• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Has there been any word on there being an inventory update for Eris Mourn and Variks? It seem rather odd that they still sell Year One armor. Eris has some Year Two items for sale, so they're half-way there.

I really hope they design hunters helmets to look less like shit since some cloaks will reveal the top.

The only two helmets I can think of that looks good without a cloak covering your head is Graviton and Nighthawk.

Bog Wild also looks ok. Kinda GI Joe Snake Eyes looking.

There are quite a few helmets I think look great with the Taniks. The Neuroghast I am running now looks fairly slick (and will look even better once I get my hands on the Chatterwhite shader):

CQky-wSUEAAy-b1.png:medium

We need the top PvP players to go into some sweaties. Have team A play with 6 Sunbreakers, have team B play with anything but Sunbreakers. Next, flip it. Team A = no Sunbreakers, Team B = all Sunbreakers. Have them play as many match as they can. Dissect the results.

Obviously these results wouldn't be 100% conclusive but it could be an easy way to gauge just how out of hand Sunbreakers really are in a quick fashion.

That was quick.

To be fair...I've been wanting a wireless headset for a while. Getting the Hori just helped me pull that trigger...plus, the thought of never having to pull the trigger on a scout or pulse again has me giddy.

Edit: Also Frenden's 10 second GIF review of it
3o85xxIR04TwCemImc.gif

Dave_6

There are quite a few helmets I think look great with the Taniks. The Neuroghast I am running now looks fairly slick (and will look even better once I get my hands on the Chatterwhite shader):

CQky-wSUEAAy-b1.png:medium

I want that cloak so bad I can't stand it :(

Looking for a group to do Daughters or Oryx. Was with a group earlier and had to jet.

Anyone interested in getting something together? I'd love to finish before reset.

Dave_6

40 Shadow Thief runs on Normal got me two. The grind will be real, as I've encountered a lot of other people hunting for it much longer without one.

May RNGesus bless your efforts, Dave!

I did maybe 20 over the weekend. Started having constant connection issues yesterday so I just got pissed and quit playing :/

Gaf I need help, I am 3 fragments off of ToM, 2 are in Golgoroths maze, and the last one is for T3 CoO. Anyone have a checkpoint or T3 Rune?

EL CUCO

But Shadow Shot and Weapons of Light DO stack at least.
Yup WoL stacks with both Shadow shot or Melting point. I didn't realize MP was a 50% increase in damage. Wish it was easier hit bosses with it. Would be cool if they could throw it like Nightstalkers can throw their smoke/invis nades using melee.
So use WoL + SS or WoL + MP but do not combine MP and SS because then MP is wasted. Done.
Bingo

Frostburn

Kk. I guess we have a static going on now, but I dunno if Zoba is in.

I wish Wicked would join :(

If Zoba doesn't join, that makes 3 slots for Tuesday at 5PM eastern. Anyone want to join?

Edit: yay LiK!!

I can join up for the raid at 5pm EST tomorrow. Have a few 4-5 clears under my belt now, have a MoT, etc.

BahamutPT

Gaf I need help, I am 3 fragments off of ToM, 2 are in Golgoroths maze, and the last one is for T3 CoO. Anyone have a checkpoint or T3 Rune?

There's only one in the maze. Are you referring to the 2 that can be found in the piston jumping puzzle? I may have the checkpoint for that one.

Kyoufu

Yup WoL stacks with both Shadow shot or Melting point. I didn't realize MP was a 50% increase in damage. Wish it was easier hit bosses with it. Would be cool if they could throw it like Nightstalkers can throw their smoke/invis nades using melee.

Bingo

MP should be a mini hammer throw tbh. Kinda like Throwing Knives.

Only pieces of Strike legendaries I've found are the Maulers and Treads Upon Stars. Twice. No Imago Loop, no Cloak of Taniks, no nothing. I must've run all those strikes at least fifty times at this point, if not more.

It matchmade me solo last night as well but fortunately I took out the knight before croaking

Same here, poxy splash damage

This fucking game, from the debbie downer I had on Saturday with the fragments/runes debacle, i'm now sitting at 44/45 with a charged antiquated ready to go for tomorrow. I've still got to farm 3x materials for the exotic swords, so its not getting off that easily though

deoee

This monday evening:

Is one man strong enough to finish the TLW crucible quest?
Can he defeat the miserable balancing Bungie has done?
What will he feel abusing weapon switching?

There's only one in the maze. Are you referring to the 2 that can be found in the piston jumping puzzle? I may have the checkpoint for that one.

Isn't there not one in the maze that you need to stand on 4 pressure plates for? Then there is one at a dead end? The two I have are from the totem room and the start of the dick wall area

Didn't get the chance to finish the raid with my group. Anyone want to run sisters through oryx? Would love to get my first completion in before the reset tonight. 295 hunter here. I know the mechanics of sisters and watched oryx vids, just need to execute it with a group.

Baliis

Isn't there not one in the maze that you need to stand on 4 pressure plates for? Then there is one at a dead end? The two I have are from the totem room and the start of the dick wall area

The plates are just for a generic chest. There's one in the hallway rigt after golgoroth though, before you get to the jumping puzzle

Frostburn

One before going up the teleporter after ship jumping, one in doorway room to WarPriest, one in Golgoroth's maze on the left, one after Golgoroth in a room on the left up on a rock before heading right to the piston room, one in the piston room down from where you enter. 5 total.

BahamutPT

Only one in the maze itself near the first plate (two left turns from the beginning of the maze).
There are 2 post-Golgoroth. One on the way to the pistons and one right below the entrance to the piston area. The checkpoint I got is this one, so if you're missing one here you can still get it.

Top Bottom