• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Zajora

iMHR3cZK5xuxf.png

iEUjIDOnbDpGe.png
i4JsYl5m5tNqc.png

..but appearances can be deceiving, because this isn't actually a Japanese 3DS, it's North American! :)

My story begins at Futureshop, where I bought a pink 3DS XL. After that, I saw a better deal on Kijiji (with a bunch of games, another Club Nintendo 3DS Case and another pouch to boot) so I bought that, too. I then imported a white Japanese 3DS XL from Play-Asia. Those, combined with my older aqua blue 3DS, that brings my total to 4.

i0paKTlF6Iehl.png
ibutnbC13cV1HS.png

I then started the process of taking apart the white and one of the pinks in order to switch their guts. Here's a picture of the middle of the pink's disassembly:

ivNHzzXFN4oRZ.png

(My desk isn't normally so messy. Also, that was a clean sock!)

The system transfers are all done, so all that's left now is to return the first pink one to the store, to sell my old Aqua blue one on Kijiji and see if I can find someone to buy a pink Japanese 3DS XL with a North American back. I've also got to decide what to do with the boxes. I generally like to keep the boxes for my handhelds, but in this case my choices are either to keep the Japanese box and manuals (though I can't read Japanese and the charger obviously won't fit in the box) or to keep the White 3DS XL in the pink box and sell the pink one in a white box. Decisions decisions!

ieGZEKLhAWH1I.png

They really need to get some decent LE XL's, or even just different colors over in NA. I'm still using my purple 3DS because of the baffling lack of XL options. The blue is kind of nice in person, but I was really holding out for a Luigi's Mansion XL, which obviously never happened.

Bit off topic I suppose. Anyway, the white looks fantastic.

Carnby

Networking pick-ups. Advancing my career. Will start studying in September this year.

jdqIj2d.jpg

I hope those are third edition. Cisco is revamping the test in September.

I'm studying for CCNA too. Good luck!

There's a few ways you can.

1. Start with the Cisco Sales Essentials 6.0. It will introduce you to the world of Cisco and how to sell networking.

2. Pick up the books as I did and self-study. CCENT is the entry level networking certification.

3. Study and pass the CCNA and then branch off to either voice, wireless, security, cloud.

OR

Take a CCENT/CCNA business college course. They give hands on Lab times as well as instructor led classes.

Be warned though, you need to have some tech background in order to understand the books/classes.

You forgot the most important part. Live and breath CCNA for a few months before considering taking the exam. You've got to be fully committed. I'm talking spending 2 hours a day, every day, studying. You need to know every detail to pass the test. 825 out of 1000 is passing.

kierwynn

Pick ups for the month so far! Please excuse my crappy phone pics.

Games (plus more psn+ time):
SJ2hYO8.png

Started Style Savvy yesterday and I love it so far! I've always loved fashion games/dress up games and this one does not disappoint. Going to try and finish up some of my current games before jumping into the other two.

The Sky:
Xiv0FZr.png

Very beautiful books- much bigger than I was expecting!

Kirigiri phone strap:
MVpIaWL.png

So happy to finally have one of Kirigiri! She's my favorite. Hoping to pick up Naegi and Junko next.

Tuck

iMHR3cZK5xuxf.png

iEUjIDOnbDpGe.png
i4JsYl5m5tNqc.png

..but appearances can be deceiving, because this isn't actually a Japanese 3DS, it's North American! :)

My story begins at Futureshop, where I bought a pink 3DS XL. After that, I saw a better deal on Kijiji (with a bunch of games, another Club Nintendo 3DS Case and another pouch to boot) so I bought that, too. I then imported a white Japanese 3DS XL from Play-Asia. Those, combined with my older aqua blue 3DS, that brings my total to 4.

i0paKTlF6Iehl.png
ibutnbC13cV1HS.png

I then started the process of taking apart the white and one of the pinks in order to switch their guts. Here's a picture of the middle of the pink's disassembly:

ivNHzzXFN4oRZ.png

(My desk isn't normally so messy. Also, that was a clean sock!)

The system transfers are all done, so all that's left now is to return the first pink one to the store, to sell my old Aqua blue one on Kijiji and see if I can find someone to buy a pink Japanese 3DS XL with a North American back. I've also got to decide what to do with the boxes. I generally like to keep the boxes for my handhelds, but in this case my choices are either to keep the Japanese box and manuals (though I can't read Japanese and the charger obviously won't fit in the box) or to keep the White 3DS XL in the pink box and sell the pink one in a white box. Decisions decisions!

ieGZEKLhAWH1I.png

God fucking damn the white 3DS XL is so nice.

Yes Boss!

Ketsui for PS3. Pretty fucking HOT!

No Cal beer for my Friday. Not getting krunk but I'm gonna enjoy myself and drink my sixer as I go through my Ketsui set:

Zajora

That's awesome! It swaps just like I thought it would!

Edit: Wait, did you swap the entire system shell or just the back and battery cover?

I actually swapped the whole thing. I'm not how easy it'd be to just take off the top part, since it seems much more securely fastened than the bottom cover. (I'm sure you could remove it with enough effort, since I assume there are screws under the pads on either side of the camera on the inside, or perhaps under those four square indentations)

That, and there were also a few minor marks on the white parts of the system (it was second hand, after all)

Yes Boss!

Want want want! How is it compared to the 360 port??

Have not even put it in! Just listening to the Remix album on rotation while I cook my indian food and drink. I'm setting up a Tate display later tonight to try it out. Meant to borrow the little projector from work so I could splash in on my wall but my Boss left for the weekend. So HDTV it is!

Westraid

Awesome collection, SegaManAU. Loved seeing the Biohazard too. Used to have that one myself.

Purchased this one a few hours ago:
WDs.png

Really pleasant game so far, I love the atmosphere and the setting so much.
Brings back childhood memories.

You forgot the most important part. Live and breath CCNA for a few months before considering taking the exam. You've got to be fully committed. I'm talking spending 2 hours a day, every day, studying. You need to know every detail to pass the test. 825 out of 1000 is passing.

They've already revised the test; however, you can take the old test for a certain period of time. I like what they've introduced in the new exam topics. Good luck on your exam.

Sora_N

Awesome collection, SegaManAU. Loved seeing the Biohazard too. Used to have that one myself.

Purchased this one a few hours ago:
WDs.png

Really pleasant game so far, I love the atmosphere and the setting so much.
Brings back childhood memories.

Didn't know it was out, what kind of game is it?

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
They recently opened up a Value Village near where I work in Woodinville and I check there when i go to lunch a few times a week. I got sealed Samba De amigo and the SNES games on Thursday. On friday I bought the Gameboy games.

What's with Samba De Amigo going super cheap and finding it's way into everyones collection this week?

Today's pickups

Canon eos m. I've been eyeing this for a while and the mirror-less option while bing able to use the canon lens family was enticing. $299 sale from amazon made it too good of a deal to pass up. Seems a new model for the fall is coming up and retailers are discounting this model.

Trappist beer is Trappist beer....amazing.

ZSVxRGQl.jpg

gate777

Yes, those are the latest editions published May 2013. You're right about the studying part, it takes tremendous amounts to master and pass the exam. Either way, I already work at Cisco so the CCNA certification is for a potential new (higher paying) position. Good luck in your studies!. Thanks!

milkham

grabbed a MODOK mug from thinkgeek for 5 bucks because it reminds me of Ryan Davis
9372702681_6ebef9219b_b.jpg

Bought an EOS-M like many people, grabbed the adapter off ebay
9372702645_54ae58c370_b.jpg

Couldn't help attaching the most ridiculous lens to it
9372702619_f35166c7a8_b.jpg

and a new cd
9375516292_391f2e7f32_o.jpg

milkham

Which adaptor did you get ? I hear the viltrox works as well as the canon does

its a canon one from hong kong, haven't had any trouble. i've seen people say the viltrox throws communications errors occasionally so i went with a trusted ebay seller selling the real thing for 99.

Westraid

Didn't know it was out, what kind of game is it?
It's a bit of an adventure with a very simple card game element to it. It's set in the 70s and you play the son of a family who just started a dry cleaning shop.

I haven't gotten too far yet, but it's a really endearing game so far.
Here is the Neogaf OT, that's probably a better help than what I can tell you right now.

Nevasleep

Networking pick-ups. Advancing my career. Will start studying in September this year.
Check out CBT Nuggets, really good presenter, and also Cisco Packet Tracer.

I'm planning to take ICND1 640-822 soon. Then either 640-816 or 200-101.
I already know the basics of most topics from networking classes, but the Cisco exams are so much more in-depth.

D-e-f-

Banned
Still waiting on Game & Wario ...
Expecting Pikmin on Monday or Tuesday...

at least my on-the-cheap copy of Arkham City U showed up! :)

triple dip complete!

batmaaaanmer63.jpg

Top Bottom