• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Darkpen

Banned
rataven said:
There are quite a few changes. Probably easier to go here and read through them. They did a great job listing them.

The last part of the fight with Seph was completely redone and is probably the most significant. They added LOTS of blood to that fight and really played up Zack's importance to Cloud and why he continues to fight.

I'm with you on that. VII means the most to me. Not my first RPG, but the first one that stuck with me after I played it.
I haven't beaten Crisis Core, but apparently the bit with Zack and Cloud being his "living legacy" is from CC, at least according to Auron_Kale, so thats pretty interesting. But yeah, the sheer amount of changes they made to not only the overall presentation, the story itself, and the flow of combining exposition and character development is so much superior over the original release. People who hated the original really need to watch this and reassess their opinion.

The ending w/ the Sephiroth fight though... :lol :lol wow. Insane. The blood :lol :lol :lol holy shit, Sephiroth... fuck wow :lol

rataven

Yea, Zack gave Cloud the living legacy schpiel at the end of Crisis Core. I thought adding that into ACC was a nice throwback to CC and gave the compilation more cohesion.

Still can't figure out how Cloud survived being filleted by the Masamune though, despite Zack's pep talk. It was painful just to watch!

Darkpen

Banned
rataven said:
Yea, Zack gave Cloud the living legacy schpiel at the end of Crisis Core. I thought adding that into ACC was a nice throwback to CC and gave the compilation more cohesion.

Still can't figure out how Cloud survived being filleted by the Masamune though, despite Zack's pep talk. It was painful just to watch!
he gets shot in the face at the beginning of the movie, then shot in the back at the end of the movie. Are you really that surprised?

But really though, watching Seph just repeatedly air juggle/stab Cloud was.... wow :lol

rataven

Darkpen said:
he gets shot in the face at the beginning of the movie, then shot in the back at the end of the movie. Are you really that surprised?

But really though, watching Seph just repeatedly air juggle/stab Cloud was.... wow :lol
If nothing else, Cloud's resilient!

rataven

hteng said:
so for those that watched ACC, is seph finally really totally dead? he wont be coming back.. right? right?
:lol

No. He says something at the end about never being a memory. That line was in AC too.

Fuu said:
To anyone confused by this drawing, Famitsu covers have their mascot usually dressed as one of the characters from the featured game, like this:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2hcevd1.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/24pj88x.jpg

Nomura gave him Sora themed clothes and put his ears on the other characters.

Famitsu's covers are awesome. The only mag in the UK I've ever seen which came close was Super Play when it comes to great covers. I miss those, every issue had totally original art on it TT_TT now we just get game clipart and renders.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Just started the demo, and WOW it's great. Definitely can tell Lightning's current model is early though. The combo system is sort of similar to what they did in White Knight, except more real-timeish, I would say. I'm on the field map now, so let's see how it goes!
I ended up watching the Versus XIII trailer first. It looks SO GOOD in HD.

been playing all day long and its quite cool, unfortunately you can feel that the battlesystem is not 100% there but its still cool, some miner bugs but I am sure they will smooth that out before it is released.

I cant wait for this game, if square manage to make this as big as the other FF games it will be one of the best FF games to date!

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Rez said:
wow, that must have been really hard on the team.

I wonder how the guys over at Square deal with development fatigue, what with the super long dev-time on XIII.
:( what about people making windows or office.... 20years making basically the same software.... :*(

Actually its no so bad so cheer up... You actually get so good at your own tools and working with your team that you get a lot of reward. Jumping around project to project is like playing games and having to restart from the start before you get good at any game. e.g Once you are a master at Street Fighter you get much greater joy from beating other masters..., playing and even practicing.

KTallguy

Banned
Kagari said:
Well, if you sit around doing nothing, you'll die.

I put down the controller for a while on regular enemies and never died :lol

But on that behemoth boss I died relatively quickly.

Kagari: Make sure that you hit the boss with a ice spell and make that combo meter in the upper right hand corner full. Then wail on him a bit, maybe with 1 hit or 2 hit strings, then retreat. If you start to get below 500, manual heal. All the while toss ice when the combo bar starts getting low.

Once he's broken, you can beat him like a stepchild of unknown racial origin.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
KTallguy said:
I think it's also because you transition to an area that doesn't have any obstacles for the ai to get mixed up on, like rocks or other objects. It morphs to a flat plane. I think that's just fine and dandy, personally.

Does it really? It didn't look like that in demo, it was at the same spot from what I could tell. Since they reposition the characters, if you are too close to debris they just reposition you further at a dedicated spot, but the environment is the same.

Anyway, it's clearly a result of the battle system, with character positioning in relation to one another being necessary, hence going around enemies and such is no longer possible during battle, something that wouldn't be the case without the transition.

rataven

Kagari said:
Is it me, or is there some slowdown noticeable when you're using the higher spells?
I noticed that too, but wonder if it was part of the effect?

Has anyone found anything in the treasure "spheres" other than money?

Kagari said:
Is it me, or is there some slowdown noticeable when you're using the higher spells?

It's definitely in there. The producers mentioned it in an interview and said it would be fixed for the final.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
AndriaSang said:
It's definitely in there. The producers mentioned it in an interview and said it would be fixed for the final.

Ahh, good!

Playing through again now... I really think by the time the full game comes out it'll be one of the best looking games on the system, even for just the character modeling and amount of AA being used alone. Not a jaggy in sight-- quite impressive, if you ask me.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Advent Children Complete looks really sharp on my TV. Just started it but they've already added things that help bring more depth to the film. :eek:

Tiduz

Eurogaime
pulled the trigger thanks to Kagari ;p

estimated date is may 6th :(

thanks for confirming its region free blazingdarkness!

Top Bottom