• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

noomi

Spent most of my glimmer on buying black spindles from the kiosk and infusing weapons.

Telesto, Chaperone, Stillpiercer all at 300, Got my legendary sword to 304, ace of spades 299, supercell to 300.

Shit is addicting!

Ambitious

I've now played about seven Vanguard strikes, but my loot is quite disappointing. The stuff dropped by the bosses is low-level stuff, and I haven't really found many engrams during the strikes.

they really did say it, he wasn't being facetious. It was tweeted that this is only available during the daily* heroic.

Bungle plz. That makes no sense.

On an unrelated note:

Fdo0jeI.jpg

Let those Exotic Engrams flowwwwww. TLW's going to my Hunter once I get him up to 40, though. Now that I got this 310 beauty, Hawkmoon can wait.

On another unrelated note:

They made a helmet that looks like Oryx' face and made it a rare.

Shito

Just a reminder that clearing adds and then damaging the boss isn't the only viable strategy. Mix it up if that isn't working for your group. We tried it once, abandoned ship on that strat, and then beat it in the next half hour. What works for a group of pros on video may not work for everyone if you don't have as good of add control.
Yeah, watching streamerhouse's twitch right now, and they are trying the 2 bubbles / burn the boss quick strategy.
The most important advice is to keep on trying and learn from your failures. Our group managed to do it once we started talking about what we did wrong and how we could adapt and shake things up. The balls and adds strategy was what did it for us, but more than anything it was how we adapted that sealed the deal.
Identify what causes you the most problems in this room and find how to counter it.

lt519

Spent most of my glimmer on buying black spindles from the kiosk and infusing weapons.

Telesto, Chaperone, Stillpiercer all at 300, Got my legendary sword to 304, ace of spades 299, supercell to 300.

Shit is addicting!

Wait you can use a special weapon to level up your sword?? Is that exotic specific or something? Now I'm considering going to get two more..

Namikaze1

So is there a list of the known exotics that do not show up in the kiosks and cannot be found in engrams?
So far, we know you can't get from engrams:

Touch of Malice
Black Spindle
Sleeper Stimulant
The 3 gunsmith's class exclusive exotics (forgive me cause I don't know their names)
The 3 exotic swords
Chaperone
Boolean Gemini

We don't know yet:
No Time to Explain
First Curse

Black Spindle is the first exotic we know of that wasn't in the datamine the week before TTK released.

Tip:

Once you get it, go to Exotic weapon bluebrint kiosk and buy a few another ones, infuse them to your non exotic sub 300 special weapons.

This one is 300 in the kiosk not 280 like every other exotic in there.

My damn Touch of Malice is even 280 in the kiosk but not my Black Spindel Sniper

Looking for Touch of Malice group. I'm actually at Morgan right now. Trying to solo, not sure how that's going to go. Send me a msg on psn or party inv.

Psn : Subtervotion

Triz

can someone invite me for Spindel? PSN Triz light 294. Had the bastard down to like 5% when time ran out earlier before I had to call it.

Silver sounded like one of those kids getting a Gjallarhorn.

Thats because i've been a little frustrated about this expansion actually. I've been away for quite some time so i feel like i dont know enough about this game anymore to be 'good' i guess. I might even feel a bit left out because of this. For instance, i have yet to raid because ppl got to 29something way faster than i did and i had a bit of trouble getting a raid group. I also dont have as much time to play this anymore.

This is the first time since coming back that i really feel the sense of achievement. And i was stoked. Still am actually. And dat minute to spare dude. Awesome.

Pretty funny how we went from barely losing to overwhelming success.

I never doubted us after that first run. We got through the wizard room with 7 minutes left. Crazy.

Should've been with a Silver. That's the good luck charm. :)

I'M LUCKY!!!

Touch of Malice
Black Spindle
Sleeper Stimulant
The 3 gunsmith's class exclusive exotics (forgive me cause I don't know their names)
The 3 exotic swords
Chaperone
Boolean Gemini

We don't know yet:
No Time to Explain
First Curse

Black Spindle is the first exotic we know of that wasn't in the datamine the week before TTK released.

I really hope that No time to explain is tied to a quest chain. because I really hope that I didnt waste 25 marks on upgrading my strangers rifle for nothing
I did

Kyne

Touch of Malice
Black Spindle
Sleeper Stimulant
The 3 exotic swords
Chaperone
Boolean Gemini

We don't know yet:
No Time to Explain
First Curse

First Curse is
rumored to be at Gunsmith level 4. Only time will tell.

Thats because i've been a little frustrated about this expansion actually. I've been away for quite some time so i feel like i dont know enough about this game anymore to be 'good' i guess. I might even feel a bit left out because of this. For instance, i have yet to raid because ppl got to 29something way faster than i did and i had a bit of trouble getting a raid group. I also dont have as much time to play this anymore.

This is the first time since coming back that i really feel the sense of achievement. And i was stoked. Still am actually. And dat minute to spare dude. Awesome.

I've been playing daily and still feel left behind.

coy

Shit is addicting!
I'm just under the cap and wasn't sure how to spend all of it. This is what I'll be doing once I am home from work. Soon.

zewone

Shit is addicting!

What did you use for Supercell and Ace of Spades?

Top Bottom