• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
kgeXj5r.jpg
Relatively light month for me since just these two can keep me busy for months. Plus there's the August onslaught so I have to save some money.

Yes Boss!

I'm so jealous. I love Koyaanisqatsi, but I haven't seen the other two films in the trilogy, and thus can't justify buying the Criterion trilogy set. I'm sure the films look (and sound!) incredible on Blu-Ray though.

Well, even without discount the set usually only clocks in at about $65. Honestly, does anybody actually not think that Koya alone is not worth $65?! The box is mostly for Koya...that is clear enough. And a true coup for Criterion to grab the rights from MGM. Personally, I find Powa and Anima Mundi just as important. I've seen most of these projected in concert over the years (with the orchestra behind the screen). I've actually not seen Naqoyqatsi till a few days ago even though I've listened to the OST for a decade (and consider it a top Glass score from the last decade). It is a fitting final movie, though.

katkombat

Banned
Poor NieR must have been waiting for you forever. :(
I know, haha. Look at the fade! That's the store I frequent of the Gamestops I go to (a lot). First time I've seen it there...
gbVCBgf.jpg

Finally picked it up. Love that ANZ Edition slip cover (sadly... look at all dat sticky residue I couldn't get off :()

That is awesome. Seriously, could I get a poster of this somewhere?

lordimmortal

Neo Member
Went to Melbourne for PaxAus over the weekend and as if there was not enough merch at the show to buy we went to the comic shops around town and found some other goodies too.

Pax booklet & my signed faceplate by E

Me & E from Xbox :)

lvlzero

Banned
Today was awesome, headed to a store 11 miles out, on my trusty bmx in the rain.

Stopped by an old convenience store in Minami-rinkan for some epic 10y (10 cents) per credit metal slug.

zYtyDlY.jpg

Got to the store, saw these two,

BKeebGC.jpg

Twin Famicom, complete for 4000y / $40

1UPqSAu.jpg

Sony HitBit HB-101 MSX, 2000y / $20

Bought the following.

lKnS5pz.jpg

Saturn love, Deadalus, Langrisser IV, SF Zero, SF Zero 2, Feda Remake, Nights, Nights Christmas

WHGSkoR.jpg

PSX love, Air Combat, Ace Combat 2, Ace Combat 3, Vib Ribbon, Granstream Saga, Hoshigami

And then this gem,

9rHY9EP.jpg

Mother for NES, for ONE FREAKING DOLLAR.

Then Karma tried to claw some of my luck back by giving me a puncture 6 miles from home...

pVkJs5P.jpg

but I had anticipated such an outcome and armed with my very last tube patch was able to repair it and get back in time for a frosty cold beer!

Picked it up at the Tintin/Herge museum a couple years back. About 200 euro.

This is the one that is big...like a foot tall and very heavy.

I have to go to Herge museum one day! BTW, is the rocket's brand Moulinsart by any chance? Just found several Tintin models, and a big Destination Moon rocket, with that brand in Amazon.

Yes Boss!

I have to go to Herge museum one day! BTW, is the rocket's brand Moulinsart by any chance? Just found several Tintin models, and a big Destination Moon rocket, with that brand in Amazon.

Indeed, it is Moulinsart. All the resin rockets come in different sizes...the smallest one at about 50 euro (which is pretty tiny!) Then it starts increasing in size all the way up to 2000+ euro. This one was a great bang-for-the-buck size-wise for about 200.

Ms. Pac-Man is all cleaned up and running 100%.

• Replaced the marquee florescent blub and starter.
  • Took a Magic Eraser lightly to the cab (especially the control panel overlay).
  • Removed and cleaned the bezel glass, cleaned the tube.
  • Turned off free play so attract mode plays
  • ordered new Player1/2 buttons (should arrive tomorrow)

It was already in nice shape. Was home/family owned for the last 15 years. Makes a huge difference as it will get much less use. Everything is original: paint, control panel overlay, marquee, etc. No Namco bullshit on it.

Next is to pick up a Neo Geo again. Might hold out for another candy cab.

Coconut

Banned
I think my next 'big' purchase is going to be a WiiU or a Vita. I was thinking a refurbished one from GameStop, but don't WiiUs like link themselves to a specific Nintendo account or something. If anyone could shed some light on this for me that'd be awesome or talk me out of either purchase would be useful as well.

dc89

My first pickup post in a while so bear with me. Also posting some stuff I got a few months back that I didn't get round to posting.

3Ike6yMl.jpg

32GB USB3, brilliant for moving stuff between computers

y5XcaQ8l.jpg

Found this reduced, lovely book

IjZd4Rll.jpg

WiiU Basic - got a 500GB HDD connected

H4USxLml.jpg

It's a great looking console

KuZICMnl.jpg

Got some nice stuff from the e-Shop. Little Inferno, The Cave, F-Zero, Super Mario World and Earthbound... at last

tyP2FoDl.jpg

Mario in HD is brilliant

xjnM9Bll.jpg

I'm still to actually start this

x4ktozal.jpg

It was priced incorrectly, got it for £15

mpO3PXhl.jpg

My game of the generation

lWMHPqNl.jpg

I heard good things and thought why not

LaWnxzxl.jpg

Should come with a health warning

7qIgSMEl.jpg

I got this so I could grab the free game from the e-Shop, plus I heard great things about it

CAziAmOl.jpg

Donkey Kong from the e-Shop for free

Qh4guLAl.jpg

Found this heavily reduced, sealed in box. I think it's the best looking 3DS

D-e-f-

Banned
LaWnxzxl.jpg

Should come with a health warning

7qIgSMEl.jpg

I got this so I could grab the free game from the e-Shop, plus I heard great things about it

CAziAmOl.jpg

Donkey Kong from the e-Shop for free

You should've gotten New Leaf as an eShop download and DK retail. Animal Crossing is the prefect game to always have on your 3DS.

Zoolader

I was on a Nintendo spree this month and upgraded my pc too. Missing from the picture is a 120gb Samsung SSD and 8gb of PNY low profile memory I bought on sale.

What is awesome is I believe I got Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Super Mario 3D land for free. I originally ordered them a few weeks back on Amazon and refused the delivery because they were a week late with Prime 2-day shipping. The purchase amount for those two games was already credited back to my bank account almost 2 weeks ago. Well today I got a delivery from Amazon for both those games, and I checked my bank account online and they didn't recharge me.... I'm so excited!
ibf5mTIPojumow.jpg

Ironmask

Is this on sale at all gamestops? Can't find it on gamestop.com.
I need a fightstick for Mortal Kombat(PC)

the clerk told me that it was a nice choice since it was originally "49.90€". i think that was the inferior fightstick retail price, so maybe they swapped the pricetags but the receipt specifically call it Tournament edition Round 2....

Lots of Stuff from Comic Con:

1004898_10101821269009164_2057481280_n.jpg

Street Fighter x Sanrio Plush

999532_10101821280516104_392836983_n.jpg

Shin Akuma

1003158_10101821283550024_1404082788_n.jpg

Mecha Zangief

1001207_10101821288664774_1089802828_n.jpg

Harvest Moon Panda and Cow

1002160_10101821332691544_1385596098_n.jpg

Harley Quinn Limited Edition

943629_10101821332751424_1146567066_n.jpg

Jaina Solo

1011477_10101821332866194_773161148_n.jpg

Mega Man 25th Anniv Statue

1003011_10101821332921084_722386647_n.jpg

Bass and Treble

999371_10101821332970984_888640002_n.jpg

Aquaman

970997_10101821333030864_1741130893_n.jpg

Ni No Kuni

995736_10101821333075774_1245334523_n.jpg

Madoka Magica, Air Gear, Girls Bravo, Applessed XIII

Artorias

Banned
Finally finished some stuff I needed to frame from Disneyland, but I'm still looking for a frame for one print, and figuring out where to hang another. Got a few games and movies as well, and some stuff from that Uniqlo sale.

BOTEC

Today was awesome, headed to a store 11 miles out, on my trusty bmx in the rain.

Stopped by an old convenience store in Minami-rinkan for some epic 10y (10 cents) per credit metal slug.

http://i.imgur.com/zYtyDlY.jpg[IMG]

Got to the store, saw these two,

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BKeebGC.jpg[IMG]
Twin Famicom, complete for 4000y / $40

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1UPqSAu.jpg[IMG]
Sony HitBit HB-101 MSX, 2000y / $20

Bought the following.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lKnS5pz.jpg
Saturn love, Deadalus, Langrisser IV, SF Zero, SF Zero 2, Feda Remake, Nights, Nights Christmas

http://i.imgur.com/WHGSkoR.jpg[IMG]
PSX love, Air Combat, Ace Combat 2, Ace Combat 3, Vib Ribbon, Granstream Saga, Hoshigami

And then this gem,

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9rHY9EP.jpg[IMG]
Mother for NES, for ONE FREAKING DOLLAR.

Then Karma tried to claw some of my luck back by giving me a puncture 6 miles from home...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pVkJs5P.jpg[IMG]

but I had anticipated such an outcome and armed with my very last tube patch was able to repair it and get back in time for a frosty cold beer![/QUOTE]

Feda Remake! is great One of my most prized Satun games.

[quote="Zoolader, post: 72414486"]I was on a Nintendo spree this month and upgraded my pc too. Missing from the picture is a 120gb Samsung SSD and 8gb of PNY low profile memory I bought on sale.

What is awesome is I believe I got Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Super Mario 3D land for free. I originally ordered them a few weeks back on Amazon and refused the delivery because they were a week late with Prime 2-day shipping. The purchase amount for those two games was already credited back to my bank account almost 2 weeks ago. Well today I got a delivery from Amazon for both those games, and I checked my bank account online and they didn't recharge me.... I'm so excited!
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibf5mTIPojumow.jpg

Sweet bolt cutters, man.

dc89

You should've gotten New Leaf as an eShop download and DK retail. Animal Crossing is the prefect game to always have on your 3DS.

Yeah, my brother has it digitally and I do see the appeal. But I'm a sucker for physical stuff at the same time. :/

D-e-f-

Banned
Is the normal case with or without the German rating?

With, sadly. As is always the case, it seems, with these multi-region special editions for Nintendo platforms :( (can't even hide from stupid USK logos if I want a special edition and import it from the UK ...grrr!)

jbug617

Banned
Repost from Anime thread

Yumeria is used and I got it for cheap
CK BC was $.99
Hanasaku and Black Lagoon OVA were Right Stuf preorders
Dragonball is from Amazon Gold Deal
Kenichi and Fruit Baskets is from Amazon Sale.

Not pictured:

Project X Zone
Shin Megami Tensei 4

Top Bottom