• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us goods from the ENTIRE YEAR!)

JEKKI

emusic pickups for the month... fuck yeah!! New Reef the Lost Cauze!!

mlsdhj.gif

the first of my black friday pickups... a pair of Diesel Vikers. they're straight legged and fit pretty damn good.

308xxnd.jpg

rkzf2p.jpg

and my cousin gave me a Blanka stamp!!

302xj42.jpg

3523f6c.jpg

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Auron_Kale said:
...And my Uggs (just wanted a pair for winter - style is the Ultra Short if case anyone was wondering):

Are there Uggs for men? I always thought it was a brand for girls.

Got my Black Friday deals in the mail today. Mostly Amazon purchases, but they came in a bunch of little packages because I ordered them in individual orders as they price dropped. Thank god I had Amazon Prime.
iwpus3.jpg

106ad1g.jpg

SnowWolf said:
Are there Uggs for men? I always thought it was a brand for girls.

The pair I bought were for men. They have all the different style on their website. They're really popular with guys here in CA as I had a really hard time finding the style I wanted and my size.

Vorador

Banned
Some stuff i bought between last month and today

Oldies

nzj9e9.jpg

Resistance 2 CE (here in europe we didn't got anything outside the regular game, so i imported the American CE)
wvefes.jpg

And various ps3 titles

4k77o2.jpg

And i still lack some stuff i bought, but i didn't took any pic like my brand new xbox 360 and a bunch of games.

TommyT

Yearly post coming eventually... here's what I've gotten recently:

*Also, can anyone recommend me a good headset (usb) or bluetooth ear-thingy?

edit: Valkyria Chronicles coming soon!!!:D :D

MGS4 Bundle bought from a fellow gaffer (sealed!!!!!)
All games were bought from game flipping credit. I will be trying Resistance 1 to see if I might like the sequel. Fallout 3 might be traded in for the 360 version for the DLC.. don't know yet.
100_0403-1.jpg

Bought these even before I got the PS3 in. I just need a good TV to connect them to now...
100_0406.jpg

Buy.com bundle for around $50. I needed a new subscription and headset. Who knows, PGR4 might be fun too :D .
100_0396-1.jpg

Bad picture... Again, games bought with GS credit from flipping.
100_0402.jpg

My phone finally died, so I picked this up. $50 after MIR
100_0405.jpg

TommyT

Auron_Kale said:
The pair I bought were for men. They have all the different style on their website. They're really popular with guys here in CA as I had a really hard time finding the style I wanted and my size.

Really? I've only seen girls wearing them around here. Though I will admit the little slipper ones would be nice for house slippers!

TommyT said:
Really? I've only seen girls wearing them around here. Though I will admit the little slipper ones would be nice for house slippers!

Hmm, I've seen lots of guys wearing them around wintertime here in the Bay Area, though yeah, mostly girls/little kids wear them. I've seen the men's slippers in Costco of all places (Danville, CA) and thought about getting them while I was there on Black Friday.

mr stroke

TommyT said:
My phone finally died, so I picked this up. $50 after MIR
100_0405.jpg

your thoughts on this phone? My sprint is offering me a new one with a contract renewal for 50$ as well, but I can't decide if its worth the money.(and is it bulky in your pocket?)

TommyT

mr stroke said:
your thoughts on this phone? My sprint is offering me a new one with a contract renewal for 50$ as well, but I can't decide if its worth the money.(and is it bulky in your pocket?)

I've just had it for a few days so take this with me not being very used to it or knowing all the features well...

But yeah, it's $50 after the MIR, comes with a 256 micro SD card (with a full size SD card for it to fit into), cables, and an extra back plate which is 'fancy' with little squiggles all over :lol .

The number pad buttons are very small, and while they can be used for txting I would NOT recommend using them (the # key doesn't gives you a space at all times which really annoys me because my old one just sped up the typing by moving you to the next letter)). Typing on the slide out is easy and once used to everything works very well.

Bulky in your pocket... somewhat. I'm personally going with a case that goes on a belt. Before I had the auto-lock (press * then back to unlock the keypad) it would randomly press buttons in my jeans pocket. Sliding the phone breaks the unlock, and the unlock can sometimes just be left undone when putting it back into your pocket.

I think it has 20 someodd extra features that you can quickly accessed. If you have any other specific feature questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Basically, for a $50 phone, it does what I need it to do: call and text. And my old one was crapped out.

kuYuri

Amazon Black Friday stuff

DSC06048.jpg

Yeah, I'm broke and couldn't get much. :(

DSC06046.jpg

Finally finished off FMA collection, only $6 each FMA DVD. Plus cheap Hellsing Ultimate Vol. 3 LE and Yu Yu Hakusho season 1 for cheap. RightStuf ftw!

a1m

Banned
Only 3 pages..? What the hell, I thought people would go bazooookaazzz.

Anyway, too lazy to post entire years purchases so for now, just my dec pick-ups.

elemzz9.jpg

elem2xw1.jpg

Klonoa: Door To Phantomile
X-COM: ENEMY UNKNOWN
WARHAWK
Elemental Gearbolt
...and Suikoden but it's not in the photo.

More to come, yes.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Auron_Kale said:
Hmm, I've seen lots of guys wearing them around wintertime here in the Bay Area, though yeah, mostly girls/little kids wear them. I've seen the men's slippers in Costco of all places (Danville, CA) and thought about getting them while I was there on Black Friday.

Maybe those guys are gay?

I'm just saying, I've never ever seen a guy wearing Uggs. (Los Angeles area) That's why I always thought it was a girl's brand.

Ledsen

SnowWolf said:

I'm just saying, I've never ever seen a guy wearing Uggs. (Los Angeles area) That's why I always thought it was a girl's brand.

Your stupid comment about gays aside, who cares what "gender" a brand is? I know lots of guys who use girls clothing, stuff like shoes, sweaters etc, simply because it looks really good and they don't care that the stuff is originally meant for girls. Those boots look very neutral, so even if it was a girls brand I see no reason why men couldn't use them.

TommyT

Ledsen said:
Your stupid comment about gays aside, who cares what "gender" a brand is? I know lots of guys who use girls clothing, stuff like shoes, sweaters etc, simply because it looks really good and they don't care that the stuff is originally meant for girls. Those boots look very neutral, so even if it was a girls brand I see no reason why men couldn't use them.

I have a feeling it was meant to be a sincere comment. Maybe they were genuinely gay, and in the attempt to dress more feminine they wore Uggs. I doubt it was meant to be "lulz the only way a guy wears them if they're gay hur hur" type of comment.

As mentioned before, I've only seen girls wearing them (I live in a college town after all), but the little house-slipper looking ones seem damn comfortable and I wouldn't turn them down as comfy house shoes :lol

TommyT said:
I have a feeling it was meant to be a sincere comment. Maybe they were genuinely gay, and in the attempt to dress more feminine they wore Uggs. I doubt it was meant to be "lulz the only way a guy wears them if they're gay hur hur" type of comment.

As mentioned before, I've only seen girls wearing them (I live in a college town after all), but the little house-slipper looking ones seem damn comfortable and I wouldn't turn them down as comfy house shoes :lol

I've never seen a man wear Uggs in Seattle, I assumed it was a women's only shoe line. The original poster's photo totally caught me off guard for some reason.

Barrett2

a1m said:
Only 3 pages..? What the hell, I thought people would go bazooookaazzz.

Not everyone has received their Black Friday online orders yet. Once mine all arrive, I will be all up in this bitch!

Ordered in November -- Arrived in December Pickups -- Well mostly

IMG_3650.jpg

PS2/PS3/GC/Wii Pickups

IMG_3657.jpg

Xbox 360/DS Pickups

IMG_3658.jpg

DVD Pickups

Funny story about the Venture Bros. Originally was meant to be a gift for someone else, but they snagged it, so I held on to it for myself as I have been a long time fan. Little did I know, but my cousin actually did story boards for some of the episodes. Was kinda cool to see that.

marwan

Banned

N95 is the best!

how did you get a large Gmail icon? my Gmail icons is tiny! i know it's a java application, and everyone is complaining about the tiny icon, but i dunno how you managed to get a large one! o_O

SnowWolf said:

I know a few guys who have them, and I currently live in Pennsylvania. Obviously it's not very common, but guys do wear them.

distantmantra said:
I've never seen a man wear Uggs in Seattle, I assumed it was a women's only shoe line. The original poster's photo totally caught me off guard for some reason.

Whoa, relax all. I just bought the boots because I wanted to see what the fuss was all about.

They're just pretty much suede, sheepskin-lined fuzzy boots with a rubber sole that I wanted for the winter because I was tired of my socks getting soaked through wearing my Onitsuka Tigers or my New Balances when it rains. The boots aren't anything special, but they're comfortable and warm.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
2rxd4bp.jpg

Gamestop tried to screw me again. First they said they did NOT have any PS3 PoP LEs and that it was only for the xbox 360 version, so I pulled out my iPhone and showed them the GAF thread, then they said they only have 4 LEs left and they were accounted for. So they called another gamestop that is totally out of my way and they had an extra one, so I ended up wasting 2 freaking hours just to get PoP LE. Gamestop is the worst place to preorder games.

cresto

freshair said:
Cell phone pic :(
fxt0mt.jpg

don't want to open anything before finishing finals. can't have any temptationsssss :D
nice you picked up sunshine on blu-ray!!! that movie is fucking awesome. crazy sci-fi with some random elements thrown in = coool.

Yes Boss!

ergo said:
nice you picked up sunshine on blu-ray!!! that movie is fucking awesome. crazy sci-fi with some random elements thrown in = coool.

Agree! I've seen about 5000 movies and that one really impressed me, which is tough to do these days. A real surprise.

Kadey said:
Those boots are very nice Auron. It's more popular overseas thus the ignorant.

Thanks Kadey! Had no idea I'd cause such stir with a pair of boots :lol but it's all okay with me.

Anyways, here's the pick-up for Wednesday:
IMG_0224.jpg

I already redeemed my GameStop code so I have both Sands of Time skins for the Prince and Elika.

JEKKI

n8NMONSTER said:
First quick picks for December:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3292/3081922580_a4d6bdb77a_b.jpg[img]

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, and Jingle All The Way.[/QUOTE]nasty n8~!

Top Bottom