• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

Pezking

Karram said:
154vl9f.jpg

Incredibly cute dog!

Is this a Golden Retriever?

Ours will be 9 months old next week. Can't imagine our lives without her anymore.

Vortex566

Auron_Kale said:
Just a few pick-ups. Next game's going to be MGS:pW.

Vibram Five Finger KSOs
IMG_2058.jpg

What do you use these for? I've been looking at them for a while now, but unsure how well they perform. I'm a marathon runner if it helps.

Schlep said:
Wish I could use the phone to take a pic of itself. Crappy iPhone 3G pic. :lol

HTC Evo 4G

htcevo.jpg

Very very nice, I'm seriously thinking about moving from my Tmobile HD2 to this, the EVO is a beast...

Vortex566 said:
What do you use these for? I've been looking at them for a while now, but unsure how well they perform. I'm a marathon runner if it helps.

I personally will be using them for rock climbing, some light running, and regular exercise at the gym.

My co-worker uses his for track and field training and for his half-marathon training. He says that it's lessened the pain and pressure in his knees (he has knee problems).

maskrider said:
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro

2010jun-hd380.jpg

How are the HD 380 headphones? I just got a pair of HD 595s and since they are open air phones, I was thinking of picking up another pair that I can use in public.

Tomasooie

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

DSCN2427.jpg

DSCN2428.jpg

DSCN2429.jpg

DSCN2430.jpg

DSCN2431.jpg

A great set of games -- ruined -- all because the seller went with shitty packaging, but first-class shipping. What the fuck.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I finally got around to buying some Disgaea 3 dlc. I bought the dragon and nekomata classes, plus all the characters from disgaea 1 & 2 (just finished playing through them both).

d3dlc22.jpg

d3dlc12.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
Tomasooie said:
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

A great set of games -- ruined -- all because the seller went with shitty packaging, but first-class shipping. What the fuck.

I'd file a paypal claim.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
ngower said:
I wouldn't trust the Expedit without adding some additional strength.
If you follow the rules, it shouldn't break. I've never had a problem with any Ikea product.

ngower

Vox-Pop said:
If you follow the rules, it shouldn't break. I've never had a problem with any Ikea product.

I had an Expedit, and it was alright, in fact I sold it to my sister (actually, I think I just gave it to her) and she has used it fine. I would never trust my records with it, however. I've bought the Gorm IKEA storage and it's fine. I like IKEA, I just don't trust particle board and I've heard bad things about the Expedit as a record shelf (despite it's amazing dimensions).

WEGGLES

ngower said:
I wouldn't trust the Expedit without adding some additional strength.
All sorts of people online say they use Expedit for their records with no issues. Manual says 30Lbs/shelf so it shouldn't be a problem really. And So far all the heavy stuff is on the bottom which.... HOPEFULLY doesn't collapse.

LiK

Tomasooie said:
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

the liner art looks fine. good thing those cases can be replaced if you're willing to look for them.

maskrider

Synth_floyd said:
How are the HD 380 headphones? I just got a pair of HD 595s and since they are open air phones, I was thinking of picking up another pair that I can use in public.

The sealing is ok, for sure you still can hear attenuated noise from outside. Sounds neutral, with enough clean bass for me.

I don't like the coiled cable, and you need to wear it at its sweet spot to get the best sound quality, a bit of leak will deteriorate the quality a lot.

Haven't listened to HD595s, had HD600 w/ EarMax Pro before but was 4-5 years ago.

PEZIX

Banned
glaurung said:

Quick question here.. umm why the hell does your gundam need scopes on the top of his shoulder cannons? :lol you'd think they would just have enhanced zoom on his eyes or sumtin.. its like hes enhance zooming his inhanced zoom.. fucker must be targeting like.. well Idk shit on the moon or somethin...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Tomasooie said:
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

Sure it sucks but... am I wrong... all of the damage is on stock PS2 cases?

If so... pfft. You can replace the cases like it was nothing. If the discs, manuals or cover insert were ruined, then I'd be sad with you, but replaceable cases? Big deal ;)

EDIT: You will probably need to find a 2-disc PS2 game for MGS1. The normal PS2 cases don't have the grip for the second disc holder. Think of games with demo discs for the most part: RE: Code Veronica X with DMC1 demo, ZOE1 with MGS2 demo, DMC2 (has 2-discs always), Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams (2-disc), MGS3 Substance (had 2-disc always)... etc.

I didn't "pick this up" but I spent a week here:
IMG_0502.jpg

I bought all these books for the flight and to read while on vacation:
IMG_0505.jpg

And I got this stuff:
IMG_0503.jpg

I'm hoping to remedy the fact that the shrink wrap is still on Red Dead and Alan Wake. I'm debating which one I want to start first.

isny

napkin dispenser
BocoDragon said:

If so... pfft. You can replace the cases like it was nothing. If the discs, manuals or cover insert were ruined, then I'd be sad with you, but replaceable cases? Big deal ;)

EDIT: You will probably need to find a 2-disc PS2 game for MGS1. The normal PS2 cases don't have the grip for the second disc holder. Think of games with demo discs for the most part: RE: Code Veronica X with DMC1 demo, ZOE1 with MGS2 demo, DMC2 (has 2-discs always), Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams (2-disc), MGS3 Substance (had 2-disc always)... etc.

I have an extra one of these if he needs one. Just PM me. (I replace the cases with most used PS2 games I buy, including the ones with demos...something nice about a shiny case!)

masterkajo

Maklershed said:
And I got this stuff:
IMG_0503.jpg

I'm hoping to remedy the fact that the shrink wrap is still on Red Dead and Alan Wake. I'm debating which one I want to start first.
Go with Remendy's ... :D

Deadly

Pezking said:
And finally, I had this in the mail today:

2lvehp0.jpg

Glad I put this game on hold after having only played about 16 hours.
I'm so happy that I can now play this with japanese voiceovers...I think I start again from the beginning (even though the chinese version is compatible with my european save files).
Where did you buy this?

Tomasooie

BocoDragon said:

Well the damage is mostly on the cases, but a bit of the back of the art on MGS1 is roughed up (third photo) and the manuals are bent and torn a smidge on the bottoms. Considering I mostly bought this for Substance and a nice case for MGS1 (already own PS1 MGS, original MGS2, and MGS3 Subsistence), I'll just try for a refund and buy it from someone else. I knew I should've gotten it when Amazon still had them in stock!

New PS3. CECH 2102A!! Hot Canadian deals FTW!!

33e0xuw.jpg

Now to transfer everything from the phatty to the newbie. Haven't turned it on yet.

DTJAAAAM

Got all these at the FanimeCon swap meet. One dollar each since I said I'd take the entire lot! The only one I regret buying is Salamander since it's missing the label.

6-5-shop2.jpg

6-5-shop3.jpg

6-5-shop4.jpg

6-5-shop5.jpg

A few other finds from that swap meet. Man, I wish I could have stayed longer to see what other games popped up!

6-5-shop6.jpg

Stuff from a shop called Santek in San Jose.

6-5-shop1.jpg

My iPhone 3G replacement.

6-5-shop7.jpg

DeVeAn

Tomasooie said:
Well the damage is mostly on the cases, but a bit of the back of the art on MGS1 is roughed up (third photo) and the manuals are bent and torn a smidge on the bottoms. Considering I mostly bought this for Substance and a nice case for MGS1 (already own PS1 MGS, original MGS2, and MGS3 Subsistence), I'll just try for a refund and buy it from someone else. I knew I should've gotten it when Amazon still had them in stock!
My local Wal-Mart has the Collection Brand new for $19.82. They have a few of them too.

Upgraded to an EVO on Friday. It completely destroys my old TP2 with WinMo on it, no comparison. The battery life seems a little less than my TP2, but I was using it constantly, which probably drained the battery.

06-2010-2.jpg

Picked up Hexyz Force at a local store, since none of the Gamestops got any copies in. Oracle of Ages came from Goozex, but too bad the trader just stuck it in a padded envelope, because it is pretty smashed up. (The picture was taken by the EVO, not too bad for a phone camera)

06-2010-1.jpg

bkw

user friendly said:
New PS3. CECH 2102A!! Hot Canadian deals FTW!!
Now to transfer everything from the phatty to the newbie. Haven't turned it on yet.
Hmmm.... Netflix on a Canadian PS3? Is there actually anything worth streaming in Canada?

Smokey

8202fc44.jpg

Got an EVO on Friday. This pic was taken with the EVO itself. Coming from the awful Cliq on Tmobile this thing is so fucking good. So good. I can't get over how smooth everything is and the screen..oh the screen :O.

Only negative for me so far is battery life. Not the best but I bought a car charger just for this reason so I'll always have charger nearby.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Smokey said:
8202fc44.jpg

Got an EVO on Friday. This pic was taken with the EVO itself. Coming from the awful Cliq on Tmobile this thing is so fucking good. So good. I can't get over how smooth everything is and the screen..oh the screen :O.

Only negative for me so far is battery life. Not the best but I bought a car charger just for this reason so I'll always have charger nearby.
How bad is the battery life?

Smokey

Earlier today it drained in 4 hrs, 10 minutes.

Maybe I have something running that I don't know about. Over in the EVO OT people posted that there's lasted 2 -3x longer. Then again I was using it quite a bit during that 4 hr period.

Top Bottom