• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

E92 M3

That's why I really don't like all of these exotic quests. The results are nothing special because everyone has them. It's like...ho-hum.

Lol I think everyone has everything too, but then we forget - since Bungie refuses to share statistics - the way we play Destiny is by no means indicative of the overall community.

LiK

Lol I think everyone has everything too, but then we forget - since Bungie refuses to share statistics - the way we play Destiny is by no means indicative of the overall community.

we're crazy compared to the rest of the player base.

Mupod

In my 37 years of gaming, I have never played a game more than I have Destiny, as I've now clocked in 620+ hours according to destinystatus.com. I know a ton of people have done more, but I consider myself VERY casual as a gamer. Hell, this doubles the amount of time I spent with WoW over the course of four years.

It's funny to me that I just realized that an 80-100 hour jaunt through Fallout 4 will only be a minor break in my Destiny playing time.

my Destiny playtime is hilariously inflated because I often just leave the game at the orbit screen while I do other things. The game takes 10,000 years to launch and almost as long to load into anything, if it didn't I would not have anywhere near as much 'playtime'.

It's like my 300 days /played in WoW - a very large amount of that was alt tabbed. The game was a chat room for me when I played it most heavily in 2004-2008, it got turned on as soon as I got home from work and did not get turned off until bed. Plus sitting out of raids in wait lists for DKP, afk in alterac valley etc.

Lnkn52

Zhalo Supercell is so beautiful. And at 310 no less.

Occupy Deku.

I get that. But the satisfaction of getting my first exotic sword last night (Bolt-Caster), without having to rely on RNG was incredibly satisfying. Even more so since all I had to do was pour a few motes into it to max it out. Made the hunt for warsats less soul destroying having a new toy to play around with. I'm one of the last ones here to get one exotic sword let alone all 3, but it's nice knowing it's up to me when I can get it.

I asked to share play, he has not accepted my request...

Kyne

seems like the exotics in year 2 are very situational. ToM was made for Daughters/Oryx.

One thing that is hiding in plain sight is that there are not enough armor exotics. Did we seriously come into year 2 with no legs and 1 chest piece for both the Titan and Hunter?

I have no idea why some of the stuff that's already ready is time-locked.

So far Chaperone is probably my favorite new weapon. I personally think it's severely underrated atm.

Baliis

That's why I really don't like all of these exotic quests. The results are nothing special because everyone has them. It's like...ho-hum.

They've always been ho hum. It's not like rolling a dice for your exotics was somehow more impressive.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Broken? Aren't they meant for groups?

Yeah of course it would be easier with groups. I'm not an idiot.
But if the light level that is suggested is 160 and I'm 306 I should be able to do more damage to the enemies than when I was level 20 and still hoping for my first legendary.

The Cabal in that area and the Captain that pops in the Rocketyard are both bonkers with shield regen and health.

D_psipher

jesus, lol. hit 40 on my warlock and went from 186 to 293 in 8 minutes

I did the same thing for my alts. I was using my hunter to farm engrams in the CoO and a lot of them came back in the mid to high 290's so I stored them in the vault and infused them into the armor for my alts. Friend where telling me to take a break. They said I was playing to much. When I told them what I did they where like whoa. They then did the same thing on their alts.

PuMa

They've always been ho hum. It's not like rolling a dice for your exotics was somehow more impressive.

True, it wasn't more impressive, but it was more exciting for me. The act of rolling the dice for a chance at getting something rare or super rare is a thrill. Some people hated that aspect though.

I like dice rolls and pack opening. If I can do one of those things, I'm in. Gimme some packs and some rare shit!

PuMa

Sleeper Simulant is brilliant for killing Taken Zealots. Can kill one in about 7 shots.

fiT8HCi3OtsGc.gif

GorillaJu

Having played some Crucible I decided I was just doing it wrong and made a Sunbro.

holy shit man

Golden gun is 3 shots, with no bonus armor during activation

sun bro is 5 throws (6 even?) with crazy bonus armor and the mods you can get to it with are super good. Plus they explode in AOE.

christ in heaven this can't stay long in this state :lol

Is it worth leveling up a faction using heavy ammo synthesis that I would buy using strange coins? I have 120 something strange coins so I was thinking I might as well.

Trying to get the Dead Orbit scout rifle.

GhaleonEB

Yeah of course it would be easier with groups. I'm not an idiot.
But if the light level that is suggested is 160 and I'm 306 I should be able to do more damage to the enemies than when I was level 20 and still hoping for my first legendary.

The Cabal in that area and the Captain that pops in the Rocketyard are both bonkers with shield regen and health.

The targets on Mars are really tough. I took one down yesterday by alternating sword and shotgun on him - full clip of shotgun up close to drop the shield, then about 20 sword slashes did it. Prior to the sword, I wouldn't bother if there was no one else around as I usually couldn't take them down solo.

EL CUCO

Is it worth leveling up a faction using heavy ammo synthesis that I would buy using strange coins? I have 120 something strange coins so I was thinking I might as well.

I dont think so, honestly. Just do your bounties and be patient. 120 coins isn't much tbh.

KodaRuss

YESSSSSSS FUCKING FINALLY!!!!

Wow that is sick. Might be the best bond out there.

Lot of hardwork this week in Destiny for me which should payoff today.

I should be getting my exotic warlock dead orbit bond finished tonight (three more heroic strikes) and the Sleeper Simulant should be waiting for me at the gunsmith.

Deku Tree

Yes if you have extra strange coins then it's worth it. Otherwise if you only have a few then you might want to save some in case Xur sells something that you want. 120 is OK. It only costs 33 strange coins to do one full Faction rank at DO.

In any case once you are DO Rank 3 then it's not worth it anymore and you should really buy the DO Scout rifle from the vendor. The perks on the vendor version really make it one of the best Scout Rifles out there right now...

k1t4j

I just infused a 310 zhalo into a Tlaloc, which is now 309.

Not..a...single...fucking...regret.

After the spindle nerf back to 290, I will have a 310 telesto and a 310 invective ready to pump it up.

If you have plenty of glimmer and ether seed consumables I'd suggest buying heavy synths from Variks in the reef instead.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I just infused a 310 zhalo into a Tlaloc, which is now 309.

I do not understand this.

Had a pretty good raid today overall. Only got 1 piece of raid gear, 308 chest, pretty nice. But I got a 310 Telesto from the chest, which I didn't have a Telesto yet so I was pumped, a 310 Monte Carlo from Oryx for some bizarre reason, and exotic gauntlet engram which turned into 310 ruin wings. I may have gotten a raid shotgun too but I can't remember because I have like 4 of those fuckin awful things.

Mindlog

Got my first Nightfall class reward!
310 Hereafter. I like Hereafter enough that I already had a 307 so it's infusion fodder, but still. Nice. This week's Crucible Nightfall was very easy.

Kyne

just a reminder, try and stock up on marks for next week, and also save all the weekly reset stuff for the end of the week.

IB items will cost marks and you need to be sure you have enough for w/e you don't get from just playing.

FeD.nL

Woah.. a Warlock bond that actually looks cool??

That is a pretty awesome arm band, congrats!

It's hideous. Congratulations

Wow that is sick. Might be the best bond out there.

Lot of hardwork this week in Destiny for me which should payoff today.

I should be getting my exotic warlock dead orbit bond finished tonight (three more heroic strikes) and the Sleeper Simulant should be waiting for me at the gunsmith.

Thanks all, when that engram dropped I was prepared for another legendary boots. But finally, no more Omnigul for me.

Oh yeah I got my crucible weekly done as well and scored a 310 Voidfang Vestments on my Hunter for some reason. Better than strange coins I guess.

My last daily one of my team mates who just joined in scored an Eyasluna in my face. Needless to say, I was mad as fuck.

zewone

Thanks all, when that engram dropped I was prepared for another legendary boots. But finally, no more Omnigul for me.

The pulse rifle is what I'm after. It will be a killer in PVP as it follows the timepiece and oversoul edict damage model.

Mupod

just a reminder, try and stock up on marks for next week, and also save all the weekly reset stuff for the end of the week.

IB items will cost marks and you need to be sure you have enough for w/e you don't get from just playing.

Ah, I forgot about that. I definitely will need some IB items but I don't know where I'm gonna get the marks. Especially since I was planning to buy a year 2 bad juju to use in IB.

Palmer_v1

Finally got all of the raid armor!

I also have the Kingslayer shell, MG, Shotgun, Pulse, Auto, and Scout.

I think that just leaves a RL and Fusion for raid loot?

Of course, some of these are LL300, so better versions are always possible.

Top Bottom