• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Dave_6

What a crazy day of Destiny. Just caught up on 12 hours worth of posts in this thread, feels like an exciting time to be a Destiny player.

Looks like I'll have to wait awhile to get my hands Black Hammer V2 as I'm on vacation for another week. What's the rotation like for Daily Herioc missions?

Ty

The mission designer himself said this daily will be in the rotation frequently.

Namikaze1

My Hung Jury is 296. I have the raid pulse rifle but I like that gun so I have to wait for the AR or HC to drop before I can infuse it even further.

Ophelion

Wouldn't it be funny if there had been secrets like these in dailies before and just nobody ever figured it out? What if Fate of All Fools was accessible and we all just missed a trick?

Tovarisc

three guys all light 295

what are my chances on spindle tonight?

Very high.

Tips:
  • Stack elements, coordinate with ppl so all are covered
  • Use right element to right shield
  • Always nuke large black balls down asap, those suckers keep spewing out baddies
  • When in boss room we found best to prioritise like this: Black balls => Clean most of adds => Nuke boss => Destroy new Black balls => ...

Man this thread moves so fast for someone working 9-5 workdays. My day is going so slow...Can't wait to get home and try for this BH 2.0.

hopefully not all of Dgaf has it already by then so hopefully some gaurdians on around 6 pm pst to get this thing.

Just make sure you're back in time to grab the Spindle before it goes away. You have less than 12 hours :)

I could get online in an hour or two probably. Did you get one already?

Saw your earlier post btw, still haven't played TTK on my Warlock yet. I could do another raid w my Titan though if people are interested.

Kalamari

Wouldn't it be funny if there had been secrets like these in dailies before and just nobody ever figured it out? What if Fate of All Fools was accessible and we all just missed a trick?

I think players will really explore the game now that they know stuff like this is hidden. It's gonna be great.

Sure join up on me/friend request me. Sorry to those who asked earlier just taking people who are available first come first serve as I finish now, it's much faster.

There are two of us... if you get a chance, we'd appreciate the help. Just getting overwhelmed by adds in last room. A third might help.

GKW212 on PSN.

Shito

Very high.

Tips:
  • Stack elements, coordinate with ppl so all are covered
  • Use right element to right shield
  • Always nuke large black balls down asap, those suckers keep spewing out baddies
  • When in boss room we found best to prioritise like this: Black balls => Clean most of adds => Nuke boss => Destroy new Black balls => ...
Those are very good advices.
Also be wary of that black ball just in front of the entrance corridor you'll spend the fight in.
It's not visible if you don't go look for it.

MrDaravon

I straight up give up. Have been doing this for the better part of 8 hours with multiple groups and strategies and team compositions, even full 300+ light groups can't get this done. Two-manning it was no easier. A full fucking Raid took us just over 2 hours, how is this boss harder than fucking Oryx? So dumb. So incredibly frustrated. Guess it's going to be impossible to get LFG groups for the Raid now, posts over there are already requiring this. Have the worst stress headache I have had in my entire life trying to do this, fuck it.

Dave_6

Sure join up on me/friend request me. Sorry to those who asked earlier just taking people who are available first come first serve as I finish now, it's much faster.

You're awesome for doing this! How long are you gonna be at it? I may need sherpa'd if I can't get in with my normal group. I'm a 293 Hunter.

phen0m24

Im going to waste a couple hours if I have to tonight. follow strats and communicate, thats my plan

Colonel!

you up to run it again or are you still sleeping? lol

We can try again later on tonight but holy crap this is the most annoying thing in the history of mankind after mosquitoes and root canals

Ophelion

Man this thread moves so fast for someone working 9-5 workdays. My day is going so slow...Can't wait to get home and try for this BH 2.0.

hopefully not all of Dgaf has it already by then so hopefully some gaurdians on around 6 pm pst to get this thing.

Oh, don't worry. I'm at work until 4 PST. Many of us are in your boat. I'm only keeping up because my job is hella, hella boring. ;-)

Saw your earlier post btw, still haven't played TTK on my Warlock yet. I could do another raid w my Titan though if people are interested.

Yeah, ran it 4x with ji66a and stabie. Can run it again later, i'm going to bed now.

We ran a raid as well, but if you need a 6th for another raid I'll be happy to jump in.

Finally killed the
sisters
not difficult just stupid mistakes. Sadly no extra armour to push me to 301. Next week hopefully, just need boots and helmet.

You got ahead of me, dang. I won't even have the time to raid until friday or saturday, and even then the trick will be getting a group together. I'm having more trouble than ever on Xbox One, because it's still such a big time investment and not a lot of people feel like going through it multiple times.

FiraB

Banned
Just getting angry at that last room, it would be fair if the mobs came in waves after a certain amount of health drops but that constant stream of mobs is brutal and soul crushing.

Wilde

I haven't got one yet Drizzay, and I'll be home in about an hour to go for it (Hopefully 3 times).

I'm down to raid too, because I haven't had a chance to run it at all this week yet. Also, my brother wants in on the raid, so that's three we've got if you want to run it.

Strider

Wait. LFG groups are asking for this sniper in the raid? It's that good huh? I didn't even get the chance to try mine out yet....

I straight up give up. Have been doing this for the better part of 8 hours with multiple groups and strategies and team compositions, even full 300+ light groups can't get this done. Two-manning it was no easier. A full fucking Raid took us just over 2 hours, how is this boss harder than fucking Oryx? So dumb. So incredibly frustrated. Guess it's going to be impossible to get LFG groups for the Raid now, posts over there are already requiring this. Have the worst stress headache I have had in my entire life trying to do this, fuck it.
Got my first Destiny stress headache over this too. Wouldn't have minded if my attempts ended in success :(

Top Bottom