• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Instead of a chance of an extra drop from Oryx, we should have been able to use an X amount of shards on an incremental Light level increase, e.g. if your Ghost Shell is at 309 and you're just not getting that 310 Ghost to drop then you can trade in a certain amount of shards to upgrade your Ghost by 1 Light, turning it from a 309 to a 310 item.

Essentially what your saying is being able to infuse shards into gear in which case everyone would be 310 in a matter of days, thats not the dynamic they want I think.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Alright DGAF...

I jumped on this morning and rolled a few engrams. All 290 guantlets. All my chars are 300+...yay shards. I also finished by Gunslinger PVP quest and got that sexy emblem. I did my warlock last week.

I'm waiting on my gurl to come over so we can go apple picking and bake delicious treats. In the meantime, I'm playing PVP, working on my bladedancer emblem and listenin to this on repeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G5UwCyr_g8

Sorry LT. I love 90s R&B but I needs my Phil

Genesis so gooooooud

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsI_q3nxC4M
Good listen. Bit rough start but it gets better

MrDaravon

Great, another week of nothing for me from Xur lol. I already have all of the Y2 gloves except No Backup Plans and I'm hardly in a rush for that, and I also don't really care to play the 310 gambling game with engrams for infusing, at least not in my gloves slot. Time to focus on other games again this weekend. I do really wish he would switch up his legacy engram slot though, we got heavy again :(.

Kyoufu

or maybe you need to dismantle a certain amount of high level gear to reach that.

Yup, these shards should be obtained by dismantling unwanted raid loot to upgrade your equipped gear.

Getting low 300 gear while you're sitting at 309 is a tooooooooootal waste of time.

Tovarisc

How many times have you done the raid?

25 times apparently :D

I have done runs where only source for loot has been 3oC as I have been helping friends to do clears [when missing 6th etc.]. Alts have 2 clears on King's Fall as I created and leveled them up post-release, with main I have done full clear every week since release of KF.

I'm still in the point where only way for me to progress my gear and get useful loot is basically doing raid and hoping I get super lucky 305+ drops. Not very thrilling imo, especially when you know that anything that isn't exotic engram will give you stuff that is way, way below your light level.

----

Got Burden of Proof XI from New Monarchy's rank 2 package. Smooth Ballistics, Full Auto, Hand-laid Stock & Replenish, should be nice PvE shotty once infused up from current 280.

Kyoufu

Essentially what your saying is being able to infuse shards into gear in which case everyone would be 310 in a matter of days, thats not the dynamic they want I think.

Of course, their design intent is to waste your time as much as possible. If they ever deny that, then they'd be lying.

I mean, they could design a system that doesn't necessarily take you to 310 in days or even weeks, but something GUARANTEED to get you there rather than hoping for RNGesus to give you 310 drops in specific slots, which is bullshit.

Only missing the stormcaller exotic gloves on my warlock. Bought an exotic engram today morning from Xur. Rolls as 290 Impossible, eh not bad but man it'd be a pain to infuse that up to 310. Have exactly enough coins to buy one more engram (spent the rest on 3oC), take the shot and it rolls up as 310 Impossible. Yay!

Now I can just convert every coin I get into a 3oC and farm draksis whenever I have other stuff to do. The whole "smart loot" system worked for this guardian, today.

PuMa

Great, another week of nothing for me from Xur lol. I already have all of the Y2 gloves except No Backup Plans and I'm hardly in a rush for that, and I also don't really care to play the 310 gambling game with engrams for infusing, at least not in my gloves slot. Time to focus on other games again this weekend. I do really wish he would switch up his legacy engram slot though, we got heavy again :(.

Replenish your 3oC stock. Pretty much all Xur is good for now.

Hedera

Anyone for the exotic sword strike? I'm at that step with all 3 so any element/elements you need would be fine with me. PS4 btw.

LOL

Ok. Mayhem Rumble. Warlock. Invective. STR build with Claws of Ahamkara. Extended range on Thunderstruck. I wonder if I could make this viable in Trials. One shotgun hit and one melee = death every time.

Tovarisc

Replenish your 3oC stock. Pretty much all Xur is good for now.

What you are saying is that Xûr is a lot more relevant for player than current form of Nightfall could ever hope to be.

I hope 101 3oC's can hold me over until next Friday :b

I saw a few people mention Battlefield--anyone playing Metal Gear Online? Having a blast in it so far.

I've tried both, while metal gear online is very cool it feels like a user mod thats half assed. If the host disconnects for any reason everyone DC's and loses all the xp/etc they gained. Its netcode is atrocious and a lagger will just zoom around the screen, basically untouchable.

Battlefront has its flaws but just running around as a stormtrooper attacking rebels on Hoth is crazy fun for me, easy day zero buy.

But more importantly I am off to pick up Uncharted Trilogy Collection today, that will be occupying my spare time between now and Syndicate/Fallout/Battlefront.

It's friday, and you should be working, and I'm jealous. I want to be playing!

Also, listen to this next...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkRKT6T0QLg

YES!

The need for PC is completely legitimate. But damn Ape it's Friday! Why not a happier song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW68T84RLHw

Haha. I just love this song despite how sad it is.

Genesis so gooooooud

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsI_q3nxC4M
Good listen. Bit rough start but it gets better

Liquid. My boy.

lmao there's mayhem RUMBLE this week???

holy FUCK

It's just nonsense! But I did win with that combo..by a wide margin lol

Shito

I wonder how many people will take a long break from Destiny when SW Battlefront comes out.
Haven't played it, but from what I've seen on streams, I doubt this will be the game that will make people take a long break from Destiny. :/

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
How are the Eliminate the Target public events not fixed yet???

Just had the one in the Rubicon Wastes.
I locked him up with my bow and then put 4 Sleeper Stimulant shots into him and 8 1000yard shots into him and only popped his shield once. I hid and switched to my Ghalli and then put another five rockets into him and 12 more shots from the 1000yard.
In between using these weapons I was pelting him in the head constantly with my 310 raid scout rifle.
He got away. I couldn't kill him in time to get gold.
His shield would pop only after the two Ghalli rockets and by the time I had reloaded my rocket launcher his shield was back.

In comparison just before that the Wolves were prowling the area and I took down the Archon Priest without using a heavy weapon. And he was surrounded by at least a dozen fallen enemies.

Competely broken!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
How are the Eliminate the Target public events not fixed yet???

Just had the one in the Rubicon Wastes.
I locked him up with my bow and then put 4 Sleeper Stimulant shots into him and 8 1000yard shots into him and only popped his shield once. I hid and switched to my Ghalli and then put another five rockets into him and 12 more shots from the 1000yard.
In between using these weapons I was pelting him in the head constantly with my 310 raid scout rifle.
He got away. I couldn't kill him in time to get gold.
His shield would pop only after the two Ghalli rockets and by the time I had reloaded my rocket launcher his shield was back.

In comparison just before that the Wolves were prowling the area and I took down the Archon Priest without using a heavy weapon. And he was surrounded by at least a dozen fallen enemies.

Competely broken!

Swords. Kills any target real quick.

Tower Thought: I wish we could use the dpad to go to the next/prev pages while in our vault.

Having to use the cursor and click the arrow is kinda lame.

Touch of Malice is mine finally :D

Regicide mission for the fragments is easy. you can get all of them there pretty quickly. clear the ads and it's all good.

I think if you clear all the adds it triggers next checkpoint. Then if you fall and die you spawn on the other side of the gate. Happened to me twice so I kept one guy alive on third attempt. If you can platform like champ then its a non-issue, but my guardian has boot soles covered in butter.

Top Bottom