine hase rangefinder, performance bonus, and rifled barrel lol)

Tovarisc

3 days later, finally done with this quest. For a Ghorn killer, the quest and the gun are a let down. Incoming buff please.

Did you even use SS against anything like strike or raid boss, or just going by general tone of people about SS? It's not borderline broken like Malice in Sisters and Oryx fights, but it does rather sick single target damage to all bosses.

Reached Oryx with my trusty fireteam. God damn, what a difficulty spike!

Everything leading up to the final boss has been a cinch. Most of the fireteam is around 300 light. And we cannot even freaking get Oryx to flinch.

Another group who ran before us told that they had to go to orbit and back three times to fix the issues with Oryx (platforms not appearing, relic not appearing, people dying at random from no reason).

This experience has soured an otherwise cool raid experience. We did not even manage to get a quarter of his health off.

There is some bugs in Oryx fight, I have also seen those happen that you listed in this post. As an encounter Oryx is very much about knowing mechanics and execution, especially with team of 300 Light Guardians. If you can't make him flinch at that light you are doing something wrong during that phase of encounter and/or need take look at weapons team is using.

When you get weapon selection and positioning right getting Oryx to flinch won't be an issue and you basically have kill in the bag, assuming you know other mechanics and phases of encounter.

WHEN WILL IT END

Also conspiracy theoryD is a legit shotgun. Hits like a truck

My rolls on my arent very good though

My Conspiracy Theory-D has Smooth Ballistics, Rangefinder and Rifled Barrel to boost its already sick range. Performance Bonus as added vanity perk that has no real gameplay affect 99% of the time, PvE or PvP.

Blue*Berries are ppl that is not in your fireteam and that you have no relation with. ( Even though when in CoO with 6 GAF members I call them blueberries.)

Yeah like I ran into this Blueberry last while I was doing the warsat quests
yDjvM0A.png

glaurung

There is some bugs in Oryx fight, I have also seen those happen that you listed in this post. As an encounter Oryx is very much about knowing mechanics and execution, especially with team of 300 Light Guardians. If you can't make him flinch at that light you are doing something wrong during that phase of encounter and/or need take look at weapons team is using.

When you get weapon selection and positioning right getting Oryx to flinch won't be an issue and you basically have kill in the bag, assuming you know other mechanics and phases of encounter.
We had some people in there who were just learning things. The rest of the phases are not a concern, we all know the sequence of platforms, ogre bombs, knight debuff and kill, teleport bubble and so on. Unless everybody was unloading at Oryx with a zero-impact weapon, I cannot think of another reason.

Lnkn52

Did you even use SS against anything like strike or raid boss, or just going by general tone of people about SS? It's not borderline broken like Malice in Sisters and Oryx fights, but it does rather sick single target damage to all bosses.

When my team was wiping at Golgoroth because of it (we don't wipe at all), it really isn't that good.

Edit: salty topper

YX6ZTJ2.gif

noomi

I'm dying to know more about the no time to explain, hope we get some leads on this soon.

Unless of course... it's time gated then... we just wait for that missions to pop up.

Stop all that talk. Especially seeing as how Malice has next to no value outside of those two encounters.

It's not broken at all Bungie, please do not touch it.

Mupod

Been forcing myself away from Messenger, Matador and Gjallarhorn to get ready for PVP modes where they won't work anymore. The Eirene armsday sniper is FILTHY so I'll be using that for sure until it eats a nerf.

I really like pulse rifles in pvp but Bad Juju didn't really work for me when I tried it right after the TTK patch. But I'm trying to think of ways to make Sunbreaker even more stupid in time for IB so maybe I should look into it again. I have it unlocked too, would really like to try Red Death but I never found one before.

Also that feel when you tried for hours to find a raid group last night then as soon as you get to work the thread is just nonstop people asking to raid. What the hell.

When my team was wiping at Golgoroth because of it (we don't wipe at all), it really isn't that good.

Edit: salty topper

YX6ZTJ2.gif

I mean

Its likely not going to outperform a legendary sniper with the right perks. Still with the right setups it can make the most of small windows of opportunity

I mean with snipers you still need to pump out 4-5 rounds and sometimes you needs to stay mobile

I can see SS doing work in certain situations

Tovarisc

We had some people in there who were just learning things. The rest of the phases are not a concern, we all know the sequence of platforms, ogre bombs, knight debuff and kill, teleport bubble and so on. Unless everybody was unloading at Oryx with a zero-impact weapon, I cannot think of another reason.

Learning things is fine and we all been there, my raid team had real issue with getting flinch to happen in certain positions. For my team solution was to use snipers during initial flinch burn and as Oryx starts to lean back swap to LMG's if necessary to get more damage in. Using snipers first allowed us to get guaranteed high damage hits in.

Also don't be afraid to use stuff like WoL, Celestial boosted Golden Gun etc. to aid with getting flinch. Those help a lot and will naturally get phased out from encounter use as you get more used to angles from which to shoot at Oryx.

What I try to say is that at certain positions in encounter area Oryx can be in weird angles and cause a lot of shots not to hit weakspot => immune hits / wasted DPS => no flinch.

That sounds like player issue to me, not an weapon issue. I don't really see how SS can make your whole team suck and wipe, but when equipping e.g. Spindles all players get MLG skills and doesn't wipe :D

Edit:
Stop all that talk. Especially seeing as how Malice has next to no value outside of those two encounters.

It's not broken at all Bungie, please do not touch it.

Me saying Malice is broken is maybe wrong, especially when considering how situational weapon it's. It just makes Sisters and Oryx [all phases] so laughable trivial in NM. It just gets into pure joke territory moment your team can stack Malices.

Been forcing myself away from Messenger, Matador and Gjallarhorn to get ready for PVP modes where they won't work anymore. The Eirene armsday sniper is FILTHY so I'll be using that for sure until it eats a nerf.

I really like pulse rifles in pvp but Bad Juju didn't really work for me when I tried it right after the TTK patch. But I'm trying to think of ways to make Sunbreaker even more stupid in time for IB so maybe I should look into it again. I have it unlocked too, would really like to try Red Death but I never found one before.

Also that feel when you tried for hours to find a raid group last night then as soon as you get to work the thread is just nonstop people asking to raid. What the hell.

I've been using this blue 293 Hakke Moriaen-D pulse since yesterday and it's really damn good. It has crowd control and unflinching in the hopscotch archetype.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I did get this last night when playing Skirmish
CQ38yYaWEAAJ5co.png:large

Perk 1: Outlaw
Perk 2: Hammer Forged - Reinforced Barrel - Injection Mold
Perk 3: Life Support

Any good? I heard its supposed to be good.

ethomaz

Banned
There is only one new Gjallarhorn for Raid right now.

Black Spindle

Love this gun in full non-stop 18 shots on bosses.

Top Bottom