• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Only pieces of Strike legendaries I've found are the Maulers and Treads Upon Stars. Twice. No Imago Loop, no Cloak of Taniks, no nothing. I must've run all those strikes at least fifty times at this point, if not more.
Wait, Imago Loop is a strike legendary? I just got one and thought it was pretty meh.

Goddamn, I think I will just hold off on scraping any legendaries/exotics until I know wtf I am doing in this game, ahaha.

Frenden

Banned
I'm so glad I went on a few decent streaks in Mayhem and got the Chaperone out of the way without cheesing. That quest suuuuuuuuuucks.

Frostburn

Hey guys, starting a raid from Golgoroth at 4:30 EST today, guiding a few new people through (They've done great up to this CP, one shotted Warpriest). Dave1988 joined us for the first part so with my friends and I that makes 4 and we'll need 2 more. If you are cool with having a few n00bs on the run feel free to join me when I hop on around 4:30.

King's Fall - From Golgoroth's Lair - 4:30 EST

1. US-Frostburn
2. PSK_Box
3. Ronnoc_2313
4. Dave1988 ???

deoee

tumblr_nt1px8IOjl1s4gyauo1_400.gif

Tecnniqe

Banned
Just noticed that GAF Flawless King's Fall got a write up on Polygon.

Grats again, fellas.

I swear, most of Polygon's Destiny content is just rewriting the Destiny subreddit. Notable exception is Daniel Friedman who writes long editorials analyzing Destiny.

Ugh. Polygon getting that click ad money from DGAF now. Oooooooshiieeeeet.

I dont like Polygon. If you didnt notice.
I dont think they do journalism all that much, it does indeed seems like "Pick 3 Reddit Threads"

Good raid with good people with good loot. But bad values!

307 boots (better than my 304)
304 bond (not better than my 306)
303 boots (worse than both)
302 Doom of Chelsis (not better than my 304 DoC)

2 exotic engrams via 3oC:
310 Invective (Dupe)
290 Impossible Machines (first but 310 would have been awesome!)

Infusion mats :)

I have only invective special and it gives me another. My 2 exotic primary and 2 exotic special engrams so far since TTK came out are hawkmoon x 2 and invective x 2.

Only one in the maze itself near the first plate (two left turns from the beginning of the maze).
There are 2 post-Golgoroth. One on the way to the pistons and one right below the entrance to the piston area. The checkpoint I got is this one, so if you're missing one here you can still get it.

Ah okay, I need the maze one and the one post golgoroth. If you have the checkpoint could I grab it off you? PSN is CollateralCat-

zewone

Wait, Imago Loop is a strike legendary? I just got one and thought it was pretty meh.

Goddamn, I think I will just hold off on scraping any legendaries/exotics until I know wtf I am doing in this game, ahaha.

The strikes drops have random perk rolls.

Imago Loop is a Fatebringer clone in looks and stats. If you can get one with Outlaw and Firefly you'll think it's pretty cool.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Wait. We're on Polygon now?!

:O

Ofc. They F5 reddit and twitter.

Iz wat wi du

Edit: Dont get me wrong, its good PR for the stream and whatnot, but this is just copypaste from all the other sites.
Its what i hate most about "games media". Everyone post more or less the same stuff all the time.

vctor182

There are quite a few helmets I think look great with the Taniks. The Neuroghast I am running now looks fairly slick (and will look even better once I get my hands on the Chatterwhite shader):

CQky-wSUEAAy-b1.png:medium

Hunters vendor helmets are shit, except FWC. That one is awesome, imagine if we could edit the text displayed or your clan tag!

Frostburn

Just noticed that GAF Flawless King's Fall got a write up on Polygon.

Grats again, fellas.

I swear, most of Polygon's Destiny content is just rewriting the Destiny subreddit. Notable exception is Daniel Friedman who writes long editorials analyzing Destiny.

Heh, good for Unstable's stream hopefully! Honestly the most nail biting moment for me besides the MoT moment would be when Unstable almost missed the ship after jumping early and only got up there with a sword swipe right at the very edge. That and watching the piston jump room, I am confident I can do the raid without dying but the jumping part there would make me nervous as all heck.

LiK

pretty excited for Armsday to get the damn exotic sword alloys. can't believe they make us wait for that.

Okay guys, help me out. Either I buy Hung Jury from the Dead Orbit vendor, even though I have a fuckton of good Scout Rifles already. Or I buy the Y2 version of Bad Juju for my Warlock, who I just started levelling up from 34 to 40.

Is Hung Jury really that good?

Frostburn

Okay guys, help me out. Either I buy Hung Jury from the Dead Orbit vendor, even though I have a fuckton of good Scout Rifles already. Or I buy the Y2 version of Bad Juju for my Warlock, who I just started levelling up from 34 to 40.

It is a great scout rifle but if you have some you enjoy using it isn't a must buy, go with the Bad Juju if that will help your Warlock more.

zewone

It's the best vendor gun in the game and frees up your exotic slot for something else.

Unless there's a specific reason you want a Bad Juju, I'd go with Hung Jury.

Buy Bad JuJu.

People, BUY BAD JUJU IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE IT

Probably my favorite weapon right now. I use it exclusively in PvP

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Congrats Flawless people. It's about time GAF gets some recognition.

If anything Sunbreakers need more armor, have wolfpack rounds like projectiles after each hammer, and have midi like agility along with radar being on at all times. Bow before your Titans.

Mindlog

If I had to choose.
Scout Rifles are outstanding in PvE and pretty solid in PvP. However, Talcum Powder and several others also do the job well.
Bad Juju is my standard PvP weapon.

They both have the great bonus that you probably won't ever find them above their purchase light so infusing them is always a good idea.

If anything Sunbreakers need more armor, have wolfpack rounds like projectiles after each hammer, and have midi like agility along with radar being on at all times. Bow before your Titans.
It's kind of silly that Titans get a flaming hammer yet can't fly. Address this issue Bungie!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Helm looks like a bowling ball :|

But that cloak *_* Is this the Taniks one?
It's all about cloaks with you guys
Buy Bad JuJu.

People, BUY BAD JUJU IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE IT

Probably my favorite weapon right now. I use it exclusively in PvP

Juju fuels my NaCl generator. It is great!

They only give Destiny reddit credits tho D:
The salt in the comments

Edit:

I like how you keep adding gifs after a few minutes
I dont know what you are talking about.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
there should also be a titan exotic that causes any kills with hammer of sol to blind all other members of the enemy team no matter where they are on the map :)

Raybunny

Ofc. They F5 reddit and twitter.

Iz wat wi du

Edit: Dont get me wrong, its good PR for the stream and whatnot, but this is just copypaste from all the other sites.
Its what i hate most about "games media". Everyone post more or less the same stuff all the time.

I like the fact that there are articles about it. But sad barely any mention to Gaf Destiny.

Reasons why I do read only GiantBomb.

radiohead1

Neo Member
That moment when you can't get the ToM because you need a fragment that won't appear until tonight.

I'm in the same boat. Have 42 fragments now, one I still need from CoO Tier 2, and then one from a new Tier 3 and one from the argonach rune (which I still have one charge left to go). Tomorrow will be the day!

Related question: is it strange that I already did the Undying Mind portion of the ToM quest, before I have 45 fragments? Hoping it is not bugged.

Raybunny

I'm in the same boat. Have 42 fragments now, one I still need from CoO Tier 2, and then one from a new Tier 3 and one from the argonach rune (which I still have one charge left to go). Tomorrow will be the day!

Related question: is it strange that I already did the Undying Mind portion of the ToM quest, before I have 45 fragments? Hoping it is not bugged.

Its ok. The fears Embrace quest will only unlock at 45 fragments though.

Namikaze1

Luke posts here. they should lurk here!
At least we got Kotaku lurking here.

Congrats dgaf KFF (or FKF) Team!

Well unstable did post it there :p
GAF > Internet > GAF

Lol DestinyGAF ignored again
As always. :(

Golden comment:

- title: "...in just over an hour"
- body: "...in under one hour..."

giphy.gif
I think we would have clocked in around 60 minutes (maybe less) if we didn't take breaks before Golgoroth and Oryx, 2 phased the Daughters, and 4 phased Oryx.

But 3 phase Daughters was safer for this run.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sunbreakers should also have flaming clones. For every second they sprint they leave behind flaming clones which could damage enemies. And their melee should create giant flaming orbs the size of a Taken Captain's Darkness ball.

void666

Banned
The strikes drops have random perk rolls.

Imago Loop is a Fatebringer clone in looks and stats. If you can get one with Outlaw and Firefly you'll think it's pretty cool.

I have 2 imago loop. One has outlaw. The other one has firefly. Yay

Top Bottom