• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
11bmfmf.jpg

16hr95k.jpg

2jes8ky.jpg

Astro sure likes their fancy packaging...

Yes Boss!

Wow,

New 360 hardware is hot! Definitely picking one up in august to replace my two-year old elite. Keep those pics coming!

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
DemiMatt said:
Wow those look pretty! Remind of the days when I was into that stuff (like 04)

Whats retail on those? Like 200? I really want the pink!

Retail is about $150; however you're not going to get that price unless you personally went to the only store in the world that was selling these ties. I think they sold out of the ties fairly quickly. Resell market is $200+, if you can find them. These ties were such limited production that they're nearly impossible to find. A guy on ebay recently just posted a few, but other than that, I haven't seen anybody in the resell channels carry these.

isny

napkin dispenser
Why didn't anyone tell me sooner this was happening here!?!

So glad to finally be able to see it in person!

m7b2gh.jpg

robot

ExMachina said:

Picked up the same set last month (in white as well). Really awesome headphones though the wiring gets a little confusing when you add the microphone...at least to me at first. I noticed they just came out with a Peace Walker edition in silver but the white ones are still nicer, may wind up getting some new art for the sides soon.

drkOne

ExMachina said:
How are they for portable use?
Mixamp redesign looks hot, is it just and redesign or did they also change the hardware?

SnowWolf said:
Got the three middle Bape ties today. Took forever to track them down, they are truly limited editions

5ezght.jpg

I love em! Funny story, I sold most of my babe stuff a while ago to fund the down payment for my car. Damn I sunk a lot of money into being a hypebeast...:lol

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
mr stroke said:
review on these headphones? worth the $?
I was actually mostly interested in the Mixamp, but I'm glad I got the A30s too since they turned out to be great as well. I probably wouldn't have paid $150 for the headset alone, but it's definitely worth the money if you get the package including both the A30s and the Mixamp, since then it'll be compatible with both the PS3 and 360 (in addition to PCs, of course) and you'll get 5.1 surround sound processing.

The A30s themselves have surprisingly good sound quality - punchy bass and clean highs. I'd put 'em just under entry-level audiophile cans (like the Sennheiser 595s that were posted in this topic earlier). Doesn't hurt that the A30s are the most comfortable supra-aural set I've ever used. Clear sound pickup from the boom and inline mics, and of course, with the Mixamp, the surround when playing games or watching movies is fantastic.

The only downsides really are the fact that they're wired (but if you're big screen gaming and would require a wireless set, you should go out and get a proper receiver + set of speakers anyways, lol) and that they can't compete with true audiophile headphones.

Still, overall... If you're a multi-system gamer who's interested in high-end sound but can't conveniently use a multi-speaker system because of budget, housemates/neighbors, whatever... I can't recommend the A30s + Mixamp enough.

Tashi0106 said:
Nice Astro's. Those are seeeexyyyy.
They are indeed. :D It definitely shows that Astro was a design firm first.

robot said:
Picked up the same set last month (in white as well). Really awesome headphones though the wiring gets a little confusing when you add the microphone...at least to me at first. I noticed they just came out with a Peace Walker edition in silver but the white ones are still nicer, may wind up getting some new art for the sides soon.
Cool, I definitely agree that the white is the classiest looking of the available finishes. And yeah, the amount of wires the headset comes with... pretty daunting. :lol

If you do decide to get custom tags, I'd love to see some pics of how they come out. Thinking about getting art for the A30s as well - hell, I wouldn't mind spending even more money on them because I like 'em so much, heh.

drkOne said:
How are they for portable use?
Mixamp redesign looks hot, is it just and redesign or did they also change the hardware?
They're surprisingly light and really comfortable, so I've had no problems wearing them while walking around campus. Also the inline mic is a great feature if you have a smart phone, calls go through really clearly.

I've only used the current revision of the Mixamp, but I read that the native PS3 and PC support via USB is a new feature. Apparently you had to use a mic adapter for the PS3 and a separate audio cable for the PC before... but with the new Mixamp you can just plug in the USB cable alone - then the PS3 will pick it up like a regular headset and the PC can use it as a sort of USB sound card.

Frester said:
Nah I'm just going to travel. A cousin of mine spent a year there in college and is headed back to teach English and look for a more permanent job. Figured I'd never have another chance to travel with so few obligations (just graduated, no job yet, etc.) and he's living in Shanghai and is fluent in Mandarin...so why not!

Go to Shanghai Expo, once-in-a-lifetime experience. Don't forget to see Polish booth (lol, pimping my country)! Also watch out for girls - Shanghai girls are agressive, pushy, and have bad rep in the rest of China :lol

Not Gaming Related But...

I got this
XCA36.jpg

and this
9jHNF.jpg

Which turned this
zItOK.jpg

into this
L0UVs.jpg

I love having an actual lawn :) The backyard was a horrid mess before.

bonus shot
1qukV.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
2i6zbbk.jpg

Please don't ban me Kagari :(

elektrixx

Banned
I was waiting for more Wii games, but I don't think I'll get them this month.

I also have Super Paper Mario, but unfortunately it's a UK PAL copy and not an AU one so I'm gonna get rid of it. I want my Wii collection to be all Australian!

june2010pickup1.jpg

june2010pickup2.jpg

june2010pickup3.jpg

june2010pickup4.jpg

june2010pickup5.jpg

june2010pickup6.jpg

june2010pickup7.jpg

june2010pickup8.jpg

june2010pickupdlc1.png

june2010pickupdlc2.png

june2010pickupdlc3.png

june2010pickupdlc4.png

june2010pickupdlc5.png

Been a while since I last posted so I'm gonna cheat a bit and show what I got from the last month and a half.

Heavenly Sword used for 5 bucks, LOTR Trilogy Blu-Ray for 30, a new Blackberry Bold 9000 to replace my old phone
n670uc.jpg

Cute Domokun Phone Strap, Sony Noise Canceling Earphones
25zq939.jpg

Domokun Plush, Splinter Cell Conviction
keuikk.jpg

A few Threadless shirts
o9kfet.jpg

Hori screen protector for my DSiXL and a cool solar powered game and watch keychain, both were from Play-Asia
10ndeo8.jpg

WoW BC from clearance, only costed 10 bucks
6eq1yu.jpg

Razer Mouse and Steelseries mousepad in anticipation for Starcraft 2 :D
5btt8z.jpg

SSF4 PS3 and Saget Fightpad, I had to get Saget one, I think its the best artwork of all the fightpads imo
qrlz0p.jpg

Woot finally joined the Gameboy Micro club! This is the US version that I got off eBay
30nk9bq.jpg

Buncha PS3 games, I loved RDR so much I bought 3 copies lol.
2w6tr2e.jpg

ifqy3c.jpg

nwx1n7.jpg

ifqy3c.jpg

And lastly, some mighty muggs that I bought while I was at Toys R Us Times Square NYC. They're now in my display case and look great.
e7l312.jpg

I really gotta spend less next month...

This is part one of my pickup of the month....the other half is being delivered on Tues :D

SAM_0061.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

Blur only 10.00 at best buy with manufacture coupon, and reward zone gamers coupon

Timan

Developer
img_06440cd59.jpg

Been on a rule buying crap this month lol.

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid, traded in my VW Rabbit for it. Thing has so many geeky bits in the interior its crazy.

ngower

4719294054_32bcda0db7_b.jpg

Lazy picture, lazy crop...WHATEVER!

Two Levi's slim straight 514 and a really peculiar shirt, and some USA love I bought a while back.

[EDIT] Totally omitted the reason I was going to post...Seagate 500GB To Go for a new Time Machine. AHHH ****!!!!

elektrixx

Banned
Even though I already have Super, I bought this just so I could have a more complete collection!

june2010pickup9.jpg

In case I like Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days I'll be covered and have a more complete collection!

june2010pickup11.jpg

My copy of Forza 2 is the bundled copy with Viva Pinata. I can't have that, so I've rebought it so I have a more complete collection!

june2010pickup10.jpg

I think I see a pattern emerging...

atomsk

Party Pooper
finally got enough club nintendo points

37351_406700988725_694538725_4154777_8094446_n.jpg

otherwise this month is super slow (till i get a giant check i'm waiting on)

Top Bottom