• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Hello everyone! First time posting in this thread :)

This month has been hitting my wallet pretty hard @_@

Then I received the Altair statue a few days ago
b0QzH5.jpg

I also received my new 100" screen projector on Friday (I was only able to install it yesterday, though)
NViv64.jpg

And I really should get a decent camera... maybe next month :p

I spy a Sony front projector in one of your shots. I can't make out the specific model, as that chassis is shared with a few product years. I'm happy to see more PJ owners on here!

Some small pickups this month, trying to save money for the wave of games coming in the next 2 months.

Danganronpa 2 + art book

MK8 and Adventure time season 2 blu ray. Got bored of waiting so bought a region free copy of adventure time as it takes forever for them to get released over here in the UK.

Another

And managed to pick up this gem!

Velikost

Trying not to buy much right now (especially since I have TGS this week... my wallet ;_;)

But I saw this was out and only around $20 USD sooooo impulse buy! :D

Pretty sure I already know the answer, but any chance the voucher code included worked on a US account?

Coda

10654913_588985477895267_1809036189_n.jpg

Just started my new arcade stick project. Got this Namco Cyberlead panel off a seller on ebay in Japan called "arcadetower" who has a lot of cool stuff.

All I need to do is solder the PCB and build a case for it. Wish me luck.

Akim

Banned
Built a new PC so I got a buncha new pickups. My camera is crap though.

HP 25xi 25" LED Monitor

bUBdsOrl.jpg

Corsair K70

2dZUTA6l.jpg

Corsair Raptor and Steel Series mouse pad

nzVxHM4l.jpg

audio-technica headphones with banana stand

GuMhPgql.jpg

Build complete!

E3OIjRNl.jpg

Bonus Game of Thrones coaster:

wBuWATCl.jpg

Battle station in action:

EUcl5TJl.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm in Tokyo for work! Tokyo Game Show coming up!

10684177_292929480910821_1892023748_n.jpg

I took badge number 23 cuz it's my favorite number :p

10683791_362813463887964_1190951791_n.jpg

These are awesome. Dogeza / kowtow Street Fighter mini-figure charms. lol.

10005436_545341782267088_570105706_n.jpg

This is Migi! Yesterday when I was in Akihabara and saw some Parasyte / Kiseiju merchandise... It struck me as odd as this is one of the older manga series I've come to enjoy. I didn't know the reason for the new merchandise was because two live action movies (one in 2014 & one in 2015) & a new anime series starting in Oct! Migi is being voiced by Aya Hirano (Haruhi) lol. I can't wait! Parasyte is one of my favorite manga series!

10632158_1696346417256273_39172072_n.jpg

...and clearly. One of us has a bit more experience than the other. ;)

milena87

I spy a Sony front projector in one of your shots. I can't make out the specific model, as that chassis is shared with a few product years. I'm happy to see more PJ owners on here!

Yep, it's the Sony HW40ES :)

I made the jump to a projector three months ago, when I found this beauty on sale for 1.500€.

The projector screen (I was projecting directly on the wall before) has been a great upgrade. I can't wait to test it more :p

so1337

10005436_545341782267088_570105706_n.jpg

This is Migi! Yesterday when I was in Akihabara and saw some Parasyte / Kiseiju merchandise... It struck me as odd as this is one of the older manga series I've come to enjoy. I didn't know the reason for the new merchandise was because two live action movies (one in 2014 & one in 2015) & a new anime series starting in Oct! Migi is being voiced by Aya Hirano (Haruhi) lol. I can't wait! Parasyte is one of my favorite manga series!
Oh man, this is awesome. I absolutely love Parasyte.

meppi

Today was a good day! :)

2KaOCKP.jpg

Well expect for the letter I got that I have to pay €1400 for income taxes soon. grrrrr

Reaper of Voles

Quy8CIW.jpg2

I haven't touched D3 since the beginning of the year, so this is going give it that new game smell we all enjoy so much.

I haven't posted in these threads nearly as much recently but I suppose this one deserves a post. My girlfriend proposed to me on Sept 5th. Kinda surprised me as we had planned to do it for our 1 year anniversary on Oct. 11th. We were watching Beauty and the Beast and apparently she got sick of waiting just for the sake of waiting, so she paused the movie and went to the bathroom and came back with my ring. Worked out well enough!

We won't be able to get married for around 2 years though because of organizing the trips and stuff for her family to come over here from Quebec. We have only a 2 week window every year and it won't work out for 2015.

Hi everyone! I've been a long time lurker but just got my account activated!
Here's my pick-ups from last week in anticipation of FIFA 15, Forza Horizon 2, and Sunset Overdrive, and maybe I'll sprinkle in some Halo MCC if money allows because I'm hoping to get a iP6+ in December.

15251200185_612ed11b9f_b.jpg

15251199635_bbccd3200d_b.jpg

Minecraft and Forza Motorsport 5 digital.

-NBA Live 14 (Xbox One)

I know it's not a popular game around here, but I had so much fun with the demo, and I found a copy on Amazon from a local seller for $10 shipped (and I had $20 in Amazon credit), so I bought it. I've been playing it for the majority of the last 12 hours, and I'm having a blast. I haven't had this much fun with a non-arcade basketball game (or any sports game, really) in...ever, maybe.

I have a bunch of basketball games, but I pretty much always just stuck to NBA Jam/Hangtime and NBA Street. I'd play some NBA 2K here and there, but the only one I really put any time into was 2K2 on the Dreamcast, which I used to play with my brothers a lot. I have NBA 2K11, but I didn't play it much since it's on PlayStation 3, and that's my older brother's, so I don't get to use it often.

I was thinking about buying NBA 2K14, but after hearing about all of the problems with it (online-DRM, Virtual Currency), I thought I'd just wait for 2K15, which is supposed to fix that stuff, and play NBA Live 14 until then. Also gonna keep an eye on NBA Live 15. Since I'm having a lot of fun with NBA Live 14, I might wait until the others get cheaper. We'll see.

Eolz

Some Senran Kagura goodness and the Popolocrois/SonyTGS Famitsu issue

Was surprised to see this deck of cards as this wasn't advertised. Nice bonus, and the poster is pretty big (the other side is basically the same in a shower context
so no bikinis
).

e-shop purchase
3386491b.jpg

bought 2 soundtracks I've been wanting
3386687c.jpg

I was at a friends the past weekend and he mentioned a box full of dvds and xbox games he wanted to get rid of, so I bought all of them. I got all 10 games for $10. Though 4 of which I already have.
3386687d.jpg

Sylver

Banned
I've bought some digital games (and pre-ordered japanese retail Vita Dengeki Bunko FIGHTING CLIMAX )

s7AunaF.png

5Ceb7y4.png

VuFv82p.png

SpgmBmS.png

Theme Hospital was free thanks to some GAF member advice.

Some Steam games

YDwmtnA.png

Some Senran Kagura goodness and the Popolocrois/SonyTGS Famitsu issue

Was surprised to see this deck of cards as this wasn't advertised. Nice bonus, and the poster is pretty big (the other side is basically the same in a shower context
so no bikinis
).

What is the book/magazine at the top right?

Eolz

What is the book/magazine at the top right?

Dengeki Nintendo Heroines , that's from where the bonus poster and cards come from (surprised to see some of the prices it's at on ebay btw).
About half of it is actually a Senran Kagura 2 guide (similar to the one for Burst or others: character profiles, combos, some unlockable stuff, etc), the other half is some pages of concept art + some stuff of several 3ds (only I think) games: Project Mirai 2, New Love +, Etrian Odyssey 2 remake, Sayonara Umihara Kawase, Persona Q, etc. I think most of it is already known though.
Here's a sample:

dralla

My new white beauty:

yC6ZUEE.jpg

The joysticks are very different from the one that came with the PS4. They're very..coarse. I think I prefer the feel of the old ones. Anyway. Now I have one black, one white DS4. One black, one white DS3.

omgkitty

My new white beauty:

yC6ZUEE.jpg

The joysticks are very different from the one that came with the PS4. They're very..coarse. I think I prefer the feel of the old ones. Anyway. Now I have one black, one white DS4. One black, one white DS3.

They start that way. Once you use the pad more, the sticks get smoother. My new one was the same way.

Nothing important or special to anyone who imported or bought one at launch but given that it was released when I was 4 years old I'm happy to have my hands on a SCPH-1000.

73RwwKR.jpg

79q5KO1.jpg

rCtJV2o.jpg

zmet

Ranma 1/2 Blu-ray Set 3 Special Edition and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 40th Anniversary Edition

Ghostbusters 1&2, Godzilla 3D, and The Battery

I was disappointed that the Godzilla blu-ray lacked the awesome Dolby Atmos soundtrack that the theater I saw it in had. Those ceiling speakers really made a difference.

Garou Densetsu Special, loose Yoshi's Island and Star Fox

HG101 Presents Castlevania

Top Bottom