• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

7CP5qG3.png

5.2 acres, flat, and dry. Those last two parts are hard to come by in the Pac NW.

Just passed inspection and appraisal, waiting on final paperwork. First time buying a home.

Wife and horses get most of it, but I am getting the okay to build a 24'x24' shop for PC Projects, LANs, and general nerdiness. F yeah.

This is so awesome, congrats!

jbueno

I´ve seen quite some members around here recently get PCE Duo RX systems, makes me jelly.

I never find deals like this at my locals Gamers store :(

Some pretty good deals around here in DF, though one certainly has to hunt for them. I remember the stores in Monterrey also didn´t have great prices, except for that time a few years back when I bought new copies of both Flower, Sun and Rain and Contact DS for $50 MXN each.

Sagitario

Some pretty good deals around here in DF, though one certainly has to hunt for them. I remember the stores in Monterrey also didn´t have great prices, except for that time a few years back when I bought new copies of both Flower, Sun and Rain and Contact DS for $50 MXN each.

Hahahaha! I did exactly the same here :D
I couldn't pass a deal like that. European versions, right?

jbueno

Hahahaha! I did exactly the same here :D
I couldn't pass a deal like that. European versions, right?

Yup, Euro versions. Fantastic little games even if FSR is not for everyone, personally I loved it and have been on the lookout for a PS2 copy since.

LegendX48

ordered them back on Saturday and got them on Monday

did the foam mod after a couple hours of listening and I'm really loving them so far, well, except for the clamp pressure giving me a headache lol

Most of these purchases are actually from last month and I never got around to taking pictures.
I think I hit an Atlus phase.

fK0M8wM.jpg

Sealed Luminous Arc 2. This was the limited edition one that came with the Luminous Art book. IT WAS REALLY EXPENSIVE so I used my tax return and birthday money to get it.
ht7JfKP.jpg

Luminous Art was sealed as well. I didn't realize that the mailing box was actually not part of the outer box that it was sent in and ripped it open. Turns out it had been sealed since February 2006 as you can see on the sticker. It's okay though, since I didn't open the bag. I'll open this up when I play the game.

vKXy7x4.jpg

Tokyo Beat Down

Pwci9iW.jpg

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2

PzAltWE.jpg

Luminous Arc (the first one wasn't as expensive so I waited a while to save up some and buy it normally)

bndcji2.jpg

Fire Emblem: Awakening
I had a $25 gift card from a few Christmases ago that I never used so I put it toward this.

VBFW35Q.jpg

Asura's Wrath

VMjC46G.jpg

Infamous

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
Went a bit nuts with the lens purchasing last month.

Got a fast 50mm equivalent for my NEX

Which I used to take a pic of my other lens which I got from the canon refurbished store, on a lucky break. The Canon 70-200mm f2.8 II

Then there's the Carry Speed FS-Pro camera sling that I carry it all with.

I used it to replace my generic one, since I didn't trust it with all this gear.

Oh yea the chair is new (and comfy as hell) too

Eww Canon.... Just kidding. I got nothing against you guys. Grats on the red ring. I stay away from the refurb stores for Nikon because it's the same thing about the sales tax. I find that going used is better like going fredmiranda.com and using their buy/sell forums there. I've had good experiences so far buying and selling there. I sold my D90 and D700 along with a few lenses through it.

Those Carry Speed straps make me so uneasy. I read too many stories about them snapping under the weight of a larger body and lens. They have since revised their designs but I still don't trust it. It had to do with the little screw that attaches to the bottom of your body backing itself out so you need Loctite to make it not do that. I went with THIS instead. Very comfortable under the weight of a body and large lens(like my D800 w/ battery grip and the Nikon 70-200 red ring equiv) and totally up to the weight challenge.

My pick ups aren't substantial this month.

Some original Japanese Chirashi posters. The Star Wars one is actually an original from the 70s. Bought them here.

katkombat

Banned
I never find deals like this at my locals Gamers store :(

Neat! Didn't know someone else shopped there (albeit they're in like 4 states I think). Mine has some very good deals, and very bad. I got a Xenosaga Episode 1 strategy guide for $2!
they forgot to ring up my fire emblem awakening as well so i got it for free!

I am gonna go there and trade in a ton of stuff for The Last of Us, a Project X Zone preorder, and/or a Shin Megami Tensei: IV preorder (not sure as its $50...)

This month is gonna be awesome, guys!

Ban Puncher

AaJSWru.jpg

DoDonPachi Saidaioujou Super Limited Edition - Angry
Moe~!
BEES.
DoDonPachi Saidaioujou Limited Edition - May pass on to a mate as I managed to snag the SLE after this had shipped.
Pebble Watch Red - Kickstarter Edition - FINALLY.
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Vita - Don't even have a Vita but was $7 brand new.

Protome

I spent a couple of days helping my Girlfriend's parents clear out their attic. We barely got even a sixth of the stuff out of there, but amongst it they found this and said I could have it as payment.

tumblr_mnzgorbcEt1qas784o1_500.jpg

They also said there's a NES console and a couple more games in there, and when they're found I can have them also. Totally makes up for me being incredibly sick from all the dust and germs from in there.

Some recent pick ups.

forgot to include Lumines for the Vita that i snagged for $10 on sale from... somewhere, i don't recall haha (i think the source).

I actually already own Teleboxer, but not in box. That and Red Alarm are complete.

Though my Virtual boy is giving me some really odd image issues at the moment.

EDIT: and people thought i was crazy for owning two virtual boys, back up virtual boy is working like a dream despite being in its box for a decade!

Finally got two PSOne games on Monday, after customs (or DHL) had them for almost three weeks:
Zafq5Ex.jpg

Fear Effect (US PSOne)
Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix (US PSOne)
The Rose of Versailles (US DVD)

Had to change the casing of both Fear Effect copies, because the old ones were broken.
Bought The Rose of Versailles a second time, because I wanted the Japanese dub. Still have the German version (with the better opening^^).

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Well I bought a huge lot from a craigslist ad last night. Much of it is non-working game systems that need some fixing (which I can do). Plus there were quite a few games, nothing really major.

Finally got my hands on a Virtual Boy. I've always wanted to play Virtual Boy Wario Land on the real thing. Unfortunately the system has a video issue that'll need fixing, it's a very common issue though and fixable in most cases.

Here are more systems I got:

The 2600 clone and NES Advantage are FILTHY. I don't know if the controller is worth fixing, it goes on the backburner for now. At least 2 of the Super Nintendo's will be an easy fix and the Master System apparently has nothing wrong with it. The GBA SP just has a bad hinge and the GBC has a bad speaker, easy fixes. Most of the other stuff are unknown, but I'll check them out.

And I got a few games too:

Well that's most of them, nothing really special in there. I guess Driver 2 is so nice I get it thrice. I already had Battleclash, but having it boxed is nice. The sealed PS1 game seems worthless.

Here's some other stuff:

I wasn't expecting movies, but whatever. Never heard of a capcom soldier pad, but apparently they go for $15-20 on Ebay, looks uncomfortable. There's even more stuff, but it's mostly useless things like empty boxes and bad controllers.

And with that I'm gonna slow down on buying things for a while. :p

JulianImp

I got a generic component cable and RE:Archives for my Wii, and finally managed to find some DS titles worth buying that weren't expensive as hell (I saw Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, but they had it on "sale" for about ninety dollars, so I obviously didn't take it).

I think I've finally cleared out this games store franchise of all their on-stock games I wanted to get. Two I didn't pick up but still could would be RE:Zero (for Wii and at a slightly inflated price, of course) and Oopona, which I didn't buy because I wasn't sure what to expect from it. They also had two copies of Muramasa: The Demon Blade, but it also was on "sale" for about ninety dollars, so I didn't bite.

By the way, what're GAF's thoughts on Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney? I might be able to get my hands on a copy, and I did like the Miles Edgeworth game demo I tried out at the Wii's Nintendo Channel, but other than that I've never played any Ace Attorney games before, and I fear I might end up enjoying the game less due to missing references to earlier games.

Anyway, I really didn't expect local games stores to have so many interesting titles left in stock for two consoles that have already been replaced by their successors for a while, and it was a pleasant surprise to be proved wrong. There're still many games I'd love to find, but I guess the chances of coming across one are next to nothing, as we aren't going to get any new shipments of DS or Wii games anymore...

isual

Finally got two PSOne games on Monday, after customs (or DHL) had them for almost three weeks:
Zafq5Ex.jpg

Fear Effect (US PSOne)

Had to change the casing of both Fear Effect copies, because the old ones were broken.
Bought The Rose of Versailles a second time, because I wanted the Japanese dub. Still the the German version (with the better opening^^).

nostalgia as fuark on those fear effect games.

hope they get released on NA psn.

dem 4 disks. shietttt.

Zafq5Ex.jpg

Fear Effect (US PSOne)

Bought The Rose of Versailles a second time, because I wanted the Japanese dub. Still have the German version (with the better opening^^).

Dat Fear Effect! I remember those games so good! Played through both of them after borrowing them from a friend back in the day. Fun games!

Ban Puncher

Nothing like a retro package delivery to chase those next-gen blues away.

wdLD2JS.jpg

King of Fighters '94 AES - In kind of rough shape but it was $12 complete and I only got it as collection filler.
King of Fighters '95 AES - Been chasing a good condition copy that wasn't too expensive so $25 fit the bill nicely. Now all I need is 2000, 01 and 03 to have a complete KoF AES set.
Gradius FC - Serious Parodius for serious people.
Takeshi's Challenge FC - $1.50 for the King of Kusoge.

lvlzero

Banned
Some more.

nmErvN1.jpg

and my biggest purchase since 2011..

jjqvxyp.jpg

6crCXjr.jpg

"biggest purchase since 2011? why what was th-"
The house behind it.

Stuart444

Got this in the post today:

The Box:
8977453488_1a3d366040_o.jpg

What the inside of the cases looks like (Series 1 but all 3 series have the same set up with 4 discs:

8976261111_d49f9b4b14_o.jpg

Not the best pictures but my camera had some trouble focusing on them.

On the second episode and it's very interesting. Didn't get to see this when it was on TV here :D

Some more.

nmErvN1.jpg

and my biggest purchase since 2011..

jjqvxyp.jpg

6crCXjr.jpg

"biggest purchase since 2011? why what was th-"
The house behind it.

At first I was all like "I need those shoes"... (Seriously what are they called so that I can scoop up a pair)

...then I scrolled a bit down and...

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So nice...AND the Nismo edition Volks (Rays) are the cherry on top!

Top Bottom