• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Agree with you.

They couldn't have done that ending any better honestly.

Except unless they had Ambrose come out and interfere with the cash-in as part of the storyline where he was explicitly doing that rather than just have Cena hit him and have nothing of relevance occur.

Lenar took 4 AAs, kicking out at one a couple of times, and took out Cena in the end, guy walked out standing tall with the strap. Looked strong enough to me, Cena was laid out.

LOL way to fuck over Brock's "Undefeated" Streak.

I love how WWE books a perfect game for 5 innings, then has the pitcher intentionally walk a batter, then spend the next 2 innings hyping how amazing a no hitter is, then books a single and spends the next inning hyping how amazing a shutout is. Then Cena hits a home run and single handedly wins the game and they try to hype the feat as if it was as amazing as if the perfect game went into the 9th inning.

BrettLawrie.gif

I understand the point of setting up Cena and Rollins but that kinda end up hurting the mystique of Brock. Nobody should even want to try to cash in on Lesnar. If anything, Rollins should have tried to screw Brock over. Especially all that punishment Brock took by Cena and was still kicking out.

For the first time in forever Brock ended up looking like just another guy there.

You people are surprised at a DQ ending?

Plus it hints at the Authority wanting the belt off Lesnar too, as we'll get HHH saying Rollins was acting alone, only to reveal later on that it was a "conspiracy" so we can move onto Lesnar as a "anti-hero" as he faces Orton up to RR.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I'm satisfied with the PPV. It helps Rollins on his way to the top, which in turn will help Ambrose.

It sucks that Cena will most likely get another rematch, but WWE should roll with Cena vs Rollins instead and keep teasing Ambrose. Let Lesnar fight someone else if he is scheduled for HitC.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People kick out of AAs all the time when John and his opponent want to make some faux 'big match feel' bullshit. Punk CONSTANTLY kicked out of it. It's like a trope of any John Cena PPV main event with a lot of build.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I understand the point of setting up Cena and Rollins but that kinda end up hurting the mystique of Brock. Nobody should even want to try to cash in on Lesnar. If anything, Rollins should have tried to screw Brock over. Especially all that punishment Brock took by Cena and was still kicking out.

For the first time in forever Brock ended up looking like just another guy there.

Took 4 AA's, a million STFs, a Curbstomp and the show still ends with him F5'ing Cena out of the ring.

I don't know what people want? I guess the last PPV created some unrealistic expectations.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bullshit. Brock was put over hugely by the match and the commentators.

A lot of people let their dislike for the current product blind them from seeing this match for what it was. A good back and forth beat down that sets up a bunch of future storylines, keeps Cena AND Brock strong, and had the fans going throughout.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Friends, we were *this* close to having Rollins/Ambrose for the WWE title in a Hell in a Cell match. John Cena has ruined the dream once again.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just want Cena to come out and pull a Bret Hart pre-WM13 level freakout

Ravager61

You realize it's that way because they always book *CENA* Strong, right? That's the exact reason they don't have main event level faces because they only have one focus in the company. It's like Hulkamania except without the strong midcard.

WWE needs dat K-Mart money

With the DQ ending and denied cash in combo it's the inconclusiveness of a poor Raw finish on PPV.
This PPV was free over here and I still feel a bit ripped off with that messy finale, I paid with my time dammit!
First hour was pretty solid mind you.

Angry Grimace

A lot of people let their dislike for the current product blind them from seeing this match for what it was. A good back and forth beat down that sets up a bunch of future storylines, keeps Cena AND Brock strong, and had the fans going throughout.

It ended on a DQ, which was a thing that pissed off old school fans for decades. So, yeah, its kind of a shit ending, especially given none of the storylines were resolved in any meaningful way.

That ending got me excited to see Lesnar vs anyone who hasn't been with the company for a decade. But then I realized that's not gonna happen.

Cena couldn't job again, Lesnar had to look strong and they needed some heat on Seth so he could feud with Cena. Now Brock can take his holiday and everyone is happy. It was only 10 bucks after all.

Correction, it's NINE NINETY NINE. Someone can take that penny and throw it in a wishing well and hope for Punk to come back. What a bargain!

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
It won't happen but I want Wyatt vs Brock at HitC.

Cena vs Rollins at the PPV, too.
Ambrose vs HHH

DMczaf

We could have Brock vs Seth

or Brock vs Wyatt.

or Brock vs Ambrose

or Brock vs ANYONE ELSE OTHER THAN CENA

We are wasting our God King on this motherfucker.

Also, Brock is still legit as fuck, Cena totally had his Hogan in the 92 Rumble moment by fucking over Rollins, and Rollins/Ambrose & Cena/Brock in the Cell will be great.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
DQ's are a legit finish in pro wrestling as long as they serve a purpose like this one did. It put off a definitive match between these two for a later date, it helped build up interest in a cash in which hasn't been seriously teased in months and it helped bring back Cena strong while not ruining the excellent build up they have with Brock, who looked like a monster out there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just realized Bray wasn't even on the show tonight. Poor guy.

That's what a Cena feud does for you. That's why when they say they only have Cena so they have to book him strong, it's like, yeah no shit. Cena gobbles up all the heat someone has and discards them once he can no longer use them anymore.

Top Bottom