• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Hedge

Iron Banner is pretty scrub-friendly compared to Trials but I dunno how it's gonna be with their new loot system coming up.

Provided that the helmet is available I'd say very probable. The stuff is supposed to be able to drop this time and even if you have to rank up to get it you only need to win around 1 in 5 games since you get a medallion each tome you lose that is turned into rep when you win. Hop in a GAF train and you'll be fine.

Ah, that doesn't sound too bad, then. I was dreading something worse.
But they don't sell all armour every tournament? My helmet!

Iron Banner is pretty scrub-friendly compared to Trials but I dunno how it's gonna be with their new loot system coming up.

___

Also I wanna know who is talking in this (Taken Champions Grimoire Card):

Putting on my detective hat I come to the conclusion that it is an earthling with loose ties to dead orbit. Arach is Arach Jalaal the DO rep. The god in the skys refers to the traveler which is now above earth. It's someone who knows much of the hive so if it's a currently established character then it's either Eris or Toland. Eris isn't in hiding though so I'd say Toland is a safe bet. I'm not sure if we have ever heard what happened to Toland.

Ah, that doesn't sound too bad, then. I was dreading something worse.
But they don't sell all armour every tournament? My helmet!

In the past it has been 2 armor pieces, and 2 weapons which rotate each time it comes around. He always had class items, shaders, and emblems available though.

RexNovis

Banned
OT but I walked into my office today to find out my work schedule is changed and instead of my regular 3 classes a day I'm teaching 7 classes today. I am absolutely knackered right now. Falling asleep at my desk.

Was hoping to hop on Destiny for a bit and play with some of y'all after work but I might need to turn in for a long ass nap instead. At least this means I only have 1 class on reset day now. So that's a plus. Should definitely be down for some reset raids and whatnot.

I really wished things like weapon synths and 3oC could be mappable to the dpad. Annoying having to go into character screen then go right to inventory to use an item.

BLCKATK

Man this community stuff makes no sense to me. First I'm in the community but can't see it, then I'm in the community proper, and now I need to request membership again? Seems like a glitchy mess to me.

Hopefully one of the mods sees this, but if someone could add Azys_ to the community, that'd be great. Don't know how or why it's been such a glitchy mess on me, but it is what it is.

Finally started a second character even though I've had the game since launch last year. Just got up to the Champions on Earth. Stirok is the most frustrating part of this game.

I was doing patrols on the Dreadnaught, and had to kill a VIP near the area where the tank is in the Shield Bris strike. As soon as I killed the Cabal VIP one of the door next to him opened up. I had never seen that door open before so I went in. There was one terminal like the one you use your Sunbreaker items on, and I when I approached it a was prompted to use my ghost to scan it. As soon as I did, an alarm went off, the same alarm that goes off when th Cabal summon their champion, only nothing happened after that. I exited the room and looked around but nothing happened, and the door closed behind me.

There's two doors in that place that can be opened just by taking out your ghost. You'll need a fireteam of two to activate those terminals at the same time. Then the door to the bridge will open and you can fight an Ultra enemy there and get an emblem.

Hedge

There's two doors in that place that can be opened just by taking out your ghost. You'll need a fireteam of two to activate those terminals at the same time. Then the door to the bridge will open and you can fight an Ultra enemy there and get an emblem.

You can also get there solo, though.

Akai XIII

Did the PVP class quests last night, got all the emblems. Just two quests left now, the Red Bull and Crucible quest. I've even done the original story ones that appear in the abandoned quest kiosk.

Raybunny

And I thought I'd get my Last malice but seems I am still missing one fragment.

Hence I will be doing a full fragment run today ( aside the agonarch and raid ones).

That means checking 38 locations (47 - ( 5 from the raid + 2 T3 CoO Bosses + Agonarch + 1st Nighfall)).

If you feel like joining and get your possible last ones, lets me know. Run will start after my dailies in around 8h30.

16h45 GMT

Hedge

Oh? I thought they had to be activated simultaneously. Enough that you activate one and run to the other?

Ah, no. I mean you can get there solo. At the door to the bridge (you go through it during shield bros strike, guarded by taken) there is a small vent at the upper left corner. That will bypass the door easily.

Raybunny

Oh? I thought they had to be activated simultaneously. Enough that you activate one and run to the other?

Go on patrol, go inside the crashed cabal ship. Go to the door that is closed and jump on the left side. There is a small gap that you can pass through.

Raybunny

Holy crap, The 4th Horseman is amazing.

4thh.jpg

Ah, no. I mean you can get there solo. At the door to the bridge (you go through it during shield bros strike, guarded by taken) there is a small vent at the upper left corner. That will bypass the door easily.

Go on patrol, go inside the crashed cabal ship. Go to the door that is closed and jump on the left side. There is a small gap that you can pass through.

huh :D thanks!

89668f26c692bc19b7ea222434c29f44.395x192x1.jpg

Nova Bomb definitely kills, as would a Fist. Those both do upwards of 700 damage against a normal defense enemy whereas Golden Gun only does around 420, only slightly more than a high impact sniper headshot.

Sunbreakers in Trials will just make the first two rounds super (pun intended) important. If you jump out to a quick lead you can bury them before their Hammers activate. If you have slow rounds or fall behind... ehhhhh

It only clicked for me last night with the perks on The Stag as I was thinking about Trials

Doe or Die
Once per life, your Super charges faster when your teammates are dead. Chance to respawn with an over shield.

So technically a team of 3 staglocks could have a super on every round past the first

Edit Gratz on the Flawless run

Nuszka

Morning gaf. Woke up to the news of first flawless here (world?), congratulations !!! Finally will have some time to play tonight, off work for 2 days !!!

oh, might as well ask while learning,

what can we do with the Orb that sometimes spawn on the Dreadnaught near the CoO area, when you wipe the praying hive and all spawning Taken, including one named one? Similar to the raid beginning.

Text says something like "Ritual spawns a relic orb" and you can carry it around? Where should i take it to?

Jblanks

oh, might as well ask while learning,

what can we do with the Orb that sometimes spawn on the Dreadnaught near the CoO area, when you wipe the praying hive and all spawning Taken, including one named one? Similar to the raid beginning.

Text says something like "Ritual spawns a relic orb" and you can carry it around? Where should i take it to?

Its for the one room that has chest but you get damaged while in that room, and the chest takes awhile to open. The relic protects you from that stuff that damages you. You get a fragment from the chest.

.... or you could just use your sword, and block the stuff that hurts you :)

Raybunny

And I thought I'd get my Last malice but seems I am still missing one fragment.

Hence I will be doing a full fragment run today ( aside the agonarch and raid ones).

That means checking 38 locations (47 - ( 5 from the raid + 2 T3 CoO Bosses + Agonarch + 1st Nighfall)).

If you feel like joining and get your possible last ones, lets me know. Run will start after my dailies in around 8h30.

16h45 GMT

1 spot taken. 1 open

Unstable

Good shit guys!
I will have to watch the video, I wanna see that "stabie nearly killed himself with ToM at the end" thing... :D

So, what's the next thing?
Flawless VoG, CE and KF back to back? :D

Sparrows only obliviously.

I wish we could try that lol

Its for the one room that has chest but you get damaged while in that room, and the chest takes awhile to open. The relic protects you from that stuff that damages you. You get a fragment from the chest.

.... or you could just use your sword, and block the stuff that hurts you :)

Allright, thanks! :D gotta get the 45 fragments anyways now for the Eris quest so i'm definitely missing that one.

Waiting for armsday to continue my exotic sword quest. It didn't take too long to farm the spinmetal or arc kills. About 2 hours farming on Earth. Is the last mission difficult?

Top Bottom