• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

beje

Banned
No games yet, but I picked this up yesterday:

tn0n2.jpg

- Fila NRK Skates
- Rollerblade backpack

They're awesome compared to the cheap-ass skates I was sporting until now.

Bunny

Pappasman said:
I bought a Wii points card and scratched off 2 of the numbers by accident. I guessed it though and got my 2000 points. Close call :lol

fuckeduppointscard.jpg

lol, the same thing happened to my brother, but he ended up scratching like 90% of the numbers off. come to think of it, i don't think he ever got his money back.

dyonPT

mr stroke said:
where did you find a TG16 in that good of condition? the box looks brand new. How much did it cost you?

I found it in the a portuguese website like ebay :)

It's was 50 euro. Worth the money because of it condiction

UnluckyKate said:
And a new camera (film camera) I found for like 20euros in a outdoor sell. It's pretty awesome:

That's pretty cool. Sony is actually supposedly releasing the first digital Pellix-type camera later this year.

ibu

Alpha_eX said:
Is this Brick Lane Market in London by any chance? I need a new bag, might go down and check it out if it is.
Indeed Brick Lane Market. I am always going there if not for goods for the food.
@Jive Turkey the bag was £40

ngower

4667844004_14eed44a20_b.jpg

4667220967_9f1088e212_b.jpg

Black Keys - Brothers
Jannelle Monae - Archandroid
The Autobiography of Malcolm X as told to Alex Haley
Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1
Morrow Audio M1 Interconnects (thin wires in the background)

The NAD amp I've had for a while, everything else is a purchase.

Bii

basic_element said:
Where'd you get SSF4 for $10?

Someone just PM'd me about this as well. I probably should've clarified it when I first posted my pick-ups.

I got Super Street Fighter IV when it was on sale for $29.99 at Amazon.com. I also had a $20 video game credit from purchasing Super Mario Galaxy 2, thus bringing the game down to $10.

leng jai

Got the PS3 Lightning Edition controller bundle a few days ago. Currently on shaped internet, so I'll only upload the pics if anybody is interested to see them. Just respond if you would like pics

Giant Robot said:
http://i46.tinypic.com/24cb4vo.jpg[IMG]
picked up a Mayhem album on vinyl today during lunch :lol

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/35lw0o7.jpg[IMG]
actually sold these immediately to my co-worker who wanted it. Went with a slight upgrade to the SR-80's[/QUOTE]

what city do you live that a store had a Mayhem album on vinyl?

That is awesome.

Just a few pick-ups. Next game's going to be MGS:pW.

Vibram Five Finger KSOs
IMG_2058.jpg

J. Crew shirt (got it on sale)
IMG_2059.jpg

Nike Hero 'Donovan' shirt
IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

Wired
IMG_2060.jpg

Oreo bars
IMG_2063.jpg

First arrivals of the month. Such a difference in price too - one cost £5 and two cost ~£50 each. Can you guess which? :p

DSC00012.jpg

Also, not pictured, ticket for Ricardo Villalobos in Belfast tonight :D

leng jai said:
Got the PS3 Lightning Edition controller bundle a few days ago. Currently on shaped internet, so I'll only upload the pics if anybody is interested to see them. Just respond if you would like pics
I'd like some pictures.

RiptideX

donkey show said:
@ Frester, grats on the degree!

Stuff from May, but I've been pretty damn busy the past month to really sit down and gather it up for picture time. :lol

2010junepickup01.jpg

Got some stuff from the Nintendo World Store in NYC: Bald Bull Shirt, NWS Shirt, Yoshis, KeyChain Chomp, and SMG2.

2010junepickup02.jpg

Had to satiate my mecha need: HG 1/144 Gundam Astraea Type F2, HG 1/144 O Gundam, Revoltech EVA-05

2010junepickup03.jpg

Lost Planet 2, Macally iPad Case/Stand, and the iPad Camera Kit

2010junepickup04.jpg

The Bell & Ross BR 01 Airborne Talisman watch. I love this thing. :D

2010junepickup05.jpg

And this little grant for a proposal I'm currently working on in bringing education through gaming. I love you Media Molecule. <3

OMG Bro that watch is awesome..
Did you pay like 5-7k for it? Or is it a replica or what?
I have coveted that watch since I saw it in Vegas

ibu

LTTP I know... but sick of playing my mates copy of this, which has had the code redeemed and I can only go on certain maps. So hey GAF here I am... since MAG has long since died it seems. *Looks at MAG, sheds a tear... wipes and gets on with life*

16asm8o.jpg

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Frester said:
These are all from May but I never got around to posting last month
SMPpresentation001OK.jpg
Wow. How many pages? Was this a history senior research class? My thesis paper was only 16pgs. :(

careksims

IMG_0952a.jpg

What a haul. The figure was under $20(Normally it's around $70) What a steal! Also the game was $11? So why not. Bikini girls and zombies.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Decided to go prowling a few used game shops downtown the other day and for about eight bucks came away with these:

653jom.jpg

Highway Star (also known as Rad Racer) and Tecmo Super Bowl, still has the manual and the poster with "all 28 NFL teams" totally crispy and fresh!

Anth0ny

Okay, so May was one hell of a month. This is mostly due to Kinokuniya Bookstore in NYC (NYC vacation was awesome!) and Anime North in Toronto last weekend. Let's get started.

wu4Dyh.jpg

PS3 TE Stick Round 2- ~$160 CAD

Fucking beautiful. I love it.

oNErdh.jpg

One Piece Volumes- $5 a pop

5 dollar manga at Anime North. What can I say, I went off :lol

NtU46h.jpg

Various guidebooks/magazines- $10 each/$4 each

Those magazines are hard to find even online, let alone at that price. Very cool items.

m50uGh.jpg

STRONG WORLD Artbook- $18
Dragon Ball 12- $4
EGM- $6

More Kino pickups, and the new EGM! I have yet to see it in Canada, unfortunately.

y9msf.jpg

Galaxy 2- $49.99
Galaxy 2/Pokemon Black and White mag- $11
Super Mario Bros 3- $4.99

Obvious pickup is obvious. And I found Mario 3 at Anime North for cheap, so why not?

kFy46h.jpg

Pokemon Emerald- $20
LTTP/4 Swords- $10
MGS3 Subsistence- $20 (first disc not pictured)
Evangelion Complete series- $60

So I found an awesome Gamestop in NYC, and picked up some games. I never owned Emerald, so I decided now was the time. Also never finished LTTP, so this fucker has been in my Micro since I picked it up. Loving it!

I picked up the MGS trilogy boxset last year, but Subsistence didn't come with the second disc. Major bummer. Now that I have it, I can finally play MG1 and MG2. Been looking forward to this for a long time :D

Finally, Evangelion. Found it for a great price at AN and picked it up. I've never watched the show, but have only heard great things, so I've decided to give it a view.

WHEW. Better take it easy with the spending now.

Frester

Vox-Pop said:
Wow. How many pages? Was this a history senior research class? My thesis paper was only 16pgs. :(

Yup. Well, not a class. At my school (or should I say former school!) every student, regardless of major, can opt to do a yearlong independent study with one professor who knows the most about the suggested topic in place of additional upper level classes. At the beginning of the year my advisor told me anywhere from 50-85 pages when others were saying 30-60, and as I got further and further into the writing process she told me just to keep it under 100. Ended up with 95 after some severe editing :lol

Picked up a Hauppauge HD PVR for recording gameplay from my favorite games and such.

Here are the first few videos I made using the capture device:

Ridge Racer Turbo Mode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqZKIz5nQEc

Modern Warfare 2 "Crowded Skies" Montage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU45trnGwXM

35ia8vt.jpg

The sucker puts out amazing high framerate captures. What you see in-game is what can be captured in a large video file. Youtube doesn't do it justice, my files had to be dumbed down to fit on their site.

WEGGLES said:
Are these as comfy as everyone says? Seen them all over the place.
Extremely. I already have a habit of walking on the balls of my foot so the transition wasn't that bad.

That said, the true test will be when I walk around Disneyland. :lol

Pezking

My pick-ups over the last few weeks:

29xhpib.jpg

Some older games.

6t0ldi.jpg

I can finally play a "Sakura Wars"-game without printing out hundreds of pages with the translation guide!

53tocw.jpg

Just Cause 2 LE + SSFIV

wwg3yw.jpg

DEUTSCHLAAAAAAND, DEUTSCHLAAAAAAAND....

2hn9pqh.jpg

Reading material.

19rrf8.jpg

Didn't dare to buy this game without the guide. :lol

vwyj9d.jpg

Already finished this. Great game.

503xuf.jpg

NIER for cheap, and I still have hope for AP.

And finally, I had this in the mail today:

2lvehp0.jpg

s4umnm.jpg

keuu0z.jpg

Glad I put this game on hold after having only played about 16 hours.
I'm so happy that I can now play this with japanese voiceovers...I think I start again from the beginning (even though the chinese version is compatible with my european save files).

pahamrick

Finally picked up my first Blu-Ray player and Blu-Ray movie.
24zvm02.jpg

v74gth.jpg

My camera didn't seem to like the Event Horizon cover, though. No matter where I tried to take the photo or what I did, it always came out blurry.

Top Bottom