• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

All I'm saying is Bungie(and other developers) should play old time runescape for more inspiration on puzzles, platforming, and enemy encounters. It's really that good.

Plz? :3

Holy crap yes. As much fun as I've had playing Destiny, it takes a lot to beat some of the encounter from Runescape. Mainly because if you died you lost everything.

I played my 2nd Heroic Strike about and hour ago, and one of the guys left, and the other player was annoyed with my play style. He criticized me for being cautious in some encounters, where I was trying to stay alive and not restart from a checkpoint. I died once, and we had to restart; He died 10 times.

It was still pretty fun, though. My first Heroic Strike was pretty bad, our team really struggled. I don't recall the name, but it took place on Venus. It took us around 45 minutes to complete it, and we were only saved because our Warlock self-resurrected at the last second.

Lol. Funnily enough the second guy that left died like 8 times because he kept rushing in and the one time I couldn't revive him because I was getting shot at by an ogre and a captain, he just quits.

But I gotta get those legendary marks and a new legendary weapon someway.

Zocano

As much as the game sucks Maple Story had some interesting platforming. They should take inspiration from that .-.

At the point I had played to (Level 70?) the platforming we have here is as complex as Maple Story's so I dunno.

The ship stuff was good, I want more stuff like that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Are you forgetting oracles not giving anything? Entrance to Templar is just as long as Kings Fall to Warpriest
Oracles give some stuff including Praetorian Foil on hard (to people other than me). Confluxes give nada

Ideally Oracles and Confluxes should've been combined into one checkpoint/encounter. Though it does fit thematically, they'd never have done it that way if it wasn't the first raid and basic concept of "how this is all gonna go" weren't being introduced. On replay that section truly drags, and not just a little because so many groups tended toward avoiding doing it legit altogether by the end of the first cycle before TDB.

Hello Guardians this is Cayde 6 here with the weather. They'll be a 100% of being blown into the wall nearest you.

Lol. Okay I will admit get killed by goofy physics is either hilarious or frustrating. I'm just tired of the hive. The Cabal are the least fleshed out species too. They are introduced at the end of the story and don't have half the lore as other species. It also makes sense for them to send a large fighting force to attack Oryx despite us killing him. We could have a new playable zone on Saturn if they set up a FoB there. The raid could have mechanics like nuclear failsafes activating instead of magic instawipes.

I would have done Confluxes like so

First wave all 3 Confluxes are active. Have to stand by the conflux to "construct" it.
Legions
Second wave just a timed round of Oracles
Legions
Third wave all 3 confluxes + Oracles. Stand in confluxes while shooting oracles.

Boom. Difficult, nearly impossible to cheese and no dragging on fights

Zocano

Lol. Okay I will admit get killed by goofy physics is either hilarious or frustrating. I'm just tired of the hive. The Cabal are the least fleshed out species too. They are introduced at the end of the story and don't have half the lore as other species. It also makes sense for them to send a large fighting force to attack Oryx despite us killing him. We could have a new playable zone on Saturn if they set up a FoB there. The raid could have mechanics like nuclear failsafes activating instead of magic instawipes.

Like I said last page.

Cabal super legionaire man is in a moving land tank that does not stop. Only way on is to physically board it via sparrow shenanigans. Raid proceeds like normal after you're on it.

Cabal set up an exclusion zone on mars that we can sparrow right passed.
Cabal couldn't get into the black garden and all you had to do was walk in.
Cabal tried to raid the dreadnaught and failed.

Cabal raid would be easy.

Haha, maybe if their high ranking officers actually showed up they might be able to actually win a fight. As it is it feels like there are only a few Cabal scouts around. Their occupation of Mars and the dreadnought feels far more sparse than other species' presence, especially considering their nature.

Afrocious

I want the equivalent of this fight from The Old Republic in Destiny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fJEjDtGiNI

I'm not even going to explain what's going on, but this is one of the best boss fights I've had with a group of people and would love to experience it with DestinyGAF.

I'm looking at this vid and remembering my time in TOR GAF and I gotta say that shit taught me how to play videogames.

Oracles give some stuff including Praetorian Foil on hard (to people other than me). Confluxes give nada

Ideally Oracles and Confluxes should've been combined into one checkpoint/encounter. Though it does fit thematically, they'd never have done it that way if it wasn't the first raid and basic concept of "how this is all gonna go" weren't being introduced. On replay that section truly drags, and not just a little because so many groups tended toward avoiding doing it legit altogether by the end of the first cycle before TDB.

Yeah confluxes. My bad. Still from the start to there is about 15-20 minutes. If the jumping puzzles don't take too long you can get to the prove your worth bit before Warpriest in the same time

Like I said last page.

Cabal super legionaire man is in a moving land tank that does not stop. Only way on is to physically board it via sparrow shenanigans. Raid proceeds like normal after you're on it.

That sounds far too fun. It would be great to chase after it and hope to hop on after going off a sweet jump.

Haha, maybe if their high ranking officers actually showed up they might be able to actually win a fight. As it is it feels like there are only a few Cabal scouts around. Their occupation of Mars and the dreadnought feels far more sparse than other species' presence, especially considering their nature.
All the High ranking cabal soldiers have been beaten in our solar system. Cayde confirms that after the shield brothers strike. We beat the shit out of their attempted invasion of our solar system.

It's all but guaranteed will be getting a Cabal DLC. I'm assuming the Empire isn't happy about us kicking their behind up and down the block.

All the High ranking cabal soldiers have been beaten in our solar system. Cayde confirms that after the shield brothers strike. We beat the shit out of their attempted invasion of our solar system.

It's all but guaranteed will be getting a Cabal DLC. I'm assuming the Empire isn't happy about is kicking their behind up and down the block.

I should have been more specific. I meant their super higher ups that ordered then here, like their emperor. I would have said their emperor but he'll be in the 2nd Cabal Dlc after you kill his son in the first Cabal Dlc. Kappa.

Zocano

There is still a 5th race that has yet to show up.

Destiny-Concept-Art-31.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lorewise, the Cabal are in a position of straight-up desperation as of TTK. Would be nice if the premise of their raid had some kind of twist that made them particularly threatening again compared to the other races.

Zocano

Lorewise, the Cabal are in a position of straight-up desperation as of TTK. Would be nice if the premise of their raid had some kind of twist that made them particularly threatening again compared to the other races.

Both the Fallen and Cabal are on their last legs as a species.

I imagine we will ally with them down the road since their end goals are mostly in line with humanity's. Both the Vex and Hive are very clearly aligned with the "Darkness" while the Fallen and Cabal are very clearly scared and fleeing from it.

There is still a 5th race that has yet to show up.

At some point in Destiny we will see Ahamkara. I know they were hunted to extinction before the events of Destiny but there's no way that we don't see magical wish granting space dragons.

The nine are definitely Ahamkara. A powerful secret organization with a mysterious servant that brings us loot at the cost of strange currency? Definitely Ahamkara.

Zocano

I want to know which group or clan Taox is a part of. We are clearly going to meet her (sooner rather than later, I imagine).

maomaoIYP

Tip for all you Warlocks out there: I'm fairly certain that Landfall on Stormcaller will blind people in Crucible.

Why worry about blinding people? Landfall kills with a direct hit.
Also, you can do ionic blink in mid air, it's basically identical to voidwalker's blink. It does use super energy, but makes you impossible to catch, eliminating stormtrance's biggest disadvantage. I run impossible machinese + ionic blink. It's my favorite super of all 3 new subclasses in PvP.

NeOak

First time done with Oryx with a checkpoint. Got the raid scout 304 with full auto and the hand cannon 300 with firefly lol.

Started from scratch. Warpriest gave me a 304 ghost shell.

Not bad for a first time.

Dalek

I was doing patrols on the Dreadnaught, and had to kill a VIP near the area where the tank is in the Shield Bris strike. As soon as I killed the Cabal VIP one of the door next to him opened up. I had never seen that door open before so I went in. There was one terminal like the one you use your Sunbreaker items on, and I when I approached it a was prompted to use my ghost to scan it. As soon as I did, an alarm went off, the same alarm that goes off when th Cabal summon their champion, only nothing happened after that. I exited the room and looked around but nothing happened, and the door closed behind me.

Afrocious

And not revolve around jumping mechanics, my god it gets annoying in the raid. I cleared it finally and the jumping makes me never want to return lol (except for the ghost)

Agreed except I don't mind running KF a bunch of times with good groups.

Bungie is so desperate to want to make a 3rd person platformer.

Why worry about blinding people? Landfall kills with a direct hit.
Also, you can do ionic blink in mid air, it's basically identical to voidwalker's blink. It does use super energy, but makes you impossible to catch, eliminating stormtrance's biggest disadvantage. I run impossible machinese + ionic blink. It's my favorite super of all 3 new subclasses in PvP.

I do the same. Combine that with the perk where you get bonus energy if you use Super with full grenade and melee energy and you'll have plenty of energy to blink and kill.

Hedge

For a person who sucks at PVP, how probable would it be to get the Iron Banner armor? I just want the hunter helmet, really.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I'm looking to get into the KF Raid around Warsinger. A little before, or a little after is fine. Titan, 294L.

PSN: OldKingKratos

Zocano

For a person who sucks at PVP, how probable would it be to get the Iron Banner armor? I just want the hunter helmet, really.

Iron Banner is pretty scrub-friendly compared to Trials but I dunno how it's gonna be with their new loot system coming up.

___

Also I wanna know who is talking in this (Taken Champions Grimoire Card):

Do not come looking for me. I have slain the last three assassins, Arach. I will slay all who follow. All who would remove me from my lair. The Taken... heh. Such a terrible word. Gifted, we should call them. Blessed. Cleansed.

The Taken carry true power. And what do those of my order seek? Understanding is power. Power is understanding.

We have always sought purchase beyond our skies. Beyond reach of the dead god that hangs in our sky, beyond the reach of the terrible enemy.

I have seen the enemy's face. But that dying Thrall was no monster. It was in ecstasy. I felt the power as my knife bit home. I heard their song, for just a moment.

I will hear it again. Oryx is the Truth. And I will have it.

Provided that the helmet is available I'd say very probable. The stuff is supposed to be able to drop this time and even if you have to rank up to get it you only need to win around 1 in 5 games since you get a medallion each tome you lose that is turned into rep when you win. Hop in a GAF train and you'll be fine.

Top Bottom