• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Not gaming goods. But maybe you can relate it to GT 5???

aqKnR.jpg

Hold on, I need to pick my jaw back up from the desk.

auto or manual?

jbueno

^ Awesome poster.

I bought my copy in May, but I just got it in my hands today. So good, but looks like crap on my 1080p Asus monitor through VGA. Will try it on a CRT later.

t2gCBl.jpg

Smokey

whow. $1000 GPU and $1300 monitor? nice, man! $$$$$

I am selling my 580s. Already have a buyer for one and am working on the other. If those sell for what I'm asking it will come out to a difference of $250 or so for the 690. Also have a potential buyer in my 3D monitor so that would help some too. Felt I had to get off of 1080p to let my GPUs shine.

Final pic of it in my case:

DSC_0724.jpg

Cypher

Games galore!

Diablo III: Collector's Edition (PC)

DSC03328.jpg

Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland – Limited Edition Grand Finale Set (PS3)

DSC03780.jpg

Dragon's Dogma + Official Strategy Guide (360)

DSC03788.jpg

I am selling my 580s. Already have a buyer for one and am working on the other. If those sell for what I'm asking it will come out to a difference of $250 or so for the 690. Also have a potential buyer in my 3D monitor so that would help some too. Felt I had to get off of 1080p to let my GPUs shine.

Final pic of it in my case:

DSC_0724.jpg

Waited a long time for this, but to summarize a quote from you couple of months back:

Smokey said:
I'm content with my 580's. I'm done upgrading my PC for now. I probably won't be upgrading anytime soon.

So now time for me to be petty and jealous, and say I told you so.

I told you so. :D *I'm really jealous and it looks awesome* congrats.

Smokey

Waited a long time for this, but to summarize a quote from you couple of months back:

So now time for me to be petty and jealous, and say I told you so.

I told you so. :D *I'm really jealous and it looks awesome* congrats.

oh my god LOL

I held out as long as I could, but with the gk110 not even hitting this year went ahead and made the jump. 690 is an amazing card and my office area is SO much cooler than it was with the 580s. Right now I don't even need to overclock it since just about every game runs at max settings @ 2560x1600, 60fps. I'm limited at 60 anyway because of the monitor.

Thanks for compliments, and you really did make me lol with that quote. Also funny how I pretty much said the same thing 3 different ways in the quote. Was really trying to reason with myself to not do it lol :p

Nice card, kinda surprised there's no backplate..

You and a lot of other people. Most expensive card in their lineup, no backplate. Buy standard 680, can get the backplate. Logic, where is it.

Damn, I have Miranda coming on Monday - looks like I'm going to have to do some work on her. I was already planning on redoing the white outfit because the wash they put on it just makes it look dirty.

What do you think of the rest?

Much easier to sculpt aliens than people. I really like how everyone else turned out. Worth a pick up.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
didnt think it was coming because this kept coming up on the online tracker with "Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office." but guess it was just a error with the tracker anyway

Genesis: Fatal Labyrinth, Mystic Defender
fataldefender.jpg

Jurassic Park (Genesis), Bomberman Generation (GC)
jurassicparkgenerations.jpg

GC: Custom Robo, Chibi-Robo!
customchibi.jpg

and still got these on the way no idea where to put it all
Super Nintendo / Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Nintendo / NES / Mighty Bomb Jack
Nintendo / NES / Battle Chess
Playstation / Parappa the Rapper
GameCube / Bomberman Jetters
GameCube / F Zero GX
GameCube / Warioware Inc
GameCube / Billy Hatcher
Nintendo / NES / Guardian Legend
Nintendo / NES / Astyanax
Nintendo / NES / Dragon Spirit
Nintendo / NES / Mafat Conspiracy
Nintendo / NES / Pac Man (Tengen)

Dave Long

Banned
didnt think it was coming because this kept coming up on the online tracker with "Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office." but guess it was just a error with the tracker anyway

Genesis: Fatal Labyrinth, Mystic Defender
fataldefender.jpg

Jurassic Park (Genesis), Bomberman Generation (GC)
jurassicparkgenerations.jpg

GC: Custom Robo, Chibi-Robo!
customchibi.jpg

and still got these on the way no idea where to put it all
Super Nintendo / Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Nintendo / NES / Mighty Bomb Jack
Nintendo / NES / Battle Chess
Playstation / Parappa the Rapper
GameCube / Bomberman Jetters
GameCube / F Zero GX
GameCube / Warioware Inc
GameCube / Billy Hatcher
Nintendo / NES / Guardian Legend
Nintendo / NES / Astyanax
Nintendo / NES / Dragon Spirit
Nintendo / NES / Mafat Conspiracy
Nintendo / NES / Pac Man (Tengen)
I've been enjoying your posts. Curious if you're just restocking a collection you once had or are playing all these for the first time?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I've been enjoying your posts. Curious if you're just restocking a collection you once had or are playing all these for the first time?

have to replace everything i had i used to have a pretty big collection but had to sell off everything for financial reasons during last gen era but now that i have a steady job ive just been rebuilding my collection usually buy something every day now its pretty great

plc268

Got me another SSD that I will exclusively use for games.

7160040555_3e7d0cfc2e_z.jpg

And saw these Oreos at the store yesterday, had to give them a try. They're pretty damn good...

7160043169_23fd234057_z.jpg

Oh, and picked up this keyboard. It's backlit (blue) and chiclet style. It's not bad, but not as quiet as my old logitech illuminated keyboard.

6969721968_8937a21cc2_z.jpg

Dave Long

Banned
have to replace everything i had i used to have a pretty big collection but had to sell off everything for financial reasons during last gen era but now that i have a steady job ive just been rebuilding my collection usually buy something every day now its pretty great
Ah... very cool. So using eBay mainly or other options also?

I've rebuilt my collection over the last five years or so as well having gone through a phase where I was using a lot of sales to finance new games instead. I may be selling some soon, but when I see posts like yours, then it makes me want to hold onto everything. lol!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Ah... very cool. So using eBay mainly or other options also?

I've rebuilt my collection over the last five years or so as well having gone through a phase where I was using a lot of sales to finance new games instead. I may be selling some soon, but when I see posts like yours, then it makes me want to hold onto everything. lol!

i use estarland mostly or hit up a yard sale or sometimes thrift stores and as for selling your stuff id think hard about it if you have something rare or hard to come by you might regret selling it later on

Niiiice :) I was sick of waiting for the 86 so I picked up a Veloster instead. I'll be trading in for the 86 at the end of the year.

The wait was maddening. I was close to caving on more than one occasion. But the wait was worth it.

For those asking for a review.........

Review

If God were a car, he would be an FRS.

The end.

Thank you.

John Blade

Just got myself another game stuff from this month (might be the last one for a long while).

GameCube system Bundle - $25 Dollars
DSCN9927.jpg

1 GameCube system (Sliver)
All the necessary part for the system (power cable, video cable)
1 Wired controller
1 WaveBird controller
1 Memory Card
1 Additional Video Cable

More pick-ups!

I starting drinking coffee again so:
yj0bl.jpg

I needed the proper receptacle!
F52i6.jpg

Amazon sale:
qCWIS.jpg

Also I finally bought a tripod for my camera, not pictured...

iNvid02

i really should have took a pic, this is possibly the lamest pickup shot here but i just shoved this thing straight into the pc when i got it

D76ht.png

MG310

A model of the very model of a Scientist Salarian. Miranda is kinda meh - face seems a bit pinched and smaller than it should be plus her head and hair are one solid piece. Mordin is pretty nice though.

DSCN1859.jpg

DSCN1861.jpg

LiK

A model of the very model of a Scientist Salarian. Miranda is kinda meh - face seems a bit pinched and smaller than it should be plus her head and hair are one solid piece. Mordin is pretty nice though.

DSCN1859.jpg

omg, my set is coming soon and Miranda looks hideous. the quality looks even worse than series 1.

MG310

Yeah, they put a pretty bad black wash on her that makes her entire outfit look dirty. That pic is after I put a coat of white over it. Sadly Mordin's jacket has it too.Future clothing should be as pristine looking as possible so a wash wasn't the answer.

Wish they would have spent less time with the wash and more time matching the great skin color Miranda has on her face on her chest/neck - it's super pink from painting over the white body color.

Drame

aHnkr.jpg

Late to the 3DS party, but better late than never. Grabbed used Ambassador 3DS for cheap.

Also, putting my Project Diva wrist strap in good use. It's like made for the system.

Jucksalbe

Banned
aHnkr.jpg

Late to the 3DS party, but better late than never. Grabbed used Ambassador 3DS for cheap.

Did they change the design of the 3DS a little bit? My 3DS (launch console) doesn't have those little indentations (is that the right word?) around the cameras.

Top Bottom