• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

I don't know why the pic is so awful. Dual H236HLbid.

19201152169_9e3917f8df_z.jpg

Sick, dude. That gen of Subie will go down as one of the best looking with the widebody. Just traded in my '09 WRX last month. Had it been a widebody I might have kept it a bit longer :)

Cheers! Yeah, it's a lot wider then you'd think. I love it though (and I can't stop finding reasons to jet out, and drive.

Yeah, Acessport. First thing you need to buy if you want to even think about modding your Sube. What's up with the S15?

That's for sure... I still haven't flashed it, as I'm waiting for a few parts to show up in the mail.

Ah and you remembered my S15? I've since sold it. It was going to be a rather expensive project, and I would rather put that money towards a BNR34 or R35.

zmet

Haul from last month:

Blade Runner Soundtrack and Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact! The Complete Series

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Original Sound Track

Turn A Gundam Part 2

Crypt of the Living Dead (with bonus feature House of the Living Dead) and Patlabor 2 The Movie

Chappie, Spirited Away, T2: Judgement Day, and the Cat Returns

Ripper Street Season 3, Sugar Hill, and Batman Arkham Knight

XRGB-Mini Framemeister

Used Castlevania Chronicle: Akumajo Dracula and Samurai Spirits: Kenkaku Yubinan Pack

crimilde

Banned
I got a PSOne a month or two ago to finally play some old games on it, since I never had a console while growing up, and my first game just arrived in the mail today:

IMG_0298.jpg

Really happy about this, I can't wait to play it.

EDIT: Got around to taking some more pics of stuff I bought.

Some books I bought last month but which arrived a few days ago:

IMG20150704145730.jpg

I received the first two volumes of the Darker than BLACK manga from a friend:

IMG20150704145814.jpg

Two GiTS DVDs from Amazon:

IMG20150704145843.jpg

IMG20150704145854.jpg

Ecto311

rAVQow1l.jpg

Found this hard drive on sale at best buy supposed to be good for an Xbox one. The munchkin game was $15 at target price matched Amazon. Hear good things about it. Far cry was also on sale at best buy for $15 and giant bomb had a boner for it so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Posted this in last months thread - always talked shit about people who did that and now I'm the dum dum.

crimilde

Banned
That would cost a pretty penny. Enjoy the beautiful style of ff9.

Thanks! I noticed when opening it up that the discs are quite scratched as the box pins are broken... I'll test it later on, I hope it works fine. I got it for cheap on Amazon, fortunately.

Gamble

I got a PSOne a month or two ago to finally play some old games on it, since I never had a console while growing up, and my first game just arrived in the mail today:

IMG_0298.jpg

where did you pick up the system?

crimilde

Banned
I picked it up online from a Romanian eBay-like website. It was only 20 euro with the memory card and controller.

crimilde

Banned
I read in the PSOne thread here on neogaf that not all of the games are available on PS3, and that some are badly optimized.

And since it was not expensive at all, I thought it's nicer to play them on the original system.

Little THings, actually this is the combined bulk of June purchases, not sure if I am doing this right:

x59pMwdl.jpg

Destiny, Vanguard edition. Which after using the code it is just "Destiny Vanilla Edition". I was looking for an endless game to waste time in until persona 5, and... More than 40 hours already?

jkbHn3Kl.jpg

Fender Squier Bullet Strat RW (+ accesories). An extremely cheap model, but it is enough for learning purposes until I decided if I want to invest more into the hobby

Are all your games sealed after playing or just sealed for collecting purposes?

Not a collector anymore, although some time ago I was. I put the disc on a cd case and bag the original case. When I am done with the game I reopen it and put the game disc or cartridge back inside.

Plastic loses its qualities over time, gets thousands of tiny scratches, looks matte instead of glossy and even sticky. Bad air quality where I live, maybe? I started doing it during my collector phase to keep them as close to mint as possible when a glass cabinet was not available. Nowadays I just like the mint state (and helps a lot when reselling them), and saves me a lot of issues with dust.

IMG_0298.jpg

Why wouldn't you just play PS1 games on your PS3? I see you have games for it in the background.

crimilde

Banned
Why wouldn't you just play PS1 games on your PS3? I see you have games for it in the background.

Don't know about him but I love playing on the original systems.

Her. :p

Yep, that was my idea as well. I actually replied to a similar question a few posts back. :)

I read in the PSOne thread here on neogaf that not all of the games are available on PS3, and that some are badly optimized.

And since it was not expensive at all, I thought it's nicer to play them on the original system.

Hilti92

IMG_0298.jpg

Man, I wish we still had our PSOne. Beautiful console. I do miss memory cards as well.

finalflame

IMG_0298.jpg

Fantastic! You got what is undoubtedly one of the greatest JRPGs of all times! I had this exact same setup growing up (still have my PSOne sitting somewhere). You'll love it, nice pickup!

crimilde

Banned
I apologize sincerely, great pick up. I regret giving away the PSOne I had lying around :(

No problem, you don't need to apologise. It happens to me a lot on the internet. :p

I don't plan on ever selling any of my systems. I know for sure I would regret it someday.

Fantastic! You got what is undoubtedly one of the greatest JRPGs of all times! I had this exact same setup growing up (still have my PSOne sitting somewhere). You'll love it, nice pickup!

Thanks, a friend of mine has been pestering me for a while now to play it and I finally gave in. :D

Dynamic3

Not a collector anymore, although some time ago I was. I put the disc on a cd case and bag the original case. When I am done with the game I reopen it and put the game disc or cartridge back inside.

Plastic loses its qualities over time, gets thousands of tiny scratches, looks matte instead of glossy and even sticky. Bad air quality where I live, maybe? I started doing it during my collector phase to keep them as close to mint as possible when a glass cabinet was not available. Nowadays I just like the mint state (and helps a lot when reselling them), and saves me a lot of issues with dust.

That's pretty neat, is there a particular brand that makes those slips?

That's pretty neat, is there a particular brand that makes those slips?

I don't think so . I bought a 500 units pack years ago from:

http://stores.ebay.es/eurotienda?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

But "looking for resealable X case wraps" should help you. 15x25 is one of the most versatile size, working with DVD, Nes and even Gameboy and DS. For bigger cases such as snes I use comic book bags and adjust them a bit. You could also ask in second hand media stores. I've seen a few ones that will bag everything on display (A nice idea since everybody is touching and wearing them).

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
ps4gamesh4qe3.jpg

My PS4 library has been growing faster then anticipated, bought one around three weeks ago.
Really like the look of The Order's Steelbook.

Loved the previous Souls games for they're exploration and Bloodborne's once again brilliantly crafted in that aspect, but i'm having a lot of trouble with the faster pace.
Still, i'm having fun.

Hip Hop

I finally upgraded my Microsoft $5 keyboard to a mechanical one. My first jump into the mechanical craze. I gotta say, the keys are something else. They are definitely very loud, but the feel and click of them, it's different. I like it! Also got a wireless gaming mouse. I didn't really want to replace my G9x, but I couldn't pass up the mouse sale.

Got both the Logitech G710 Mechanical Keyboard and the Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse for only $85. Insane deal from Fry's. The shipping was kind of slow though.

Yazuka

Here is what I've gotten over the last month.

2015-06-05%20-%20Lastest%20games.jpg

New TV, soundbar and Milla Maxwell figure. Batman wanted to be in the picture again.
2015-06-26%20-%20Ny%20TV%20Batman%20amp%20Tales%20figur.jpg

JEKKI

I went to the used game store lookin for a copy of Shenmue

they didnt have :(

but I found this instead complete for $17:

11410544_1001891449830835_806115656_n.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This is last month too. It was pretty expensive.

New TV
Vita OLED w/ 3 games
Driveclub
The Order

aRicn6Y.jpg

One thread late, but June was probably my biggest pickup month ever...

Won't be doing any heavy gaming on it, but it's the new 15" model with the R9 M370x dedicated GPU in it, so it should be able to run most, if not all, of my current Steam library at playable levels, which is nice to have. I'll probably just play SimCity and Cities: Skylines on it.

Then, probably one of the biggest pickups I'll ever have...

Top Bottom