• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

eXistor

G6lWqer.jpg

etta

my hard graphic balls
Well, I went ahead and done it. I triple dipped. No regrets, GTA V is one of the few games that I think are worth even double dipping, they did make a great game after all.

oNhHy9i.jpg

LegendX48

got some stuffs for me and my dog who loves to play fetch

17112538431_ee04ebc5f2_z.jpg

back of X2 steel book
16927004499_c99aba3f39_z.jpg

inside
16490755814_dac2e05a52_z.jpg

yeah, seeing that it's not only one disc but movie only with zero special features is kind of a buzz kill, case is cool though and it was only $10 at Target.

recent%20pickups_zpskq57pkrh.jpg

Picked up the past week or so. I just found the Majora's Mask N3DS at Best Buy, they had three of them, not sure of the current rarity but I'm very happy to have found one and perfect timing with just getting my tax return.

Laieon

Visited the DMZ yesterday. Picked up some North Korean wine, some Soju that may or may not be North Korean (I've never seen this particular brand in stores, all the other alchohol they had was from NK, but these labels look a lot cleaner/newer), a keychain, and some North Korean money.

whZibaV.jpg

Other pick ups:
GTAV PC
Gauntlet
Screencheat
SpeedRunners

Where did you buy this P4A Artbook ? Some good stuff inside ?

Amazon Japan and it's both the P4A and P4A Ultimax artbooks combined, plus scenes of the story mode. It's a rather hefty book but the price was really good. I think it's definitely the definitive P4 Arena art collection at the moment.

Today's pickups:

Got carded for buying this... Was a good laugh actually.
5fbde1c37ad837a3c7a5d50845e0fca5_zpswjyhhk5n.jpg

A new sweatshirt from the Nike outlet. It's actually a darker red, but the flash from my camera (plus the light duvet cover) washed it out slightly.
7ff2203de568c541787aeb8f2d168926_zpshgole3qj.jpg

Finally, a bonus pair of shoes courtesy of the Nike outlet. Nike x Fragment Hyperchase.
0b07a185146e92f44d1e1b430131c399_zpsdfiokq4g.jpg

Went to the last game of the season last night so I picked up a Jamie Benn jersey and wore it to the game. It just so happens that he won the Art Ross trophy and the arena went insane. Couldn't have asked for a better night!

Amazon Japan and it's both the P4A and P4A Ultimax artbooks combined, plus scenes of the story mode. It's a rather hefty book but the price was really good. I think it's definitely the definitive P4 Arena art collection at the moment.

Ok thanks, I think I'll take this along a with an OST.

veela

Neo Member
Coverplate-Love!
... I don't even own a New3DS
E65Ctn0.jpg

some gifts <3
PR7Qgq5.jpg

much needed new books
3i5PaFN.jpg

not that much needed new Mangas
cr862XB.jpg

illusionary

After thinking through the likelihood of a sale any time soon (and checking up to see that Journey is still full-price, for comparison), I caved on Axiom Verge yesterday, getting in on the 10% PS Plus discount while it's still valid. I've only just beaten the first boos at the moment, but oh wow this game is good!

Coverplate-Love!
... I don't even own a New3DS
E65Ctn0.jpg
As an owner of the XL rather than the smaller model, I'm still very tempted to do the same with the Zelda coverplates... not that I could find any stock around if I wanted.

crispyben

After thinking through the likelihood of a sale any time soon (and checking up to see that Journey is still full-price, for comparison), I caved on Axiom Verge yesterday, getting in on the 10% PS Plus discount while it's still valid. I've only just beaten the first boos at the moment, but oh wow this game is good!
You did good, considering that the developer announced that the game wouldn't go on sale for at least 6 months, and would in all likelihood never be part of PS+.

Caayn

Bought a PS wireless headset to replace my old Logitech F540, and bought a new XB1 headset because my old one broke down.
wp_20150414_0043oum5.jpg

It's so beautiful. I went to several shops, in each one it was sold out except for the last one, in one shop they got 72 copies and all 72 were sold when I arrived :( It's been a long time since I had to search for a copy of a game I wanted on release day.
wp_20150414_00380urj.jpg

Triple-dipping no regrets!
wp_20150414_002bkuwf.jpg

As much as I love looking at the cool stuff GAF buys there is a part of me feels guilty looking at the excess of money people (including myself) spend on frivolous things like a second copy of a game, 100th Amibo or another pair of limited edition shoes.

In no way do I want to discourage GAF enjoying spending their hard earned money on their hobby of choice, I can't help wondering if this thread could also help GAF become a community that supports others as well?

What I am thinking, is at least one month a year (ideally every month but we could try a month and see how it goes) we could all pledge to match our gaming spend with a charity donation or pledge some time to help others.

For example,

"I have bought a PS4 and I have volunteered 2 hours at my local food bank" or "I have bought 3 new GameCube games and I have donated 3 old games to the children's unit at my local hospital".

Many people will already give lots to help others and that's great and I am aware we are a gaming community. It is just a proposal that might help others and possibly make some of us bear others in mind when spending money on ourselves.
There are several threads in which people give away stuff ;)

I get asked for charity on a daily basis, and if I gave money or stuff to everyone of those charities I'd need atleast 3 more jobs in order to make it each month. No offense, you're trying to do a good thing but people (atleast I don't) don't like being asked to give away X. I donate in my own way ;)

If you really want to go through with this, wait till you're allowed to make threads, make a plan and post a topic about it in the off-topic section of NeoGaf.

My European best friend sent me a care package filled with Easter goodies... and then some:
1b7a22ae7e036cf2cb03a0e967a6ad3f_zpsmkgltcru.jpg

This pin was from an Alexander McQueen exhibit, my friend has a matching pin:
a83df0a937e2e2503b93cb37d13f39ca_zpsnmg3qrjk.jpg

Finally, what better way to clean up after devouring all of those sweets with...with toothpaste of course:
a7d7ba960c26aebfdebb7af5fb945bfe_zpschjsw2lk.jpg

As much as I love looking at the cool stuff GAF buys there is a part of me feels guilty looking at the excess of money people (including myself) spend on frivolous things like a second copy of a game, 100th Amibo or another pair of limited edition shoes.

In no way do I want to discourage GAF enjoying spending their hard earned money on their hobby of choice, I can't help wondering if this thread could also help GAF become a community that supports others as well?

What I am thinking, is at least one month a year (ideally every month but we could try a month and see how it goes) we could all pledge to match our gaming spend with a charity donation or pledge some time to help others.

For example,

"I have bought a PS4 and I have volunteered 2 hours at my local food bank" or "I have bought 3 new GameCube games and I have donated 3 old games to the children's unit at my local hospital".

Many people will already give lots to help others and that's great and I am aware we are a gaming community. It is just a proposal that might help others and possibly make some of us bear others in mind when spending money on ourselves.

GAF itself is always into the spirit of donating their time, talent or money to help others in need - as there are always giveaway threads or threads in OT that will highlight a cause.

I personally donate and volunteer throughout the year aside from purchasing things, so again, I'm fairly certain there are others who do that as well.

Honestly, as the other poster said, perhaps wait until you can create threads, make a plan/challenge for others and post it in OT to help spread the word.

illusionary

You did good, considering that the developer announced that the game wouldn't go on sale for at least 6 months, and would in all likelihood never be part of PS+.

Ah, I'd not yet seen that - thanks for the heads-up and the purchase validation... though the game's doing that very well on its own account so far! :D

Lichter

Probably my last Club Nintendo pick-up guys. :'(

And 3 months of PS+, I wish I had time to screenshot my list of download. You'd see the magnitude of having a PS+ subscription back in the days. :)

Aubergine

Neo Member
A few of the most recent pickups since April began:

I found a few CIB gems at a local 2nd & Charles for pretty good prices. Those Pokemon Ranger games are a little hard to find. Actually one of those two Ranger games came from a random find at Target, don't know how I lucked into that.

The Mother 3 guide from fangamer is something I had been eyeing for a long time and finally picked up. I also received that 2003 Nintendo Winter catalog from a friend who just found it cleaning up. I love collecting those, and I'm glad Nintendo still does those every Christmas to this day.

Then last but not least, I picked up this super rad Brainstorm Transformer from the Japanese Headmasters series. I found that became my favorite series after picking up the fairly recent US release of it, so I was really glad to see one of the main characters from that get the Generations treatment. This guy is seriously impressive, hasbro did a great job on this one.

Coconut

Banned

For example,

I think it's rude to assume most of us if not all of us already contribute to charities and the like.

Sky Chief

What a beautiful looking town,where is that?

Oh and lovely car also!

Thanks

Pacific Grove, CA. I just moved there a month ago and it is so beautiful.

Those pictures are from right outside my front door. Here are a couple more I took in the last couple days from within a mile of that spot:

A ten minute walk out the front door and to the left:

A five minute walk out the front door and to the right (look at the seal pups on the beach, so cute!):

And this is the view I have from my bed every morning, pretty cool because the Monterey Bay is to the East of me so even though I am on the West Coast the sun rises over the water!

koopas

As I said in my post

"Many people will already give lots to help others and that's great"

Of course I assume many people give to charity but a suggestion of 1 month a yearbthe community come together to give their time or donations to help less fortunate would be an extra contribution from people.

I have tried to word this in a way that does not criticise people for spending their own money but rather to encourage one month a year to do a little bit more to help others.

If everyone just assumed that people already give as much as they can afford and never prodded people who can to do a bit more, the world would be a worse place.

I give money and time to various charities but I'll put my hand up and say I could do more. I'm sure many people on here would be the same. A bit of encouragement for us all to do more as a community was all I was thinking.

Anyway, its just an idea. Sorry for interrupting the thread.
Apology accepted. Now can we get back to the unabashed capitalism please?

PS I'm insanely jealous of that Super Fighter Team snes release. Is it formatted (shaped) for all regions?

Top Bottom