• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

jbueno

Not really a recent pickup, but something I just got a hold of. The most awesome member of this forum, Yes Boss! was kind enough to gift these to me back in January, but it was until now that I got them in my hands. Thanks a lot man!

CQ2mZJkl.jpg

Rafy

Me and my girlfriend just signed a lease for an apartment, we are moving in september 1st.
here is a picture she took when we went to see it. All the stuff in there is from the couple living there before us.

The_Monk

Finally some time to update, got The Last of Us pre-order on the PSN and been playing that since it came out. One of the best games I've played.

dHHLkRkl.jpg

Went on a Two day trip with the lady to escape the stress. We also went to a Spa treatment for two. The price was decent considering economy is difficult in here. We had the Spa and Sauna just for ourselves.
:p

kuXzJWFl.jpg

toSBKsPl.jpg

Then, she decided to give me those when she went shopping with her sister because, you know, videogames:

492cNQ5l.jpg

YNHwmRbl.jpg

And look and behold!

fgxukQVl.jpg

The glow in the dark. Ah!

Beck

One of my biggest months yet:

Flight to LA (+ UFC 161 Tickets)
tdBAOU8l.jpg

Stuff from E3
MkVdBTkl.jpg

KpqJXzfl.jpg

The Last of Us
AZSpNyzl.jpg

New Mouse and Mousepad
nJAUH93l.jpg

And of course, the biggest one of them all... my BSc (which I still need to get framed)
sf2pWz3l.jpg

Gameboy415

Stuff from the last few weeks:

Found all of these a Half-Price books.
I've been looking for this specific edition of Wicked/Son of a Witch for a while so I was VERY happy to finally find it, same with the Xenosaga III guide (I now have all 3 :) ).
I found the Simpsons trades on clearance - I'd eventually love to get all of em!

I scooped up all but one of these movies on sale on Amazon.
All of the animated movies were $4.99 each, Rocko was $14.99, JP3D was ~$22, and The Thing was $9.
I found the Star Wars: Clone Wars film (with a cool lenticular slipcover!) at Half-Price Books.

I got Animal Crossing from NewEgg (and have been playing every day since, haha), I found The Thing for PS2 for $3 at Savers, and got the PS3 USB hub on clearance at Target.

I also ordered The Last of Us via NewEgg's eBay sale which was supposed to be delivered YESTERDAY but it STILL hasn't arrived. :( :( :(

When microsoft announced the new KI for Xbone, I thought to myself "Man I really need to get my own copy of KI Gold and stop mooching off of my friend's cart", especially since I don't plan on getting the new system (yeah I'm aware most of the policies are gone now) and I want something Killer Instinct. So I did just that and bought my own copy today

UHt7nsX.jpg

Bought it from a comic book store out of town today for $20, runs perfectly with no issues.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Bought some stuff on the GOG sale, though I'm not remotely done yet:

ywa9Ayk.jpg

The aforementioned sale was so rad that I shit my pants, so I needed new ones. Cuz you can't just go streaking.

FHMxlyG.jpg

Oh, man. I bought quite a bit this month! lol

Books:
  • Metal Gear Solid - Omnibus. (Haven't read it.)
  • Percy Jackson and The Olympians - Paperback Set. (SO good.)
  • Heroes of Olympus 1-3. (The first one was good, the second one dragged on until the end, the third one is pure awesome.)
  • A music writing book. (It's a wonderful way to keep track of new dwiddles on the bass and such.)

Games:
  • Dot.Hack//Infection.
  • Mario Kart 7.
  • Two copies of Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
  • Housing for my old DS and for a DS Lite.
  • A DS Lite.
  • 3DS Folio Case.
  • Sixaxis PS3 Controller. (For Android. I don't have a PS3 yet.)

Other stuffs:
  • An iHome Bluetooth cube speaker. So cute!
  • An iPod Touch case. (It now looks better, and will stay protected when using it as a preamp.)
  • In A Band: The Pain Years. They were such a righteous band. (Also, free stickers.)
  • Sharpie Pens.

Oh, I also became a business owner because all the cool kids were doing it.
That's the design we're using. It's a fitness-apparel brand called Power Trained. Mostly local.
So, to make these, I bought one of these:
...and it almost burned my hand off. Yay.

Finally?
11 lbs of wood and ridiculously hot tones. I played it at the test site mostly. Neat fact? A music instrument is NOT a security risk on classified testing. Yay.

Goody

Picked these up in the last week or so (plus Black Sigil in the mail). I'm extremely close to 100 games in my DS library. Very desperate to get out there and get to 99 so I can get something special for my 100th game.

Cheddahz

Banned
Is this worth getting? Like you said its expensive and it will never be released here in Aus.
I'm finding it to be a lot of fun, it isn't the easiest game to play (I find that the touch screen notes are easy to hit, but the rear touch notes are hard to hit) and the soundtrack is so far really good (though I do listen to a bunch of anime music, so that might be why). The game also comes with a mode where you can just listen to the music, kinda like a MP3 player, which is a nice addition if you really want to just lay back and listen to all of the catchy songs. I think the game was well worth the $50 I paid for it, but if you still need some more answers, there is a OT for it where you can find more answers

nny

Sigur Rós' Kveikur and Bonus 10''

DSC08578_zps979b04f5.jpg

Games new and old, a new magazine about old games and a new documentary about some old guys:

DSC08579_zps4954edad.jpg

The Kickstarted Doug TenNapel Sketchbook archives, with a bunch of goodies (which include an actual page from one of his sketchbooks and a piece of Catscratch animation production art).

DSC08580_zps47b66b39.jpg

Inside it's signed and has a drawing of The Neverhood's Klaymen (<3 <3)

DSC08581_zps83ab3be9.jpg

GulAtiCa

This came today! Sega SG-1000 II system (Sega's first home system, even before the Master System, one of the models at least). This now brings my console collection up to 21.

Code:
[IMG]http://simimage.com/f/WCm.jpeg[/IMG]

Yes Boss!

Saturday delivery!

Actually comes with one of the better first-print bonus that I've seen...a high quality full 60-minuted OST in a digipack with a very classy silk-screened disc:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Saturday delivery!

Actually comes with one of the better first-print bonus that I've seen...a high quality full 60-minuted OST in a digipack with a very classy silk-screened disc:

If this game doesn't get localized, I'm literally going to kill somebody.

Anyway, today's round of pickups from GOG:

YkmmQzE.png

Just bought the whole pack since I wanted Deus Ex 1, the Thief games, and Anachronox. Only one of those I've actually played before is Deus Ex, which is obviously a classic, but I've heard a lotta good stuff about the others.

Naturally, Invisible War and Daikatana can eat shit. God did those games suck.

Coconut

Banned
Saturday delivery!

I love the cover art. If I didn't know what game this was I'd guess it was a dating sim RPG thing or something.

Yes Boss!

If this game doesn't get localized, I'm literally going to kill somebody.

I thought it already (sorta) got announced for localization? If Kokuga can come over I'm sure this one will. This really does seem to be the 3DS's year where it is kinda talking off in the US.

The sad thing is that it is up on the J-eShop. It would simple to release it here as a digital file if a packaged product can't get out.

In any case, I'm loving the OST. I posted a picture here of the classy looking disc.

Top Bottom