• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

Maximus.

ExMachina said:
11bmfmf.jpg

16hr95k.jpg

2jes8ky.jpg

Astro sure likes their fancy packaging...

damn nice! How is this for a headset+headphones? I really want to get it, but don't want to spend money right now :lol

Get ready to have your GAF mind blown!

21l60j6.jpg

Couldn't resist the price point, plus discounts, and related bundles.

Markman, I'm holding you personally responsible if this Madcatz shit breaks! :p

Plan on dual modding it to work with PS3 as well, and drawing penises on all the bad art until I can scrap that nasty shit sticker off...

AkIRA_22

Got a Samsung 3D LED LCD TV yesterday.

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00349.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

and the goggles $AU129 (yeah pretty outrageous) but they are rechargeable. They do have that stupid Samsung 'Touch of Colour' bullshit though.

fb8abcf8.jpg

I'll tell you now, it is pretty cool. Super Stardust HD is amazing, Wipeout HD is ok and Pain is shit (who'd have known /sarcasm). Seriously can't wait for GT5 (3D head tracking) and Killzone 3.

I have only watched the 3D test channel we have here in Australia, it is a Free to air broadcast of state of origin and world cup soccer highlights. The Origin is great, with much better depth of field.

The TV's 2D to 3D is OK, but it obviously isn't as good as actual 3D (think Avatar and Clash of the Titans).

The 2D performance of this TV is nothing short of amazing. I put Old Boy and Terminator in on Blu-Ray and they looked SOOOOOOO much better than my Samsung Plasma. Red Dead Redemption looks stunning. Though it does wig out around the map/HUD when galloping.

AkIRA_22 said:
Got a Samsung 3D LED LCD TV yesterday.

and the goggles $AU129 (yeah pretty outrageous) but they are rechargeable. They do have that stupid Samsung 'Touch of Colour' bullshit though.

I'll tell you now, it is pretty cool. Super Stardust HD is amazing, Wipeout HD is ok and Pain is shit (who'd have known /sarcasm). Seriously can't wait for GT5 (3D head tracking) and Killzone 3.

I have only watched the 3D test channel we have here in Australia, it is a Free to air broadcast of state of origin and world cup soccer highlights. The Origin is great, with much better depth of field.

The TV's 2D to 3D is OK, but it obviously isn't as good as actual 3D (think Avatar and Clash of the Titans).

The 2D performance of this TV is nothing short of amazing. I put Old Boy and Terminator in on Blu-Ray and they looked SOOOOOOO much better than my Samsung Plasma. Red Dead Redemption looks stunning. Though it does wig out around the map/HUD when galloping.

SSHD in 3D is insanely good. I was pretty impressed, and if you Cloudy with a chance of meatballs is great in 3D as well. 2D to 3D conversion is one feature I wish panasonic included in the VT series, actually it is what sold me on the Samsung C8000 display first, then the price. Samsungs displays are very, very popular, and honestly with the features, and price point they will kill damn near everyone else sales wise. I ended up going with the Panasonic VT25 though for various reasons.

AkIRA_22

FrankNitty said:
SSHD in 3D is insanely good. I was pretty impressed, and if you Cloudy with a chance of meatballs is great in 3D as well. 2D to 3D conversion is one feature I wish panasonic included in the VT series, actually it is what sold me on the Samsung C8000 display first, then the price. Samsungs displays are very, very popular, and honestly with the features, and price point they will kill damn near everyone else sales wise. I ended up going with the Panasonic VT25 though for various reasons.

I have owned 3 Samsung's now. I'm not at all brand loyal they are just the best for the price point. The record to USB feature for time shifting is fucking genius. And watching Youtube natively on the TV is great too, beats changing to the PS3 or PC, however the quality is better on PS3.

I was waiting for the Panasonic 3D plasma's, but had a deal on this one so I went for it.

NewFresh

Caution June Pick-Up Picture Dump!
100_2335.jpg

Cyanide and Happiness and Empowered are awesome
100_2328.jpg

Finally found Maus I & II for a good price
100_2329.jpg

Some masks form a trip to Italy
100_2331.jpg

Picked these two up at my goodwill and they came with the manuals shown
100_2332.jpg

Some 64 love
100_2319.jpg

100_2322.jpg

Handheld love (Micro was 10$:D )
100_2324.jpg

Games to go along with them, I had never heard of kirby tilt n' tumble
100_2326.jpg

100_2325.jpg

Keeping the TOTD love alive in June (new but was covered in stickers, need to buy alcohol)
100_2333.jpg

100_2327.jpg

Smokey said:
IMG]http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz227/dbswisha/ed7d2743.jpg[/IMG]

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz227/dbswisha/51eba3aa.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz227/dbswisha/508c05f2.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
for $300?
gtfo.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Fraull said:
damn nice! How is this for a headset+headphones? I really want to get it, but don't want to spend money right now :lol
:D The A30s serve multiple functions across a ton of systems really well...

- portable headphones with excellent sound
- positional surround (w/ the Mixamp) and comfortable to wear for extended gaming sessions
- a high quality headset for consoles/computers/smartphones thanks to the attachable boom mic and an inline mic

So yeah, pricey... but considering the A30s' convenience and versatility, I think it was money well spent.

Bii

AcridMeat said:
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/18798/1395924-dsc_0517_super.jpg
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/18798/1395923-dsc_0511_super.jpg
Swan M10

I love 'em. :D

Did those speakers come in stock briefly at that link? I remember checking the site a few times in the past year and I've always seen it out of stock.

Onto my non-video game purchases!

4728589421_20768692f3_b.jpg

Manny Pacquiao "The World Awaits" Tee. Nike. $15.
Saw this for half price at Shiekh. Figured, why not?

4728589997_a764b6d021_b.jpg

Blueberry Sherbet, Basil, Rum Raisin and Strawberry Sorbet. Ici Ice Cream. ~$3 each.
So fuckin' delicious.

4728589637_cc3cda46cb_b.jpg

Filet Mignon Kabob. La Mediterranee. ~$17
For dinner and it's oh-so-good.

My girlfriend made me some mixes and gave me a cd player while I'm on tour shooting photos of a band.
also I bought the orange box for the third time.
Stuff.png

Tmac

Bii said:
Did those speakers come in stock briefly at that link? I remember checking the site a few times in the past year and I've always seen it out of stock.

Onto my non-video game purchases!

4728589421_20768692f3_b.jpg

Manny Pacquiao "The World Awaits" Tee. Nike. $15.
Saw this for half price at Shiekh. Figured, why not?

4728589997_a764b6d021_b.jpg

Blueberry Sherbet, Basil, Rum Raisin and Strawberry Sorbet. Ici Ice Cream. ~$3 each.
So fuckin' delicious.

4728589637_cc3cda46cb_b.jpg

Filet Mignon Kabob. La Mediterranee. ~$17
For dinner and it's oh-so-good.

Whats your camera?

Spookie

I had a couple of hundred spare burning a hole in my pocket this month. Thought I might as well get rid of my ageing 26" Samsung TV (one of those they use to demo the launch 360's on). Finally upgraded to 32"! :D

tomegatherion77

Neo Member
Wazzim said:
Hope you live in Japan.

Please say that you don't but it still works without IP block.

lol, well I do live in Japan., but yeah I knew about the block. There is away around it with the PC version. PM me if you want to know it.

nickdc

Neo Member
Spookie said:

I had a couple of hundred spare burning a hole in my pocket this month. Thought I might as well get rid of my ageing 26" Samsung TV (one of those they use to demo the launch 360's on). Finally upgraded to 32"! :D
32lh3000?
Is it good with xbox 360? :p

Hyphen

spats said:
f45f1077-bfe5-40c1-a0fc-cca4babdc66.jpg

New shoes, loving them so far.

I had a similar pair - After about a month of wearing, they started squeaking with each step I took. Was it the shoes, or my feet? I don't know.

Top Bottom