• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

PuMa

Congrats Flawless people. It's about time GAF gets some recognition.

If anything Sunbreakers need more armor, have wolfpack rounds like projectiles after each hammer, and have midi like agility along with radar being on at all times. Bow before your Titans.

DsFhEEGzo9LVu.gif

I went with Hung Jury. It just looks fucking sexy.

I'll be getting a fuckton of Marks on this character anyway, Bad Juju is next on the list.

Any protips on getting these ability kills for the Exotic Sword for Nightstalker? I'm going to try to wrap that up tonight. I think all I've seen mentioned is waking the Hive...

Alright, MASSIVE thanks to iRAWR, Hawkian, Milkham, Dave and Azys for helping me get my first Oryx kill! Super smooth with you guys. Got the handcannon and now I'm no longer #Forever299.

I do have to say it especially awesome to have Hawkian there. That was the first time I played with him and I can see why he leads all of the newbie raids. Never known raid encounters to be explained so perfectly before. I'm not afraid to admit I was in awe of being in his presence :D Kind of glad I didn't have my mic ;)
you other guys were fantastic too! ;)

purg3

slept with Malkin
It's kind of silly that Titans get a flaming hammer yet can't fly. Address this issue Bungie!

Just wait until we get that exotic with the thruster pack. I'm going to be boosting through the sky like a fucking Gundam, raining hammers of death and destruction from above.

Dunemarchers will be even better though lol. Shit needs to be available now.

radiohead1

Neo Member
You should be able to get 45 fragments at any given time, which is all you need.

I wish that were the case, but for dummies like me who didn't do Tier 3 CoO during the first 2 weeks, or the Nightfall that took place on the Dreadnaught, or didn't know about charging the Argonach Rune (or however it is spelled), you hit a wall at about 42!

Deku Tree

Any protips on getting these ability kills for the Exotic Sword for Nightstalker? I'm going to try to wrap that up tonight. I think all I've seen mentioned is waking the Hive...

Wake the Hive. Use Bad Juju to recharge your super. Grenades. Melee when charged. Grind.

I did Voidwalker with Obsidian Mind + Bad Juju + Wake the Hive. Warlock is OP for exotic sword quest on all three subclasses.

zewone

Bad Juju and the Warmind mission worked for me.

Switch to 3 arrows as i don't know if tether enemies count as ability kills ornot.

It's cool IMO. I like where GAF stands, off on the side away from the spotlight. The internet might not know but we knows where the true 1% of the 1% are at.

Tecnniqe

Banned
You know... Jesus once said:
Mm, yes, a fine cloak. But I have a super-compressed supercollider on my arm. Can your cloak split quarks?
Deo get your cloak off my map
Sunbreakers should also have flaming clones. For every second they sprint they leave behind flaming clones which could damage enemies.

This sounds like something out of Diablo.

Hammer of Sol should be able to ban accounts on impact.
It already does

Helm looks like a bowling ball :|

But that cloak *_* Is this the Taniks one?
Yup! It's so rad. I really hope Bungie explores more hoodless cloaks after how popular and sought after Tanik's has become.

CQlD7tEU8AAw6Ib.png:large

As soon as I get this Shader I think I'll have my gear scheme locked in.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
The flawless runs approach to Gologroth wa not what I was expecting. Is that strat dependent on everyone being 300+ w/310 snipers? Because I doubt most teams would be able to do enough DPS to have the luxury to hop out after one orb.

Deku Tree

I wish that were the case, but for dummies like me who didn't do Tier 3 CoO during the first 2 weeks, or the Nightfall that took place on the Dreadnaught, or didn't know about charging the Argonach Rune (or however it is spelled), you hit a wall at about 42!

If you can find someone with a charged Argonach Rune then yours should charge completely during the ceremony. Didn't realize the Darkblade fragment was NF exclusive. If you can get those two plus this weeks CoO that should put you at 45.

You can get to 45 with just one Tier 3 CoO. In any case as long as you finish it before Wed Armsday, then you can get the exotic sword strike this Wed.

tick221

Load up "The Wakening" mission in regular. You will get to a point where a door opens a about 8-10 cursed thrall will head towards that door, kill them and they will respawm after about 5-7 seconds

easy peasy

EDIT for the vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_cDV8YWDqw

I've got a Charged Agonarch Rune I'd like to use to get my last fragment needed to get my ToM, anyone feel like helping out? Wouldn't mind help with the Undying Mind and Fears Embrace steps after that either. Let me know. PSN is MrJellyBean.

Namikaze1

The flawless runs approach to Gologroth wa not what I was expecting. Is that strat dependent on everyone being 300+ w/310 snipers? Because I doubt most teams would be able to do enough DPS to have the luxury to hop out after one orb.
Everything was 300/310 Black Spindle.

We just used WoL and the Nightstalker's tether to do massive amount of damage using Black Spindle.

Deku Tree

You know if you are 300+ and have a black spindle it does the same damage on Gologoroth at 300 attack that it does at 310 attack.

Trakan

If Wednesday turns into the "daily heroic that can award an exotic" day each week, I hope they change it up this week.

radiohead1

Neo Member
If you can find someone with a charged Argonach Rune then yours should charge completely during the ceremony. Didn't realize the Darkblade fragment was NF exclusive. If you can get those two plus this weeks CoO that should put you at 45.

You can get to 45 with just one Tier 3 CoO. In any case as long as you finish it before Wed Armsday, then you can get the exotic sword strike this Wed.

Sweet! I now have a plan. Thanks, Deku.

deoee

Yup! It's so rad. I really hope Bungie explores more hoodless cloaks after how popular and sought after Tanik's has become.

CQlD7tEU8AAw6Ib.png:large

As soon as I get this Shader I think I'll have my gear scheme locked in.

How often did you kill the poor bastard? :D

Deku Tree

I've got a Charged Agonarch Rune I'd like to use to get my last fragment needed to get my ToM, anyone feel like helping out? Wouldn't mind help with the Undying Mind and Fears Embrace steps after that either. Let me know. PSN is MrJellyBean.

You should team up with radiohead1.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Mm, yes, a fine cloak. But I have a super-compressed supercollider on my arm. Can your cloak split quarks?

It already does

I've noticed a lot of Diablo players also play Destiny. Like Floe.

Can you get the Tankis cloak from 36 or does it have to be Heroic?

Also...Iron Banner AND Star Wars Beta this week? There is no time! There is never any time!

deoee

It already does

I will play my Titan someday and you gonna carry me to lvl 40!

Raybunny

To be fair, it's not like the video is titled
GAF Team: Destiny King's Fall Flawless Raider

Why I said: Barely any.

Sunbreakers should also have flaming clones. For every second they sprint they leave behind flaming clones which could damage enemies. And their melee should create giant flaming orbs the size of a Taken Captain's Darkness ball.

So titans would be "mesmerized" hein (if you played GW2 you will understand)? Ain't nobody got time for that.

lcc.jpg

Top of the page edit.

how happy are warlocks with the stormcaller class?

never played a warlock and i'm tempted to skip leveling SC altogether and just going straight for voidwalker and sunsinger--not sure why stormcaller doesn't appeal to me

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Alright, MASSIVE thanks to iRAWR, Hawkian, Milkham, Dave and Azys for helping me get my first Oryx kill! Super smooth with you guys. Got the handcannon and now I'm no longer #Forever299.

I do have to say it especially awesome to have Hawkian there. That was the first time I played with him and I can see why he leads all of the newbie raids. Never known raid encounters to be explained so perfectly before. I'm not afraid to admit I was in awe of being in his presence :D Kind of glad I didn't have my mic ;)
you other guys were fantastic too! ;)
Aw man thanks, you spoil me XD You did awesome!

Wake the Hive. Use Bad Juju to recharge your super. Grenades. Melee when charged. Grind.

I did Voidwalker with Obsidian Mind + Bad Juju + Wake the Hive. Warlock is OP for exotic sword quest on all three subclasses.

Bad Juju and the Warmind mission worked for me.

Switch to 3 arrows as i don't know if tether enemies count as ability kills ornot.

Load up "The Wakening" mission in regular. You will get to a point where a door opens a about 8-10 cursed thrall will head towards that door, kill them and they will respawm after about 5-7 seconds

easy peasy

EDIT for the vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_cDV8YWDqw

Thanks for the tips guys. Unfortunately I started the quest on my hunter so I'm stuck doing it with him. I'm already at 35% just from playing the game the last few days so hopefully this last 65% isn't soulcrushing.

Kyoufu

how happy are warlocks with the stormcaller class?

never played a warlock and i'm tempted to skip leveling SC altogether and just going straight for voidwalker and sunsinger--not sure why stormcaller doesn't appeal to me

Stormcaller is the only reason why I'm playing my Warlock right now. It's pretty great.

Afrocious

You can do 5 or 6 cycles of one gaze dps and still beat the enrage timer. <300 light folks should do it for an easier time. Black Spindle helps but not necessary. It reduces time on the boss, but you should be fine without it considering adds drop ammo and the Taken phase is where you can speed up things.

EL CUCO

Geez, these websites just regurgitate each other's articles. Props to Eurogamer for being the first.

Chuckled at this, though. Stabbie, think about the kids!
(though you should be aware that the language in the video is frequently NSFW).

LiK

My raid gauntlets give me faster sniper reload as well as fast reload in aura. You guys should see how fast I reload shooting Oryx. :p

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I've done it the one orb way almost every time, and it was definitely not with teams who all had spindles. It's not that hard to do enough dps. 5 people DPS'ing is a lot.

TetsujinZ

Hey guys,

I've recently gotten into Destiny with TTK (owned vanilla and the two DLCs but didn't play much during Y1). Been playing mostly solo so far, would love to play with other Gaffers that are typically online around 9:30PM-midnight Pacific time. Hard for me to play at other times with two young kids. So if you fall into that group please add me, PSN is TetsujinZ.

I am not super hardcore or anything, just looking for other chill players to have some fun times. Have a 293 warlock and would love to try the raid, but generally am down for whatever (dailies, strikes, CoO, etc.).

Top Bottom