• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Klyka

Banned
Think he will tell us? Nope just like the mystery "chest" in VoG which the answer is no.

Luke is a good man,I doubt he would let people waste their time on something that doesn't work.
Now let them waste their time on something that doesn't exist? That's a different story :D

Ambitious

What's the consensus on the raid pulse rifle and rocket launcher? The former has basically the same stats as the Apple of Discord, but it reloads slower. Mine has the Danger Close perk. The RL looks decent. Mine has tracking.

Tecnniqe

Banned
What's the consensus on the raid pulse rifle and rocket launcher? The former has basically the same stats as the Apple of Discord, but it reloads slower. Mine has the Danger Close perk. The RL looks decent. Mine has tracking.

Its mostly up to personal preference. If you like one thing over the other go for it :)

CQZvCE1UcAEKRz5.png:large

Lookin' sharp!

bitsurugi

Our group just did an amazing 1h run of King's Fall, w/o wipes. Afterwards i realized i did the raid without dying, got a death count only when i joined at the start :)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Our group just did an amazing 1h run of King's Fall, w/o wipes. Afterwards i realized i did the raid without dying, got a death count only when i joined at the start :)

I think i only died once, due to me not looking at my ammo counter and getting blow up to bits by the orb.

Or was it 2 maybe? I think the last orb killed me also as i couldn't see shit, it was all so purple and an orb hit me in my head and kill me :D

Flawless is upon us!

Namikaze1

We are still looking for one more for a flawless run that will take place either next Saturday or as early as later on today. Current team consists of the following gaffers:

Drizzay
Unstable
Afro
Wicked
Myself

Unstable will be streaming of course.

Ambitious

Its mostly up to personal preference. If you like one thing over the other go for it :)

CQZvCE1UcAEKRz5.png:large

Lookin' sharp!

After having a closer look at the perks, I'm gonna infuse something with the raid PR. My Apple of Discord has Unflinching and Hand-Laid Stock (Increased Stability; almost maxed), so it's perfect for PvP.

edit: Wait a minute, I forgot that I have another AoD with Headseeker. Its other perks are mediocre, though.

Klyka

Banned
Can someone explain Headseeker to me?
It doesn't show up as a proc on the left and I never see headshots do more damage no matter how many bodyshots I do beforehand.

RexNovis

Banned
Can anyone help me kill these two taken back bosses on earth? I've gotten them to like 5% solo but can't seem to kill them in time in my own.

Tecnniqe

Banned
How do you gafvote?

Please tell me how to GAFVote. This is amazing (Shaxx voice).

Need blue headflame. Or maybe exotic color headflame.

Just any headflame really.

Luke, dismantle mines, yes?

Edit: Also interesting tweet from bungie.
People who don't actively fight in matchmade Strikes don't earn rewards at the end now. You have to play to win!

And yet it don't solve the problem.

Edit2: Call the buff "Little Light"

Frenden

Banned
I'm debating switching allegiance to Dead Orbit now that I have all the shaders, the ship, and the exotic cloak for New Monarchy.

I have a weird feeling that there's going to be higher tier rewards in future expansions that make me wish I was level 50 with one faction rather than hitting 25-ish with several, though.

Anyone want to do Vault of Glass on PS4 with a first timer in a bit? It's me and one friend so we're looking for three more. This'll be my first raid.

Anytime around or after 1pm EST.

I'm a 32 titan, friend is like a 28ish warlock.

Also down for later tonight or whatever. Or doing a different raid. It's raining so I'm not doing shit.

Such a bad night for raiding. First the complete failure and waste of time on oryx on my hunter. Now taking Titan through for the first time and get my first piece at Golgoroth, it's 300 lol. Sigh.

LTWood12

Major apologies for going MIA last night, as you know family life isn't always predictable haha. What time are you playing tonight? If there's a spot hopefully I could help out to make up for last night :-/

There's definitely a spot for you Drizzay. Don't worry about it! Things happen. Original six will pick it up at oryx tonight.

What puzzle?

People have unlocked a secret room in the Transept piston area after Golgi. There are some vents that boost you up to a statue where you can slam a relic and light up some runes. If you light all 6 then you get an Overcharge buff where you run faster for ~20 seconds. Nobody has figured out what else, if anything, you can do with the room. You lose the overcharge as soon as you leave the room so it seems self contained.

Check out any of the Destiny streamers now, like Giggle Monster. Everyone is messing w it now.

Ambitious

I would appreciate some advice on this matter:

I have a 307 Hung Jury, a 310 Raid Scout, a 296 Suros Regime and a 310 Suros Regime, and I'm not sure what to do with them.

The Raid Scout is worse than the Hung Jury in every regard, except for the Cocoon perk. So I planned to infuse my Hung Jury with it. However, the damage difference between 307 and 310 is miniscule, so I feel like I would kinda waste my scout rifle when I could greatly raise the light level of some other weapon.

As for the Suros Regimes: I don't really use it in PvE anymore, so again, I'm thinking about infusing some other weapon with the 310 Suros and keeping the 296 one for PvP.

What do you say?

You are gonna want that 310 euros for iron banner though no?

No, I don't play Iron Banner anymore. But I might consider it if the rewards are worth it.

People, please. This is so false it hurts. The HJ continues to be vastly overrated. Unless you are planning on running CE Abyss with your HJ, the raid scout is going to outperform it in every situation. Cocoon negates every single advantage other than stability, and having the most stable scout rifle is a waste. It is an advantage on paper only.

I can't decide. You know what, before I do something stupid, I'm just gonna put all of them into my vault. I'll wait for the release of the heroic raid. Let's see how important Cocoon will be. And by the time it's out, I will probably have many 310 dupes to infuse my stuff with.

Atkison04

Anyone down to run kings fall at 12:45 est time? Ps4 the7thAssassin if anyone wants in. Only looking for 2 as I already have 4 wanting to do it. One is a fellow gaffer and his squad have run the raid before, not sure if they finished though. I'm a kings fall virgin. Lvl 298 hunter. Anyone welcome.

You should do flawless w us then. Shouldn't be too tough except for nerves on the piston jumps.

There's definitely a spot for you Drizzay. Don't worry about it! Things happen. Original six will pick it up at oryx tonight.

How'd the raid go last night? Were Stabie and/or Colonel able to tag along?

edgefusion

Anyone care to help me summon some Taken champions on Earth and Mars? Need to do these to get the 'story' quests rolling again but nobody is ever around to make these guys spawn.

Kill Taken Champions:
Irxori
Stirok

Taken Assault: Mars
Taken Champions 0/2
Battle Wreckage 0/1

My PSN username is the same as my GAF name, thanks!

Luis_23

Anyone care to help me summon some Taken champions on Earth and Mars? Need to do these to get the 'story' quests rolling again but nobody is ever around to make these guys spawn.

Kill Taken Champions:
Irxori
Stirok

Taken Assault: Mars
Taken Champions 0/2
Battle Wreckage 0/1

My PSN username is the same as my GAF name, thanks!
I'll join. PSN Felyx, give me about 10 minutes.

Kal_El

Ok i've ask this before but don't remember a response. When doing one of the quest my ghost alerted me to scan a stone statue. He talked about a Hive God Norkis. Has there been any story, grimoire mention of him other than this?

Reading up more again and it's all in the book of sorrows. The hive are an interesting bunch. I can't wait for Vex backstory but I really enjoy the Hive.

Tovarisc

Can I have 2 sword quests as active at same time on single character? I have Void and Solar blades on my alts and thought about moving them to my main who already has done Arc blade questline.

I'm awake. What did I miss?

Did someone find the correct sequence?

If you go to the thread on reddit apparently its a sequence that if you add one number to the next it adds up to 777. Like 165243. It requires further testing because it may not always work.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Can I have 2 sword quests as active at same time on single character? I have Void and Solar blades on my alts and thought about moving them to my main who already has done Arc blade questline.

I've had all three on my main.

Let's go flying. Notice Ghaleon is stuck up there.

fghtgh.gif

Top Bottom