• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

Best/Worst pickup for me today. I swear I'm going to exercise some self-control and not eat the entire jar...

87595834-05BA-4DA2-BD49-BB22C47F0CC3_zpsnwsfztt3.jpg

Thanks! I debated getting two, one to keep sealed and one to open. Ultimately. I open all my limited/collector's stuff so decided to just get one :)

Seems like the guide is by Prima. Here's the table of contents and legal info:

EcFwtMf.jpg

Lu1Dc5V.jpg

They are very impressive. After some looking it does seem like the 7 and 8 guides are direct reprints of the bradygames guides that came out in 1997 and 1999. Too bad because those were somewhat incomplete and missing higher level game breaking strategies.

It would be an interesting project to try to put together a nice hardbound compilation of newly written, comprehensive guides for:

Final Fantasy 1, 2 PSP
Final Fantasy 3 DS/Steam/Android
Final Fantasy 4 Complete Collection
Final Fantasy 5 Advance
Final Fantasy 6 with advance content
Final Fantasy 7 PS1
Final Fantasy 8 PS1
Final Fantasy 9 PS1
Final Fantasy X HD
Final Fantasy X-2 HD
Final Fantasy 12 PS2
Final Fantasy 13 PS3
Final Fantasy 13-2
Final Fantasy 13 Lightning Returns
And a spot for a Final Fantasy 15 guide.

Include some of the higher level strategies found by fans through the years, talk about differences in versions/ports, etc. Would be amazing, and probably cost like $500

NL6ZRwx.png

Been meaning to post this. Finally got the guitar I've always wanted this month. A black Fender Jazzmaster. It's the Classic Player series so it was made in Mexico, but it feels, looks, and SOUNDS fantastic. I absolutely adore it. My other electric is an Epiphone 339, and this feels better in every conceivable way.

One day I'll get an AVRI Jazzmaster or an actual vintage 60's one, but this will do just fine for a long time. :)

Been meaning to post this. Finally got the guitar I've always wanted this month. A black Fender Jazzmaster. It's the Classic Player series so it was made in Mexico, but it feels, looks, and SOUNDS fantastic. I absolutely adore it. My other electric is an Epiphone 339, and this feels better in every conceivable way.

One day I'll get an AVRI Jazzmaster or an actual vintage 60's one, but this will do just fine for a long time. :)

I absolutely love Jazzmasters. I've got the '62 Reissue American Deluxe and the purple sparkle J Mascis signature and I couldn't imagine playing anything else. Great choice on the guitar man.

blackjaw

NL6ZRwx.png

I have a fender classic 60s telecaster MIM and chose it because it sounded better than the American standard that was two hundred more. They make good stuff down in the Mexico plant, no need to be ashamed of it as long as it sounds good!

I will get an 60s AVRI telecaster...they sound soo good

Malik Ishtal

Neo Member
I picked up some more stuff from Amazon. There were six items in this one...

Panasonic Eneloop BQ-CC17 Charger (Black)
JOTO 25W/5A 4 Port USB Charger
Logitech M500 Mouse
Logitech K120 Keyboard
A pack of 2 Cable Matters 5 Feet USB 3.0 Cables
A pack of 56 3M Self Adhesive Rubber Feet (Bumpons)

finalflame

I picked up some more stuff from Amazon. There were six items in this one...

Panasonic Eneloop BQ-CC17 Charger (Black)
JOTO 25W/5A 4 Port USB Charger
Logitech M500 Mouse
Logitech K120 Keyboard
A pack of 2 Cable Matters 5 Feet USB 3.0 Cables
A pack of 56 3M Self Adhesive Rubber Feet (Bumpons)

Eneloops are awesome, 'gratz. I think I have that same charger.

I absolutely love Jazzmasters. I've got the '62 Reissue American Deluxe and the purple sparkle J Mascis signature and I couldn't imagine playing anything else. Great choice on the guitar man.
Thank you! The '62 reissues are so good. I like them more than the current '65's. And the sparke JM signature is beautiful. Great choices yourself.

I have a fender classic 60s telecaster MIM and chose it because it sounded better than the American standard that was two hundred more. They make good stuff down in the Mexico plant, no need to be ashamed of it as long as it sounds good!

I will get an 60s AVRI telecaster...they sound soo good
Yup, the Mexico Fenders are absolutely great guitars for the price. I'm very proud to own this one. Hell, even Squier's starting to get up there if you're willing to give them some care. The J Mascis Jazzmaster they do is fantastic, but it doesn't feel or sound very Jazzmastery.

Only play shoegaze. ONLY!
Shoegaze and Radiohead songs. It's how I get by. ;)

dodgeme

Well, I was beyond sick of waiting for these two and add to it Dark Pit being an exclusive at Best Buy with no preorders, I said fuck it and imported them both for around $23 on amazon. Not worth my time to try and go wait at stores for these things.

Also got what is probably one of the most pointless items ever but extremely sweet looking, the Razer Firefly mousepad. I am a sucker for leds and couldn't pass this up especially when I had some spare Amazon gift cards I had just gotten as rewards from my credit cards.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Picked up one of the new Xbox One controllers with 3.5 mm jacks. I was impressed by it, to be honest. It feels better built, more solid. When you try to squeeze it, it does not creak where the palm sections are joined together. The home button's light looks a bit lighter and nicer.
U4OYgj8.jpg

//ARCANUM

Picked up one of the new Xbox One controllers with 3.5 mm jacks. I was impressed by it, to be honest. It feels better built, more solid. When you try to squeeze it, it does not creak where the palm sections are joined together. The home button's light looks a bit lighter and nicer.
U4OYgj8.jpg

How does it handle volume adjustment? With the adapter, you've got the ability to adjust overall volume and game vs chat volume right at your fingertips. I'm assuming you have to go into settings to adjust all that?

Ascenion

Dropped my Xbox One while moving it into the living room and it is no longer with us, or under warranty so I splurged. I'll replace it eventually, had too many games on it not to, but for the moment I don't miss it too much.

MSW1fRZl.jpg

kama

Today I picked up the final item of my June/July shopping from customs. Time for a group shot:
Y8P6iTw.jpg

Brandish 2 (PC-9801)
qC64eE1.jpg

Wanderers from Ys (PC-9801)
ewLFO6X.jpg

Dinosaur (PC-9801)
t9dsUkm.jpg

Ancient Ys Vanished (MSX2)
oeQzDwL.jpg

Sora No Kiseki SC (Windows)
4rpipiL.jpg

Wanderers from Ys (Playstation 2)
7wc95UJ.jpg

Ys VI - The Ark of Napishtim (Playstation 2)
yWcaJVu.jpg

Dinosaur Resurrection (Windows)
j0MX0So.jpg

I was really surprised by all the extras that came with Dinosaur Resurrection. Not only did it include 3(!) Soundtrack Cds and a notepad with blank graph paper, it also had an ad-leaflet for Sora No Kiseki FC, which was released two years later:
f3NrFgb.jpg

ys45

Today I picked up the final item of my June/July shopping from customs. Time for a group shot:
Y8P6iTw.jpg

Brandish 2 (PC-9801)
qC64eE1.jpg

ewLFO6X.jpg

Dinosaur (PC-9801)
t9dsUkm.jpg

oeQzDwL.jpg

4rpipiL.jpg

7wc95UJ.jpg

yWcaJVu.jpg

j0MX0So.jpg

I was really surprised by all the extras that came with Dinosaur Resurrection. Not only did it include 3(!) Soundtrack Cds and a notepad with blank graph paper, it also had an ad-leaflet for Sora No Kiseki FC, which was released two years later:
f3NrFgb.jpg

Nice pick-up, where did you get all this if you don't mind me asking ?

Auctopus

NL6ZRwx.png

Beautiful guitar. No shame in a Mex. I've got a standard mex tele and I have no desire to splash out twice as much money on the American standard.

kama

Nice pick-up, where did you get all this if you don't mind me asking ?

ebay:
Brandish 2 (PC98) [private seller]
Dinosaur (PC98) [hit-japan]
Ys III (PC98) [gaijingame]
Ys (MSX2) [themsxshop]
Sora No kiseki SC (Windows) [beta_games]

Solaris Japan:
Ys III (Playstation 2)
Ys VI (Playstation 2)
I really like their friendly and helpful customer support, they speak German and English and they give you a 'customs-friendly' invoice if you want.

Yahoo Auctions (via buyee.jp proxy bidder):
Dinosaur Resurrection (Windows) [coliseum300]

Mbrill82

i picked up a pair of these babies...

grabbed then on sale for 250..quickest impulse buy ever.

Great price! Do you already have a headphone amp? If not and you plan to get one take a long hard look at the Bottlehead Crack, paired with the 650s it's a match made in rock 'n roll heaven

ys45

ebay:
Brandish 2 (PC98) [private seller]
Dinosaur (PC98) [hit-japan]
Ys III (PC98) [gaijingame]
Ys (MSX2) [themsxshop]
Sora No kiseki SC (Windows) [beta_games]

Solaris Japan:
Ys III (Playstation 2)
Ys VI (Playstation 2)
I really like their friendly and helpful customer support, they speak German and English and they give you a 'customs-friendly' invoice if you want.

Yahoo Auctions (via buyee.jp proxy bidder):
Dinosaur Resurrection (Windows) [coliseum300]

Thanks man Il check theme out !

etta

my hard graphic balls
How does it handle volume adjustment? With the adapter, you've got the ability to adjust overall volume and game vs chat volume right at your fingertips. I'm assuming you have to go into settings to adjust all that?
Yes, it's in Settings under Devices. But with the new dashboard, it will be easier to reach manually. If you have Kinect it will be even easier with Cortana.

TheMoon

I ignored the 3DS for as long as possible, but it just seems like there are too many games on it to ignore

19549159882_929ec94c77_c.jpg

Just FYI because people apparently don't realize it: ALBW has a reversible cover with the green version of the artwork and without a ratings logo!

yamo

i picked up a pair of these babies...

grabbed then on sale for 250..quickest impulse buy ever.

Damn i'm jelly at that price. I've been eyeing a pair forever now but they never drop below $350 where I live.

What kind of amp will you use? I've got a Fiio E10k but not sure how it would handle the HD650s

Picked these up today at CEX and traded in my 3ds. Only one problem, they didnt give me the other half of the charger. Have to head back tomorrow.
Vita, P4:G , 8gb mem card

bB9E3x8.jpg

Jazz573

Y8P6iTw.jpg

Brandish 2 (PC-9801)
qC64eE1.jpg

ewLFO6X.jpg

Dinosaur (PC-9801)
t9dsUkm.jpg

oeQzDwL.jpg

4rpipiL.jpg

7wc95UJ.jpg

yWcaJVu.jpg

j0MX0So.jpg

f3NrFgb.jpg

So much Falcom! Do you have an actual PC-98 to run the games? I've been thinking of getting one, and was wondering what your model is if you have one.

kama

So much Falcom! Do you have an actual PC-98 to run the games? I've been thinking of getting one, and was wondering what your model is if you have one.

No, unfortunately I do not own a PC-98, but it is my top most-wanted gaming system, followed by a TurboDuo. It's a tricky proposition when you're outside Japan. They rarely show up on ebay, and when they do you have to pay a hefty 'enthusiast-collector'-mark-up. They're much cheaper and more common on Yahoo Auctions, but then it's not always easy to figure out if they are complete and in working condition. There is an irritating amount of Japanese sellers that apparently can't be bothered to check if their old hardware still works. And then there's the shipping cost, which is quite considerable. And if that isn't enough to kill your enthusiasm for buying one of these machines from Japan you have to keep in mind that you'll probably need to buy a Japanese CRT monitor as well. Maybe there are contemporary western monitors that are compatible, but I doubt it.

A much more feasible option would be to purchase a PC98 notebook, but as far as I'm aware they are useless for many floppy disk games because they only have one floppy drive. One workaround for that is to transfer a hdi file directly to the notebooks HDD via LAN, but this only works for games that can actually be installed to hard drive. Unless there is a way to attach a second external FDD-drive you can't play games that require 2 disks to be inserted simultaneously.

One day I'll own one of these machines, but until then I handle my PC98 games the same way I do with current titles: I buy the cheap digital versions to play them and then purchase the physical release to get all the manuals and goodies.

Jazz573

No, unfortunately I do not own a PC-98, but it is my top most-wanted gaming system, followed by a TurboDuo. It's a tricky proposition when you're outside Japan. They rarely show up on ebay, and when they do you have to pay a hefty 'enthusiast-collector'-mark-up. They're much cheaper and more common on Yahoo Auctions, but then it's not always easy to figure out if they are complete and in working condition. There is an irritating amount of Japanese sellers that apparently can't be bothered to check if their old hardware still works. And then there's the shipping cost, which is quite considerable. And if that isn't enough to kill your enthusiasm for buying one of these machines from Japan you have to keep in mind that you'll probably need to buy a Japanese CRT monitor as well. Maybe there are contemporary western monitors that are compatible, but I doubt it.

A much more feasible option would be to purchase a PC98 notebook, but as far as I'm aware they are useless for many floppy disk games because they only have one floppy drive. One workaround for that is to transfer a hdi file directly to the notebooks HDD via LAN, but this only works for games that can actually be installed to hard drive. Unless there is a way to attach a second external FDD-drive you can't play games that require 2 disks to be inserted simultaneously.

One day I'll own one of these machines, but until then I handle my PC98 games the same way I do with current titles: I buy the cheap digital versions to play them and then purchase the physical release to get all the manuals and goodies.

Yeah, I've looked at Yahoo! Auctions before, and ran into the same problems. By digital versions I assume you mean Project EGG, right? Guess I'll just have to stick with that and NP2. Maybe I should just get an MSX for now, since they're much cheaper. Most of the Japanese retro PCs are pretty expensive. It's the same deal for PC-88 and X68000 too.

kama

Yeah, I've looked at Yahoo! Auctions before, and ran into the same problems. By digital versions I assume you mean Project EGG, right? Guess I'll just have to stick with that and NP2. Maybe I should just get an MSX for now, since they're much cheaper. Most of the Japanese retro PCs are pretty expensive. It's the same deal for PC-88 and X68000 too.

Yes, I'm talking about Project EGG. I find their prices to be very reasonable and their emulator is much simpler to run than the free alternatives. I really wish Falcom would release their backlog as a compilation for modern systems, similar to Konamis MSX Collection.

I've also considered getting an MSX, but the problem is that the games really suffer in terms of performance and music quality. And since the MSX has a much more active collectors community the games are generally more pricey. Just as a comparison from my most recent haul: The PC98 versions of Brandish 2 and Dinosaur cost me €40 and €16 respectively. Ys I for the MSX on the other hand went for almost €60. And the prices for the Kojima MSX games are just bananas. 150 bucks for a loose cart of Metal Gear? Snatcher for over 250? I don't think so...

Jazz573

I've also considered getting an MSX, but the problem is that the games really suffer in terms of performance and music quality. And since the MSX has a much more active collectors community the games are generally more pricey. Just as a comparison from my most recent haul: The PC98 versions of Brandish 2 and Dinosaur cost me €40 and €16 respectively. Ys I for the MSX on the other hand went for almost €60. And the prices for the Kojima MSX games are just bananas. 150 bucks for a loose cart of Metal Gear? Snatcher for over 250? I don't think so...

This is very much a recent thing. About a year and a half ago you could get a loose Metal Gear cart (off eBay!) for like €50 or so. Also I paid around €10 for my CIB copy of Ys I (MSX) early last year.

Malik Ishtal

Neo Member
I got another order in from Amazon...

A Transcend StoreJet USB 3.0 External Enclosure, so I could put my PS3's 500GB HDD to use.
A TP-LINK TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Switch
Cable Matters 5-Color Combo, Cat6 Snagless Ethernet Cables, 6 Feet

illusionary

I'm starting to feel pretty happy now with the selection Xbox 360 exclusives that I've picked up in advance of full rollouit of backwards compatibility on the Xbox One. Gears of War 1 and 2, Crackdown 1 and 2 and Halo Wars are the the new additions:

0dOorgn.jpg

And I've finally got the copy of The Witcher III that I need, and the third of the three Xbox One exclusives that I need in advance of Rare Replay, with The Master Chief Collection:

VSUCLBx.jpg

Tunic

Well I was pleasantly surprised earlier this morning when I decided to walk into a local Gamestop store. I wasn't even looking for anything, I just wanted to look around. My jaw dropped when I saw this sitting in the amiibo section:

bZiBGUy.jpg

My patience definitely payed off! The only one the store ended up getting on a restock shipment.

Top Bottom