• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Afrocious

Well at least you beat Fig that one time.

If you check out the Unstable's flawless vid, you can see EXPERT WARLOCK JUMPING SKILLS
which pretty much involve me jumping high as fuck with a sword and landing on a dime.
I was pretty fast though.

EDIT: Damn, you can't join up on Tuesday? fuck that sucks.

I'm intrested to see if HM KF will be different in any way beside no respawn and harder enemies.

I bet for the final phase Oryx flies out, then Eris is like 'FINGERS ON MY SPAAAACE' and outta no where your spaceships appear, you warp in it, and it becomes a space harrier shooter against Oryx.

Nah bungie would never have that much fun.

Nah. The new raid is by far the best. The only tedious part is the very beginning dunking the relics, and even that isn't so bad. The platforming is great, and I actually really like the rotation fight before the Warpriest, it's a lot of fun.

I actually thought that the Templar room lasted way too long overall, and got pretty boring in VoG.

Crota is definitely the worst.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
sooo uh
CQh6f_ZUsAA2F40.jpg:orig

CQh6kmvUcAA9PSh.jpg:orig
What did I do wrong :( That's a fireteam only bounty...?

I still hate and don't know my way around the gorgon maze. I like everything else though. Opening the VoG with the 3 platforms is so much more fun than running back and forth with the relic six times. They make you do one single thing way too many times in a row. The totem puzzle is the same. Ten times back and forth. I'd rather have a shorter but more involved and complicated encounter. Like Oryx itself. I like that boss fight a lot. Same with War Priest. They're both fun and short. The puzzles and platforming in KF just become monotonous after the first time.

Strangely, I do like the later platforming section with the wall dicks. It's funny seeing people flung off crashing into walls.

I think the exact opposite. Opening the Vault in the very beginning is fairly stale and static. You're basically a little tower in tower defense. At least in KF, it requires you to run around and explore, and then fighting your way back and forth versus just standing in 1 spot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We're you in a fireteam actually? You have to be playing with friends.
guess so. that's actually a little strange. what if you're in a fireteam of six, you could be in last place on the server as long as someone in your fireteam had the top score and get "Most Valuable"? lol

I'm probably just shitting on the new raid because the new raid has shit on me with the loot. I'm tired of getting moldering shards.
I'd rather not get anything at all. That's how much I dislike picking something off the ground or in a chest and moldering shards popping up.
Might as well be a piece of dog poop im finding in those chests or off those bosses.

Afrocious

in Star Wars: The Old Republic, there's a few encounters that are straight timed puzzles your team has to figure out. I'm a fan of these.

Here's one of the earliest ones: https://youtu.be/yvXIjQ06R0s

In this fight, you split the 8 team group into two groups of four. Each one goes to this giant computer where you have to line up these rows of colors. The catch? You have to rotate between people in your group to press the console to swap the colors since the last person doing a swap gets a debuff preventing them from using the computer.

BLCKATK

Grinding Mayhem Clash for that Striker Emblem right now. Not what I want to be doing but I really want that emblem for some reason, it looks awesome.

Zocano

in Star Wars: The Old Republic, there's a few encounters that are straight timed puzzles your team has to figure out. I'm a fan of these.

Here's one of the earliest ones: https://youtu.be/yvXIjQ06R0s

In this fight, you split the 8 team group into two groups of four. Each one goes to this giant computer where you have to line up these rows of colors. The catch? You have to rotate between people in your group to press the console to swap the colors since the last person doing a swap gets a debuff preventing them from using the computer.

They should implement a Spaceteam-like raid encounter where the group is split up and has to communicate between each other that one team can see but the other team has to act out.

edit:

A Cabal raid should be on a mobile land tank that you have to board.

There *must* be a sparrow escape at some point.

Zocano

Runescape(remember that MMO?) has some of the best quests and puzzles Iv ever seen for an MMO. It's really really well done.

I keep saying this and no one ever believes me. I was a member for faaaaar too long. Underground Pass is still the best quest in the game. Fremmenik Trials was fun, too.

I was working on a Patrol on Venus, when I found what looked to be a neat side path, so I took the liberty to explore. I wound up under the map, and was able to walk underneath the glowing water and beyond! It was insane. I'm fairly positive I can reproduce it, too. I'll try to get a video of it tomorrow.

Afrocious

They should implement a Spaceteam-like raid encounter where the group is split up and has to communicate between each other that one team can see but the other team has to act out.

Agreed. Doesn't even have to be a boss either - just some encounter. At the moment, when the groups split in raids, the groups tend to do be doing similar things (opening the Deathsinger door in KF for example).

I feel Bungie is getting there though. Bungie isn't afraid to give one or two people different roles from others in raids. They should go a bit all out honestly.

Star Wars does something like this, but it might be too damn difficult to implement into Bungie. WoW does it too. They're called Council fights I believe, and they're basically boss encounters were every person or two basically has their own boss to beat. SW has a great one later on in a particular expansion, but here's the most basic one where each person is assigned a boss to kill.

https://youtu.be/Teymjw_hctM?t=27

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like the raids in ascending order, and I don't care if I'm the only one in the universe that feels that way. I love them all and mostly enjoy how different they are from one another. My favorite bit in each one is completely unrelated to anything found in either of the others. I hope that nowhere in their design meetings are there comments along the lines of "what to do to make this one more VoG-like" or "KF-like" simply because the playerbase was more receptive to them. They've taught us what raids in an FPS in general and Destiny in particular can be like, the job that remains is to keep us on our toes.

Just to clarify, there is a loot drop before the Warpriest. The Gateway/Totems before his room can drop the Ghost and/or FR.

Also I would be happy with twice as much jumping as in KF in the next raid. :D
They should just take our guns at the door like a nightclub entrance and then the whole thing is just a platforming challenge. And I will do all the jumps first on my hunter 8)

All I'm saying is Bungie(and other developers) should play old time runescape for more inspiration on puzzles, platforming, and enemy encounters. It's really that good.

Plz? :3

Thinking about it now, the worst part of the new raid is everything before the first boss. It's long as hell and has zero armor or weapon drops. Opening the entrance, 2 jumping puzzles where most will die at least once and some like 20 times, getting that useless chest afterwards, then that totem thing. Then finally a boss who might drop something useful.
That's a lot of pointless shit to get to the first loot drop. It's really badly paced.
Not to mention that every boss battle can be beaten inbetween 5-10 minutes. I guess they needed to pad it out but overdid it.

VoG just did it so right.

Are you forgetting oracles not giving anything? Entrance to Templar is just as long as Kings Fall to Warpriest

Did my first heroic strike and both players left not even two minutes in :(

Maybe I should just stick with the regular strike playlist/CoO

I played my 2nd Heroic Strike about and hour ago, and one of the guys left, and the other player was annoyed with my play style. He criticized me for being cautious in some encounters, where I was trying to stay alive and not restart from a checkpoint. I died once, and we had to restart; He died 10 times.

It was still pretty fun, though. My first Heroic Strike was pretty bad, our team really struggled. I don't recall the name, but it took place on Venus. It took us around 45 minutes to complete it, and we were only saved because our Warlock self-resurrected at the last second.

Agreed. Doesn't even have to be a boss either - just some encounter. At the moment, when the groups split in raids, the groups tend to do be doing similar things (opening the Deathsinger door in KF for example).

I feel Bungie is getting there though. Bungie isn't afraid to give one or two people different roles from others in raids. They should go a bit all out honestly.

Star Wars does something like this, but it might be too damn difficult to implement into Bungie. WoW does it too. They're called Council fights I believe, and they're basically boss encounters were every person or two basically has their own boss to beat. SW has a great one later on in a particular expansion, but here's the most basic one where each person is assigned a boss to kill.

https://youtu.be/Teymjw_hctM?t=27

This is really just a gear/rotation check with rock, paper, scissors mixed in. Bungie could do this simply by teleporting each member of a raid into their own instance to fight a boss 1v1 (similar to VoG portals, just individual) and you only get out of that instance by beating the enemy. It... really would only be a gear and accuracy check though for Destiny. It's novel, and could be fun in a strike but not difficult in a raid unless you were trying to carry people.

The next expansion better be Cabal themed. They are so underutilized.

Cabal set up an exclusion zone on mars that we can sparrow right passed.
Cabal couldn't get into the black garden and all you had to do was walk in.
Cabal tried to raid the dreadnaught and failed.

Cabal raid would be easy.

All I'm saying is Bungie(and other developers) should play old time runescape for more inspiration on puzzles, platforming, and enemy encounters. It's really that good.

Plz? :3

As much as the game sucks Maple Story had some interesting platforming. They should take inspiration from that .-.

Top Bottom