• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

phen0m24

Eww Tyre4770 shader get. At least I can finally start the FWC faction quest on my Warlock. I was lacking a shader for 29 ranks...
Already have the exotic New Monarchy butt towel and the Dead Orbit cloak.
Hey doctor Robinson you have studying to do

:p

What's up, man? Hope all is well in the "get cool letters in front of your name" department

Impulsor

Xur sucked today and I didn't even have a lot of coins to buy 3oC. But I got a primary legendary engram in an heroic strike.

It turned out to be a 310 Zhalo Supercell. Bad raid week andgeneral bad luck week redeemed. So happy.

Hey doctor Robinson you have studying to do

:p

What's up, man? Hope all is well in the "get cool letters in front of your name" department

Lol, what's up Colonel?
Allowed myself some playtime this evening, but I have a deadline for a first draft tomorrow.
A week in and already a deadline. All cool though, just have to get used to working after two months off, but those letters in front of my name will not get there by themselves :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
3/10 soliton flares.

Admittedly I seem to be having worse luck than average for this, and I'll spare you any further complaining from me about it, but this is absolutely, unquestionably the least fun I have had playing Destiny since launch. I'm using both Keen Scout and a Helium detection ghost. Any time I note a chest nearby or a Public Event starts I have to remind myself that even though it'd actually be more enjoyable to hit them, I'd actually be "wasting time" that could be wasted looping around for mode nodes.

It is inexplicably bad with no upside. It is exactly the kind of thing I would tell people in a heartbeat not to do if it was frustrating them the way it is me, except that in this particular case the reward is so strong and unique that I am compelled to force myself through it. Awful. At this rate I'll be at this for another 3 hours. :(

Deku Tree

3/10 soliton flares.

Admittedly I seem to be having worse luck than average for this, and I'll spare you any further complaining from me about it, but this is absolutely, unquestionably the least fun I have had playing Destiny since launch. I'm using both Keen Scout and a Helium detection ghost. Any time I note a chest nearby or a Public Event starts I have to remind myself that even though it'd actually be more enjoyable to hit them, I'd actually be "wasting time" that could be wasted looping around for mode nodes.

It is inexplicably bad with no upside. It is exactly the kind of thing I would tell people in a heartbeat not to do if it was frustrating them the way it is me, except that in this particular case the reward is so strong and unique that I am compelled to force myself through it. Awful. At this rate I'll be at this for another 3 hours. :(

Here is some very good advice on that from a few pages back (step 2 for you):

1.) yes, get your first quest to the farming part then transfer the other two legendary swords to that same character. Infuse them above 280 and max out their XP and you will get the other two exotic sword quests on that same character. Skips the steps for 25 PvP kills, 50 major kills and go kill the sword guy on Dreadnaught patrol.

2.) Go to orbit. Change your PSN date back one day in your settings. Load into patrol, it will now be your own instance so nobody else can join. Use the zone in/out exploit to continuously farm the same material nodes. I found two nodes near the Rocketyard entrance, grabbed them both then sparrow back to Divide then back to Rocketyard. Repeat as needed. Took 40 minutes to get all ten fancy spin metals.

You can find the same types of nodes between Archer's Line, Anchor of Light and/or Hellmouth zone edges. Same thing for places like Buried City or Scablands on Mars.

Sorry for the accidental DP!

Kyne

3/10 soliton flares.

Admittedly I seem to be having worse luck than average for this, and I'll spare you any further complaining from me about it, but this is absolutely, unquestionably the least fun I have had playing Destiny since launch. I'm using both Keen Scout and a Helium detection ghost. I've Any time I note a chest nearby or a Public Event starts I have to remind myself that even though it'd actually be more enjoyable to hit them, I'd actually be "wasting time" that could be wasted looping around for mode nodes.

Sounds like you'll need a break soon.

Why not take some time off and and relax tonight
with a raid
?

3/10 soliton flares.

Earth wasn't so bad as I just went in a quick loop around skywatch so was forever moving between spinmetal and was also waiting (and waiting and waiting) for the Warsat event but The Moon was beyond bad for me and took forever, I'm dreading starting Mars tomorrow

Bungie just posted a community focus

NO! Just no. Why would you separate the lore from the game! Its the fundamental flaw in this game since day 1. WHY!

Yeah! They should just make a real story that is in the game instead of tiny bits of text which make it easy for them to be lazy -_-

Deku Tree

Has this happened to anyone? I'm terrified of his engrams

I got a 310 Truth from an legendary Heavy engram that I got from a Vanguard Heroic strike... and I infused it into my solar legendary sword lol.

When I have nothing to spend marks on I'm gonna be buying that legendary heavy engram.

But I already have 310 Truth and Thunderlord, both from King's Fall [exotic chest + Oryx loot chest] :(

You could still use a duplicate for infusion purposes... Not easy to find 300+ heavies for infusion right now.

Mindlog

Longshot: Does anyone have Normal Gatekeeper?
Need that Glimmer.
Should I do patrol quests? What's their purpose?
They give you a little bit of rep. The VIP ones are typically the best to run, but you learn which ones are quick (Steppes, Divide, Mothyards) and which ones can become a chore (lots of Mars.)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yeah! They should just make a real story that is in the game instead of tiny bits of text which make it easy for them to be lazy -_-

Grimoire kiosk BOOM problem solved.

And get someone to read that shit as well, like an audio-book while you go around doing things.

Number45

Man I wish I could find a mark that gives me crucible rep. Sharded a few a while back not intending to touch crucible but since I've been playing a bit... not a single drop. >_<

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Silly as it may seem I am pretty averse to using exploits, even for something as mundane as this. I also think, as tedious as it is to run all over the place, it would bum me out even more to run back and forth to the same node 100 times. I do take the general point that I shouldn't complain if I'm not willing to make it easier on myself though. Just feels like I'm "doing it as intended" and that really sucks in this case.
Earth wasn't so bad as I just went in a quick loop around skywatch so was forever moving between spinmetal and was also waiting (and waiting and waiting) for the Warsat event but The Moon was beyond bad for me and took forever, I'm dreading starting Mars tomorrow
heh yeah Helium has always been the worst for me for some reason. I have no problem looping for relic iron in comparison

I just turned in 50 hadium flakes and worms pore and weapon parts to Eris and nothing happened after I got an antiquated rune from her... I guess just collect calcified fragments even though nothing tells me to?

EL CUCO

I got a 310 Truth from an legendary Heavy engram that I got from a Vanguard Heroic strike... and I infused it into my solar legendary sword lol.

When I have nothing to spend marks on I'm gonna be buying that legendary heavy engram.
I'm coming up on 150 marks now. Thinking about grabbing the Villiane (FWC pulse) but I know my Trials primary will probably be Red Death.

Maybe I'll just save them incase Trials/IB Gear is worth buying.

Deku Tree

A possibly good thing about the new Trials matching system is that if they are always matching zero win people with zero wins, and one win people with one win, then it's probably going to be easier to get to five or seven wins than it used to be...

I'm coming up on 150 marks now. Thinking about grabbing the Villiane (FWC pulse) but I know my Trials primary will probably be Red Death.

Maybe I'll just save them incase Trials/IB Gear is worth buying.

I don't think you buy Trials gear, I think it drops from match wins. Also I think you are supposed to get your IB gear as drops (although you can also buy some). I guess we will find out next week.

I just turned in 50 hadium flakes and worms pore and weapon parts to Eris and nothing happened after I got an antiquated rune from her... I guess just collect calcified fragments even though nothing tells me to?

Keep going with the fragments, when you hit 30 you'll get the undying mind strike. Fwiw I used dattos videos

hyp

Still trying to get this filled for a fresh King's Fall run tonight at 8pm CT (5 hours from this post)

All I ask is that you have a mic and be friendly/patient.

1. Chrnocide
2. shadyderp
3. NostalgiaUltraa
4. JohnofMars
5. Appletz

Alt1: HTVfanatic
Alt2:

Couple of newbies involved so I'd prefer someone sort of experienced for the last spot. Leave your PSN!

i'm in if you haven't filled the last spot yet. completed the entire raid once, light level 303. PSN: hypoetical

let me know!

Tovarisc

A possibly good thing about the new Trials matching system is that if they are always matching zero win people with zero wins, and one win people with one win, then it's probably going to be easier to get to five or seven wins than it used to be...

For me it's far more important that matchmaking prioritises connection quality over amount of wins. Having e.g. 8 wins and going against 8 wins team can get to territory of real fuckery if enemy team is red barring. At that point match is out of your hands and you will need metric ton of luck to do well against that team.

Always prioritise connection quality so everyone is green bar or yellow at worst!

Also on IB gear, as long I can purchase those new dope emblems I don't mind if rest of the loot is RNG drops from matches :b

Edit: Hi mom, I'm at top of the page!

Yo gaf, we need help with t3 coo. We already 3 but nobody is showing up. How can we get 2 groups together? I never tried this.

Best way to get an extra group is to wait for a random blueberry and get them to invite more people.

Tier 3 is easy this week if anyone has an exotic sword. 3 R2 attacks with the Raze-Lighter kills the wizard.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Grimoire kiosk BOOM problem solved.

And get someone to read that shit as well, like an audio-book while you go around doing things.

I don't think the problem is necessarily that the grimoire cards aren't in the game (although it is a monumentally stupid design decision. Just look at Bioware games, nobody minds a Codex). The problem is bigger than that. Bungie simply doesn't know how to weave that kind of narrative - and to be fair it's hard to do in an FPS game, but vanilla Destiny's story really was legendarily bad.

Bungie's great at writing lore and backstory, but not so good at actually telling a compelling story in-game. They got a whole hell of a lot better with TTK but it's really still just alright, it's just that "alright" is such a massive leap over what was in vanilla that it seems like the actual best thing ever.

Kyne

And we're set! Be ready guardians. A little less than 4 hours from now (8pm CT) we'll set off to the dreadnaught.

A reminder is that you have a mic and be friendly/patient.

1. Chrnocide
2. shadyderp
3. NostalgiaUltraa
4. JohnofMars
5. Appletz
6. hypoetical

Alt1: HTVfanatic

See you there. 8)

Tecnniqe

Banned
I don't think the problem is necessarily that the grimoire cards aren't in the game (although it is a monumentally stupid design decision. Just look at Bioware games, nobody minds a Codex). The problem is bigger than that. Bungie simply doesn't know how to weave that kind of narrative - and to be fair it's hard to do in an FPS game, but vanilla Destiny's story really was legendarily bad.

Bungie's great at writing lore and backstory, but not so good at actually telling a compelling story in-game. They got a whole hell of a lot better with TTK but it's really still just alright, it's just that "alright" is such a massive leap over what was in vanilla that it seems like the actual best thing ever.

Well just having a option IN the game is miles better than asking (mostly) console gamers to leave the console to read the lore (which is fucking great).

Thing is they've been doing a decently mediocre job at it already. Weaving weapons into the lore, areas, ships. Weapons that are weaved into previous guardians, who ventured out to the various areas. The story itself is different from the lore itself, but that doesn't mean the lore should be on some crappy website like those shitty prima guides from the 90's with their stupid 'Get the most out of this guide by visiting www.bullshit.com!'. Put the goddamn grimoire in the game-I'm not going to go to a website to read it. Only what, 1% of the community will go to the website. If you put it in the game, then on downtime there's an incentive to go in and read it through there.

Fucking Bungie.

Top Bottom