• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Tovarisc

sitting on supers is what sun locks do best :)

Someone still plays sunbro in TTK? o_O Voidbro and Palpatin are way to go for TTK content, imho as warlock player.

Random fact of the day: Game has scout rifles with name Tuonela. Tuonela is one Finnish language word for hell. Hell as in Satan and stuff.

Bold One

Omolon>>>>Hakke>>>>Suros

gvyLwVk.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Can someone please tell me what the fuck is up with the "Blade of Night" step in the Sword Reforged quest? It's the one where you have to kill a named mob in Dreadnought patrol down passed the Founts. Every walkthough I can find says the door to the Asylum with Echtar opens when you kill the three yellow knights in one super, but I have done tried that multiple times and it still hasn't opened.

So I was bored and decided to take a look at my Exotic Weapon screen. I tried filling in the blanks, but there's still some I'm coming up empty for. I'm on Xbox, too, so I'm not even sure if the Jade Rabbit has a spot on there.

Shito

I'm shocked by the amount of trouble you guys are having with getting the spindle. I guess I got lucky to have my team clear on the second try.
If you had the proper strategy from the get go, I can see you clearing it real quick.
We just got stubborn trying to keep the old "kill the boss first" mentality, when the real boss is in fact the black balls...

FinKL

Did anyone solo or duo the Spindle quest?

If you watch the 1st video that popped up with it, it has 2 people do it and their room did not have as much adds as my group that had 3 people.

I'm starting to think the encounter scales with the amount of people and when you have a full fireteam, it spawns 3x the amount of adds, and then those 3x Psions multiply as well. There was also one person who tried to solo it that said they almost did it by themselves.

Wilde

Works for me. We can do some spindle runs beforehand.

So can you farm spindle drops for 310 weapons to infuse?

You can get one 310 Spindle per character. But you can also buy a 300 Spindle from the exotic blueprint collection, to infuse into other special weapons.

Shito

If you watch the 1st video that popped up with it, it has 2 people do it and their room did not have as much adds as my group that had 3 people.

I'm starting to think the encounter scales with the amount of people and when you have a full firetime, it spawns 3x the amount of adds, and then those Psions multiply as well. There was also one person who tried to solo it that said they almost did it by themselves.
That guy is currently trying to solo it: http://www.twitch.tv/sc_slayerage
It doesn't seem much easier... ^^

Can someone please tell me what the fuck is up with the "Blade of Night" step in the Sword Reforged quest? It's the one where you have to kill a named mob in Dreadnought patrol down passed the Founts. Every walkthough I can find says the door to the Asylum with Echtar opens when you kill the three yellow knights in one super, but I have done tried that multiple times and it still hasn't opened.

you dont have to kill them in one super, they just have to do die around the same time. peck them down, than sword them quickly.

If you had the proper strategy from the get go, I can see you clearing it real quick.
We just got stubborn trying to keep the old "kill the boss first" mentality, when the real boss is in fact the black balls...

We cleared adds then focused on the boss until he died then finished off the adds.

Got the Black Spindle and the Vienna Singer.

Took 2 tries. Team of 3 Titans, 292, 293, 295.

Oh yes, we cheesed the hell out of him with bubble shields, shotguns and swords.

First try we killed him quick, but ran out of time clearing the room.

Second time we killed him quick again, then two of us switched to their hammers to clear out the room, as the other dropped bubbles to approach the blights that spawned towards the back of the room.

o0ZsxrJ.jpg

neoism

looking for a group to do the raid... hunter Llv293 it will be my first time... would love to do it from the start??

noomi

I'm starting to think the encounter scales with the amount of people and when you have a full fireteam, it spawns 3x the amount of adds, and then those 3x Psions multiply as well. There was also one person who tried to solo it that said they almost did it by themselves.

Thats what i was saying in my party chat earlier, two people did it originally and it seemed easier.

Who wants to test this out?

So I was bored and decided to take a look at my Exotic Weapon screen. I tried filling in the blanks, but there's still some I'm coming up empty for. I'm on Xbox, too, so I'm not even sure if the Jade Rabbit has a spot on there.

the missing one in the special section is
sleeper simulant

Need one more for Spindle.

At the elevator.

PSN GKW212

Bring a good sword if you can... we might try to pop a bubble on him and sword him to death. Then deal with orbs and adds.

Top Bottom