• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The first post in that thread is pretty hot.
attachment.php

FoxSpirit

There needs to be a list of all the parodies that people have made of this song. The beat isn't even that good, I don't understand why this keeps happening.
Yeah, I started listening and turned off, it's such aterrible song.

And everyone likes Ahri.... don't you trust me?

garath

Got Ahri?

Yeah. One of my favorite mids. I love high mobility champions.

Hecarim is one of the least scary junglers in the game. Once he goes in he's really just stuck there without much mobility or lockdown. His base stats are decent but he isn't really getting a lot out of building tanky. If he does build tanky, he won't have any damage. Instead he's stuck awkwardly trying to build damage and high effective health at the same time.

In a teamfight I can build super tanky as Sejuani and still do way more damage at most stages of the game than a Hecarim, and it only gets higher the bigger the teamfight gets.

I hate playing against Sejuani lol. She's underrated with her CC and tankiness. A good Hecarim only gives me fits because I generally play mid and he comes from behind me in my jungle (where I'm usually not warding) at full speed and pops his ult to fear me right into the opposing burst caster. If I somehow make it out alive, he can just dive me again from behind. That movement speed gives him a lot of presence all over the place. If I saw him more I'd get used to it but I don't see him often at all.

Vlad was a stellar purchase. Won 3 games in a row last night and played very well. Laned well against Annie, Fiora and even a Sona/Trist duo lane (the duo lane was tougher but the Trist wasn't very good and kept over extending). Vlad is such a lane bully. I love it.

Dodges, dodges everywhere.

Spend a minute picking a champ to synergize with my team, and then someone dodges during the countdown. It was for the best: dual supports, too much AP/AD/melee, multiple mid champs.

What do you recommend as starting items on support Leona? I don't find her particularly mana-hungry so the Faerie Charm isn't that useful, yet the Regrowth Pendant is too expensive if I want to get wards. Boots, maybe?

bjaelke

What do you recommend as starting items on support Leona? I don't find her particularly mana-hungry so the Faerie Charm isn't that useful, yet the Regrowth Pendant is too expensive if I want to get wards. Boots, maybe?

I'd still go Faerie Charm unless you're planning on an invade. You don't have any sustain so you'll need potions and the obligatory wards. That leaves very little gold left for starting items.

IsayFever

Boots, 2 wards, ward enemy side of river, ward 2nd bush for easy zenith/shield stun combos.

I'd still go Faerie Charm unless you're planning on an invade. You don't have any sustain so you'll need potions and the obligatory wards. That leaves very little gold left for starting items.

Leona lane is typically more aggressive than other lanes, otherwise what's the point of picking Leona. She needs the early mobility to lock up the enemy carry. Armour runes / masteries should be enough to shirk major damage early on, and it's easy enough to pick up a regrowth + pot + ward after ~5 mins in lane. Passive gp/10 with runes now is enough to support doing this

I could never do well as an AD carry, particularly Vayne. :/ I USUALLY get a bit fed early on but I fall off sometime later. I always end up having to debate between farming and team fights. I often get left alone to farm safely on my farm but I feel bad when there's a 4v5 team fight going on WAY too far from me. Last two Vayne games, I lead with like 8-2-2 by 20 mins, but 20 mins after that I got 12-10-15.

I usually just play Vayne. I just couldn't get to a point where I feel Kog hurts unless I'm playing poke Kog. Cait falls off too hard when the match drags and Ashe is down to Q and R for late game. They're just not like Vayne where every skill is zomg amazing for team fights.

bjaelke

Leona lane is typically more aggressive than other lanes, otherwise what's the point of picking Leona. She needs the early mobility to lock up the enemy carry. Armour runes / masteries should be enough to shirk major damage early on, and it's easy enough to pick up a regrowth + pot + ward after ~5 mins in lane. Passive gp/10 with runes now is enough to support doing this

I've been using this guide with great success: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=20638

I don't see the need for boots. You're in the brush 95% of the time and should be able to close the gap with Zenith Blade.

garath

I could never do well as an AD carry, particularly Vayne. :/ I USUALLY get a bit fed early on but I fall off sometime later. I always end up having to debate between farming and team fights. I often get left alone to farm safely on my farm but I feel bad when there's a 4v5 team fight going on WAY too far from me. Last two Vayne games, I lead with like 8-2-2 by 20 mins, but 20 mins after that I got 12-10-15.

I usually just play Vayne. I just couldn't get to a point where I feel Kog hurts unless I'm playing poke Kog. Cait falls off too hard when the match drags and Ashe is down to Q and R for late game. They're just not like Vayne where every skill is zomg amazing for team fights.

Vayne is one of the hardest carries in the game. She is strongly dependent on positioning during team fights and is very very squishy. Going from 8-2 to 12-10 says you are too much in the thick of it. Stay behind your teammates and roll out of range or sideways to stay behind tanks and avoid getting focused down. The ult helps with that a lot.

You should pick up graves if you like AD carry. He's tanky and is a lot easier to play than Vayne.

Ark

All of my match history is full of Graves games except for one Irelia troll game (we all went bruisers to piss off some guy that instalocked Darius top) and all of them except for three are losses.

The sad thing is, in all of those losses I was the best player there but my team was so bad that it was impossible to carry against an enemy team just as fed as me. I really do hate this game most of the time, I don't know why I keep playing it.

IsayFever

I've been using this guide with great success: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=20638

I don't see the need for boots. You're in the brush 95% of the time and should be able to close the gap with Zenith Blade.

suppose it depends on the player really. I prefer the more over aggressive bully style that just flat denies their carry as opposed to the patience game. But I really only play Leona with a Corki or Graves anyway which supports dashing in and dealing damage no matter where they are positioned in lane

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
All of my match history is full of Graves games except for one Irelia troll game (we all went bruisers to piss off some guy that instalocked Darius top) and all of them except for three are losses.

The sad thing is, in all of those losses I was the best player there but my team was so bad that it was impossible to carry against an enemy team just as fed as me. I really do hate this game most of the time, I don't know why I keep playing it.
Play to get better, not to win. Even if you think you are carrying hard there are a billion ways you could improve your game and potentially enable your team to win more often.

scy

Server's down. Before that whole stealth patch mess up on the weekend, Riot was on a pretty good streak in terms of server performance.

I apparently brought some bad luck to LoL server uptime when I started playing this after Diablo 3. I apologize to everyone.

zkylon

zkylewd
Do what BadGaf does; play your best champs and ignore team composition.

Vladimir seems like a good pick for top with some of the other champs with AoE ults like Galio, Karthus' Defile, and what not. Guy #3 has Alistar and Janna so he has the most options for support. Guy #2 has Amumu and Shyv, both pretty decent junglers.
Thanks. The Galio+Amumu (Galio+Malphite as well) combo worked pretty well the times we used it to just grab a few guys and destroy them in a second.

Tell guy 1 to learn how to play more things or else you'll have to build teams around him every time.
Start to learn positions rather than champions
Yeah, he can also play Taric and probably he'll pick up Zilean but for now just those two. And you're probably onto something with positioning, I usually have problems with that when not playing Lux. I kinda wish your character was highlighted in some way, sometimes teamfights are a mess and I really lose my character in the whole mess. I know it's not exactly what you mean, but there's so many problems in this team lol...

Ark

Play to get better, not to win. Even if you think you are carrying hard there are a billion ways you could improve your game and potentially enable your team to win more often.

I do, and always have done. I can deal with losing, but that doesn't stop the frustration when you get getting matched up with idiot teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom