• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

LegendX48

No games today but I got this

16673331674_745daf9ba0_z.jpg

The Flash

Banned
CDpkU6jWoAEOHku.jpg

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures Blu Ray, Samus Figma, Mega Man amiibo, Shadow of Mordor, Rogue Squadron, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat X, Shadow of the Empire.

Haven't posted my pickups in a while. Here's everything new I've gotten. There's a couple march pickups mixed in the group pictures though.
It's mostly games, but also got some music and some stuff for my gopro.

DSCN2364.jpg

DSCN2357.jpg

DSCN2362.jpg

DSCN2356.jpg

DSCN2365.jpg

Thoraxes

This is what feeling feelings feels like:

2015-04-2802.20.02ayu30.jpg

Also got my Club Nintendo T-shirt in today. Looks kinda weird when wearing it, but I still like it. The sizes are still kinda off though. I usually wear a medium, but I had to order a large because the medium was too small with the last shirt I got from them.

I installed my bees yesterday. This is my first attempt at bee keeping, really excited to see how things play out this season!

IMG_20150426_112015.jpg

Y3OiGXX.jpg

JPSYy0t.jpg

f7pINoc.jpg

I would LOVE to keep Bees. Not sure my garden is big enough though and I'd be worried about children in the garden next door etc.

Lombax

Banned
I would LOVE to keep Bees. Not sure my garden is big enough though and I'd be worried about children in the garden next door etc.

I'm starting off with 1 hive and seeing how that is. We mainly have these bees for pollinating all the things we are planting this sprint / summer, and perhaps a little honey.

We have a 5yr old and at first I was concerned about bees and kids as well, but thus far they have been very mellow. For example when I installed them this past weekend I dropped the queen cage into the shipping box, and had to fish her out. I got a few angry fly by's but not a single sting.
My daughter watched the whole process from a short distance and was not stung either. I am planning to get her a bee suit this week so she can help me tend to the hive.

As for the garden size, don't worry about that. Bees will "work" an area of about 2 to 3 square miles and find what they need [mainly flowers, and water]. We live on 9 acres with a stream and brook running through the property. It is my hope that they dont feel the need to travel too far.

If you ever decide to take it up, and have any questions feel free to PM me.

phoenixyz

That's a lot of calories. He/She burnt through 1700 in about 4 hours not to mention the calories he's/she's going to burn naturally for the rest of the day.

That's quite a bit. I have to walk a mile to campus twice a day and I usually burn around 360 calories by the end of my 14 hour day.

Not really.
Afaik rule of thumb is your weight in kilograms * distance in kilometers = kilocalories burned. A marathon is 42,2km. So no, it's not a whole lot.

bobawesome

Happy birthday to me, I suppose.

5AugdrU.jpg

It feels nice to finally have The Garden of Sinners on blu-ray. I guess I'll have to eventually import Mirai Fukuin to complete the collection.

AlfaTrion

Finally the 13 year long wait ends.

[STEEL BATALLION CONTROLLER]

Now I just need to make room for it.

How much did you spend?
This thread has one of these almost every month it seems and it always makes me want to bring mine out of the vault. I never beat the game *ashamed*

turbocat

Long time lurker of this thread...and this year, I've done my best to only buy games and gaming-related stuff if I sell old stuff and extra codes I have lying around. The backlog is just too long. That being said, I've had a couple of cool gaming purchases this month.

This pickup is...over ten years in the making. I remember passing a glass case in 2005 or 2006 in Walmart, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. I'm no longer kicking myself.

HZsRgI1.jpg

Suikoden II is a game I've been wanting to play for years. Now I can play it anywhere!

Ljhasat.jpg

And finally, I've been looking for an MMO to play with my friends for a while, and Guild Wars 2 just happened to go on sale.

ArRd2aV.jpg

I usually wait until the next month starts to post my monthly pickups, but I leave on vacation on May 1st, and I don't see myself buying any new games today or tomorrow, so No time like the present!

Nothing too major this month, mostly Gamecube & PS2 games from the local retro game store, and a few Target clearance games. Xenoblade was the only new game I picked up this month, been a long time since I've only bought one new game!

BdD9r6k.jpg

Drain You

I must have been real shitfaced last saturday because I really don't have a recollection of order these, not complaining. Really quality frames too.

Ltnkomg.jpg

VanWinkle

ig4dQyj1NH4Lu.jpg

My fiancee bought me The Art of Naughty Dog. For the other ones, I have been trying to build up my collection of physical books, but still read mostly on my Kindle Paperwhite. So I've been scoping out good deals for used versions of the books I really love or, occassionally, ones I am planning on reading. Here's what I've got recently. All of these (disregarding The Art of Naughty Dog) were under $5 shipped, and no mass market paperback. Either hardcover or trade paperback.

bobawesome

ig4dQyj1NH4Lu.jpg

My fiancee bought me The Art of Naughty Dog. For the other ones, I have been trying to build up my collection of physical books, but still read mostly on my Kindle Paperwhite. So I've been scoping out good deals for used versions of the books I really love or, occassionally, ones I am planning on reading. Here's what I've got recently. All of these (disregarding The Art of Naughty Dog) were under $5 shipped, and no mass market paperback. Either hardcover or trade paperback.

Nice going with The Wise Man's Fear; I love the Kingkiller Chronicles. Still waiting on The Doors of Stone, Rothfuss.

VanWinkle

Nice going with The Wise Man's Fear; I love the Kingkiller Chronicles. Still waiting on The Doors of Stone, Rothfuss.

Currently 1/4th into The Name of the Wind, and I LOVE it. It took me a little while to get into it, but I'm so glad I kept going. I actually got Wise Man's Fear as an incentive for me to finish Name of the Wind, which ended up working.

How much did you spend?
This thread has one of these almost every month it seems and it always makes me want to bring mine out of the vault. I never beat the game *ashamed*

$240 CDN shipped. Was very hard to find one where shipping didn't completely kill the purchase.

Top Bottom