• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

John Blade

My wife and friends conspired to give this to me for my 50th birthday a few days back...

5qjM0.jpg

yPOxQ.jpg

Man....I have good fond memories with that arcade game. So many coins I spend on playing this game.

Me and my bro are going to eat bad food, play NES classics and stay up aaaaaall night, just like back in the day. Maximum radness, dudes.

There is nothing that has ever been discussed on this forum or shown in this thread that tops that. That is really the essence of gaming.

I hope to do that again soon.

Quick

Banned
My birthday was last Tuesday, so I decided to finally splurge and get my first tattoo!

IMG_0770-1.jpg

The Pepsi circle (yes, I know it's supposed to be a baseball) inside the mitt is a bit off, unless there's some kind of bump on your arm or how the picture was taken that's made it look like that. The logo outline also doesn't look evened up.

However, good choice of logo. Vintage Brewers logo is pretty cool.

Apath

ENsvTl.jpg

Ordered the mini basketball hoop off of Amazon for $28. Pretty awesome being able to suck at basketball from the comfort of my own bed. Also came with a 5" mini basketball.

SlRVVl.jpg

Classy as fuck. I've been wanting a Gameboy Micro for a few years now, specifically the Famicom edition. I've been "borrowing" my friend's little sister's Micro, so it'll be nice to actually have one of my own. My girlfriend also gave me her old copy of Fire Red, so I'm good to go. Unlike a lot of you lucky bastards, I had to shell out 65+ bucks after winning an ebay auction, which is still cheap from what I've been able to find. Auction also came with Golden Sun and Pacman, which was a nice bonus.

LCfCUl.jpg

It's nice to finally have an online competitive shooter experience on a handheld. I'm enjoying it quite a bit despite its flaws.

Souther

Banned
would you mind telling us where you found that? I would like one for MVS games mainly. I took a quick look on ebay and there were quite a few superguns listed. any recommendations?

He builds them. I asked him and he built me one.

Look up user "RGB" on Shmups.system11.org or Famicomworld.com

Should be able to make you one.

The Pepsi circle (yes, I know it's supposed to be a baseball) inside the mitt is a bit off, unless there's some kind of bump on your arm or how the picture was taken that's made it look like that. The logo outline also doesn't look evened up.

However, good choice of logo. Vintage Brewers logo is pretty cool.

I compared the tattoo with the true logo and the only thing I find off with it is the lace inside the ball. Positioning is a little off. The black outlining is actually stencil that hasn't yet washed off. I may be being too gentle with hygienic protocol. I'm plenty happy with it though.

Quick

Banned
I compared the tattoo with the true logo and the only thing I find off with it is the lace inside the ball. Positioning is a little off. The black outlining is actually stencil that hasn't yet washed off. I may be being too gentle with hygienic protocol. I'm plenty happy with it though.

Overall, cool tat. I'm too chicken to get one. :lol

Had a gift card to best buy, decided to pick up some Blu Rays in metal cases, only $10 each. Thought they looked kinda cool.

nb6fl.jpg
5xpI2.jpg

Steelbooks and Iron Packs are cool, but they dent and scratch very easily. Some of mine have a dent or two.

Gila

Steelbooks and Iron Packs are cool, but they dent and scratch very easily. Some of mine have a dent or two.

You must get unlucky then, I have quite a bit and only 1 or 2 have dents (and that was through shipping) otherwise not even a scratch

but then again I am very careful

Nisa65

Got a new 3D LED TV after moving out of my cardboard box sized apartment to somewhere considerably bigger. Got it cheap due to it being an ex-display model. Wasn't fussed about the fact it's 3D but what I've played in 3D so far has been rather nice.
P1010136.jpg

Also Picked up Mushihimesama, Dragon's Dogma, Otomedius X, Code of Princess and the Beatmania IIDX Lincle OST as well as digital versions of SOTC/ICO HD and RE4/CV HD.
P1010148.jpg

Amagon

Got a new 3D LED TV after moving out of my cardboard box sized apartment to somewhere considerably bigger. Got it cheap due to it being an ex-display model. Wasn't fussed about the fact it's 3D but what I've played in 3D so far has been rather nice.
P1010136.jpg

That screen looks crazy beautiful! What model is that?

Souther

Banned
P1010136.jpg

Also Picked up Mushihimesama, Dragon's Dogma, Otomedius X, Code of Princess and the Beatmania IIDX Lincle OST as well as digital versions of SOTC/ICO HD and RE4/CV HD

I'm assuming you will be buying SRW for the PS3 when it's released this winter? It would look pretty amazing on that TV.

Nisa65

That screen looks crazy beautiful! What model is that?

The model number is LW5700. Mines is the 32" model. I'm not sure if it's an Asia only model as I could only get links to Asian sites when looking for info on it before I bought it.

Haven't watched any Blu Rays yet but games look nice enough on it.

My first post in thee thread after years of lurking......

Eye was £5 in a Charity shop. Walked round the corner and Blockbuster were having a closing sale so everyting else was 70% off the marked prince. £50 the lot.
gvXGc.jpg

My haul form the Lego store yesterday, 15% off everything.
0o2P2.jpg

John Blade

Just got myself two stuff this month.

Hori Gameboy Player Controller - $5 Dollars
DSCN9925.jpg

Radiant Historia -$ 8.89 Dollars after trade in
DSCN9926.jpg

thebeeks

Banned
jnQqe.jpg

I've been looking for Harvest Moon for a good 3+ years now. Coulda caved in and grabbed a copy on ebay for $100, but I figured I'd find a local copy eventually. Finally found a copy yesterday at a used games/movies store for $50. The label is a little scuffed, but I don't even care.

Conker was just icing on the cake.

Quick couple pick-ups.

New Wallet. Old leather one was about 10 years old, so I figured I'd go with something a little more colorful.
vhySu.jpg

Nice.
NwWnw.jpg

Amazon Sale.
RPzGo.jpg

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
a package was supposed to arrive before this one but looks to have some error i gotta call usps to work it out anyway

Wire Head (One of the best worst fmv games ever for Sega CD), Zelda Four Swords Adventure (GC)
wirehead4swords.jpg

tha_devil

I have my most amazing pick up ever. I set out advertisements on dutch gaming forums for the uncharted kit, giving 350 euro for it. I get contacted by a guy that has it, he says he doesnt want so much for it and he sell it to me for 100 euro. I mean who the fuck does that, so i think maybe its a little fishy, but what the hell i take the chance. But i receive the kit perfect today! So happy!

uZhThl.jpg

6RyuPl.jpg

mfwUHl.jpg

aK8l9l.jpg

I didnt even know this kit was numbered, but apparently mine is 4133, which surprise me because it is hard to find, and of other sony press kit are less made (for instance infamous has 2800).

Ghost Recon, better pic, together with australian CE.
kKsyGl.jpg

And Resident Evil RC CE:
MYJtbl.jpg

Rich!

I would post a photo but I really cannot be fucked.

I picked up about 20 terrible scratches to my otherwise immaculate car, and a huge fucking dent after driving into my grandparent's drive and catching my car's left side on the left pillar at the entrance earlier.

I don't even know how I did it - I've driven into their drive HUNDREDS of times before. ahhghg

£500 bill from my local workshop to fix it. fuck. I had better get that tax refund :(

Smokey

Did a "refresh" on my PC for 2012. Replacing 2x GTX 580s with a 690. Replacing my Asus 23'' 3D monitor with a Dell U3011. Pics below:

EVGA Signature GTX 690:
DSC_0707.jpg

DSC_0708.jpg

DSC_0709.jpg

DSC_0717.jpg

Dell U3011 - Resolution of 2560x1600
DSC_0713.jpg

DSC_0718.jpg

DSC_0721.jpg

Don't have the 690 installed yet. I've been running the U3011 off the 580s which still run the major games I've tried at 60fps at 1600p, which is the max the monitor can show anyways. The monitor is freaking amazing. The colors man, the colors.

Top Bottom