• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

DryvBy

So far:

dZQLbxt.jpg

eS9MJ8R.jpg

0sr9d3a.jpg

Recently rebought a 360 from a coworker after being without one for a few years. Feel pretty good honestly.
One of the first things I did was have to immediately rebuy one of my favorite franchises from last gen (^____^)

So I recently learned that I'm short sighted. Being a megane loving weeaboo that I am, I decided to get myself some anime frames before I even visited an optician. This is the result.

DZdWfLA.jpg

ke25clF.jpg

revejwJ.jpg

EHBC3bP.jpg

Zi8Hd0B.jpg

Made the last one B&W to save having to view eczema. (y)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
sAA6Pxg.jpg

Can't believe how lucky I am. The day I resigned to buy it digitally, I read the news that it got a reprint!

Smokey

75483-Jim-Carrey-OH-COME-ON-gif-ZK0t.gif

Awesome pickup Smokes. Damn. O_O

Holy smokes, that's some serious computing power you've got right there. Nice pick-up. *Walks away in jealousy*

Thanks!

Been a long journey for me. Went from 2x Titans -> 1x Titan -> 2x GT780Ti -> 3x Titan Blacks. In each case I sale the previous cards to help with the price of the new equipment. Right now I can't use all 3 (limited to 2) because I need a new CPU and a motherboard that support 3/4 GPUs. That'll happen when Devils Canyon chips launch at the end of this month.

4k is no joke. My 780Tis did well in the performance area, but the 3GB VRAM quickly became an issue.

Gameboy415

sAA6Pxg.jpg

Can't believe how lucky I am. The day I resigned to buy it digitally, I read the news that it got a reprint!

Awesome, thanks for the heads up! I just ordered a copy myself.:)

xrpiCU4.jpg

-I grabbed House on Blu-Ray while it was on sale and finally got the Castlevania Collection for PS3 (b/c it was cheaper than buying the DLC & PSN game separately).

Uqd23ps.jpg

-My local Target got the Princess Peach AR cards in, I got Pokemon Tetris & Rhythm Thief on eBay, and grabbed Tomodachi Life with a gift card earlier today.

VS4s61s.jpg

-It's real! I tested out a game for every system earlier this evening and everything worked great - very happy with the Retron 5 so far! :)

Xamdou

Anyone here ordered from robotkingdom.com before? I want to preorder Masterpiece Transformer Bunblebee but it's sold out at amiami and hobbylinkjapan.

Gamble

2x EVGA Titan Black SuperClocked
1x EVGA Titan Black SuperClocked Signature

These will be replacing two 780Tis, and running on my 4k monitor. No more VRAM problems!

Bring it Witcher 3!

what the hell do you do for a living....I....I just gotta know

I picked up a Sony PSX DESR-7100 DVR for 500 yen today. Normally I find these things really yellowed, with the warranty stickers, and panels missing. Today I got lucky as my local Hard-Off had 1 5000 model and two 7100 models all in varying levels of disrepair. The odd thing was the sticker, somebody actually tested it and factory reset it. So I figured it was worth a chance and I lucked out good, everything works. The only downer was it didn't come with cables or the remote but I can live without them. It also doesn't have a standard PlayStation video output, but it does have a D terminal, composite, and s-video connectors in the back...

The biggest selling point for this device, the DVR feature, is now useless as analog was ditched back in 2011. It can still be used to record stuff using its line in pass through but it's not HD so why bother? It's an odd bit of tech.

It's a shame free mcboot doesn't fully support it yet, it would be an awesome machine to play my non Japanese games. Oh well, it's nice to look at.

Nice pick-up! How's the sound quality over Bluetooth? I ended up getting a pair of Solo HDs last year, but kind of wish I had gotten these instead. May upgrade at some point...

They are great and i love them.

Sound is great and its pretty nice to not have any wires for a change.

Audiophiles will have something to say, They are great and i really like these headphones.

Battery life is great

Blablurn

I picked up a Sony PSX DESR-7100 DVR for 500 yen today. Normally I find these things really yellowed, with the warranty stickers, and panels missing. Today I got lucky as my local Hard-Off had 1 5000 model and two 7100 models all in varying levels of disrepair. The odd thing was the sticker, somebody actually tested it and factory reset it. So I figured it was worth a chance and I lucked out good, everything works. The only downer was it didn't come with cables or the remote but I can live without them. It also doesn't have a standard PlayStation video output, but it does have a D terminal, component, and s-video connectors in the back...

The biggest selling point for this device, the DVR feature, is now useless as analog was ditched back in 2011. It can still be used to record stuff using its line in pass through but it's not HD so why bother? It's an odd bit of tech.

It's a shame free mcboot doesn't fully support it yet, it would be an awesome machine to play my non Japanese games. Oh well, it's nice to look at.

niiiiice

The LG G3 is brand new. The Google Glass is second hand.

z5DvmDy.jpg

The phone almost has no bezel, love it! 2560 x 1440 screen, with 32GB storage (with microSD card expansion) and 3GB RAM. Got it parallel-imported from South Korea, in which I like very much, coz it came with a desktop charger and a spare battery (2 batteries). Waiting for the QuickCircle case for it to arrive.

Shengar

I picked up a Sony PSX DESR-7100 DVR for 500 yen today. Normally I find these things really yellowed, with the warranty stickers, and panels missing. Today I got lucky as my local Hard-Off had 1 5000 model and two 7100 models all in varying levels of disrepair. The odd thing was the sticker, somebody actually tested it and factory reset it. So I figured it was worth a chance and I lucked out good, everything works. The only downer was it didn't come with cables or the remote but I can live without them. It also doesn't have a standard PlayStation video output, but it does have a D terminal, composite, and s-video connectors in the back...

This thing for 500 yen?! Japan and their crazy second-hand goods price o_O

Released yesterday for NA while leaked early as of last week I believe.

If you're going to go for it, definitely think about ordering online as LEGO stores were burning through their stock pretty swiftly yesterday and business is brisk for other retailers that are carrying it.

Ordered the other day from Amazon! :)

grego9198

Target in Canada had some crazy deals the last two days, WiiU Deluxe $150, 3DS XL $100, so I went splurging and picked up a bunch of stuff.

Also found this guy used in a local store:

Should be set for the summer now.

FreeMcBoot doesn't allow you to boot retail copies of games from other regions.

Decent price for curio reasons but they have many problems actually playing games. Memory cards or controller ports won't be recognised for no reason at all sometimes.

Still, for 500 yen, who cares.

Blues1990

Here's my current Wii/Wii U collection, as well as my two favourite gaming-themed plush toys, my current set-up, & a couple of pictures of my Samsung UN46EH5000. I was lucky enough to find a sealed copy of Punch-Out! & Kirby's Epic Yarn, which were both 20% off their original price (their original prices were $27.99 & &18.99 respectively). I still haven't had much luck with getting Xenoblade or A Boy & his Blob, as both games are almost impossible to find in the Vancouver area:

JEKKI

Very interesting, how's the book
no idear, it's in the backlog now for at least a few weeks =P

useta read the crap outta chapter 4 as a kid tho, which is Gen 13 #2.

man back in the 90s, that comic was very instrumental in me getting interested in girls =P

FreeMcBoot doesn't allow you to boot retail copies of games from other regions.

Decent price for curio reasons but they have many problems actually playing games. Memory cards or controller ports won't be recognised for no reason at all sometimes.

Still, for 500 yen, who cares.
Bummer about the region thing, i figured it was like Wii modding, but yeah 500 yen was a no brainer. I lucked out, usually these things are sold used with dead HDDs or optical drives which makes them essentially heavy door stops. Apparently their HDDs are tired to the hardware with unique keys which means swapping drives isn't possible. This thing is original Xbox huge :O

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I am trying to resist this. I already don't have enough time :(

I hate to do this to you but I love the system, it's a fantastic bit of kit. The gamepad is light and feels great to hold, the screen is very high quality with crisp, vibrant colours. Mario Kart is the reason I bought the console and it doesn't disappoint, it's absolutely fantastic and just so fun. Mario Bros is also great, especially for free. After playing around with it for a day I'm so shocked the Wii U doesn't sell better. Now I just need more money so I can buy Donkey Kong ;D

Gila

Was going to get 1.8G but a friend upgraded and gave me this for free. I like the older tech anyways

nNpZPWG.jpg

0sr9d3a.jpg

Recently rebought a 360 from a coworker after being without one for a few years. Feel pretty good honestly.
One of the first things I did was have to immediately rebuy one of my favorite franchises from last gen (^____^)

Yo Lost Planet 2 is the best. Respect.

Elginer

6Qn5t2N.jpg

Picked up Wolfenstein: The New Order and loving it

This Spiderman poster
nn9l41V.jpg

And my big next-gen purchase to go with my PS4, a new 48 inch Sony Bravia

RWz9xlH.jpg

vsY6kQX.jpg

It's a big upgrade from my 40 inch Samsung 720p that got me through last-gen.

jeffyjaixx

Bwoahly shit that's a steal! :O How did you do it?

Target Canada had a price reduction deal for the Wii U Deluxe bundle at 50% off regular price of $299.99. Managed to get in on this deal and when I was checking out, asked the employee to get me Mario Kart 8 as well. We were talking this whole time and when I got home, I discovered he forgot to put MK8 on the bill.

Top Bottom