• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Is there any easy way to boost the trophy for killing 1 of each class in a single PvP match? I think that's going to be the one that will elude me from the platinum.

zewone

The Gravitron from the kiosk has pure intellect, Inverse Shadow, & Infusion.

I bought that and leveled it up instead. Much better to get the perks you want and infuse to 310 yourself.

Same goes for the Nighthawk from the kiosk. Much better perks than Xur or probably your random roll.

phen0m24

Remember Skolas? That was a fun fight. Kind of wish there was still a reason to do it.

Also, shout out to T-44 logging into my account last night to get me my 44th Fragment. The scent chest wasn't happening, and he saved the day. Malice got shortly thereafter.

Strange coins? We say the same about the vault now though too

zewone

Jeeze.....

I just realized I'm going to have to farm chests on the Dreadnaught without the Hunter's Keen Scout perk which puts chests on your radar.

This is going to suck hard.

I kind of wish that Bungie would give us something worthwhile to do with our motes of light. They're nice to level up a new weapon fast, but I'm still drowning in them now that Xur doesn't let me play the slot machine with them. Am I missing something else?

I miss the Year 1 4th Horseman :p

Just have a Ghost for each material with chance to get material for each engram... it will give you 3-4 materials per engram... I got over 500 for each one just playing with these Ghosts.

Yeah all four legendary ghosts have been my primary purchase with marks. I wish there was a helium filaments one

Anyone ever seen one?

purg3

slept with Malkin
I kind of wish that Bungie would give us something worthwhile to do with our motes of light. They're nice to level up a new weapon fast, but I'm still drowning in them now that Xur doesn't let me play the slot machine with them. Am I missing something else?

Level up factions and get packages?

realcZk

Red Death has quickly become my go-to gun for TTK. It's not as fun to shoot as some other guns (seems to be lacking that satisfying punch/sound effect/visual satisfaction) but it's so damn good. Carried me through the black swindle mission.

noomi

31 points shy of level 310.

Feel pretty good about my trials loadout on my hunter, titan and warlock nowhere near ready for competitive crucible (IB & ToO)

The Gravitron from the kiosk has pure intellect, Inverse Shadow, & Infusion.

I bought that and leveled it up instead. Much better to get the perks you want and infuse to 310 yourself.

Same goes for the Nighthawk from the kiosk. Much better perks than Xur or probably your random roll.

Thanks for the tips Zewone! I love your insights on stuff like this. Any thoughts about an ideal PVP sniper? I can't seem to find anything to replace the Shadow of Veils...

Ran 10 straight Heroic Strikes with Stabie and Jigga:

Taniks - Saber - Taniks - Saber - Taniks - Echo Chamber - Saber - Valus - Shield Bros - Valus (Bungie pls add back in old Strikes ;_;)

Overall we received 5 Exotic engrams from 28 3oCs used.
I got 4 from my 9 3oCs o_O

We decrypted 4 290 Exotics and 1 310, plus I got another 310 Crest from a Legendary. It's not the best system but sadly grinding exotic engrams is the only way outside getting lucky with raid drops to continue vertical progression for Heroic KF. Boots, Ghost and Class Armor are out of your control so celebrate loudly if you get one of those at 310.

SkylineRKR

Red Death has quickly become my go-to gun for TTK. It's not as fun to shoot as some other guns (seems to be lacking that satisfying punch/sound effect/visual satisfaction) but it's so damn good. Carried me through the black swindle mission.

Its the next thing I'm going to waste my marks on. I got Monte Carlo from engram, so no need to choose anymore. Besided, I think RD is not in an engram.

Yeah. I need it for ToM
You can solo it pretty easily. Just skip all the adds until you reach the final room. Clear the initial adds in the final room and then when the echo spawns, just stay in the little hallway room that you came in from. You can snipe the echo from there and then just take care of adds that peak around the corner. If you have an exotic sword, you can take out the wizard in two swipes. It spawns right in front of you. Even better if you happen to be a Titan.

zewone

Thanks for the tips Zewone! I love your insights on stuff like this. Any thoughts about an ideal PVP sniper? I can't seem to find anything to replace the Shadow of Veils...

I haven't played much PVP in TTK and I'm forcing myself to use only TTK weapons, as I don't want to be part of the problem.

I've been using Stillpiercer or 1000 Yard Stare.

PuMa

If aim assist is your thing, you might be fine with 1000YS. It's got a pretty high base AA. I actually really like the raid sniper, but I know some people can't stand the sights. It doesn't have as high impact, but it has the same AA as Veils and more stability. I think impact might not matter as much in Trials this time around because it will probably be a lot hard to revive-snipe.

Top Bottom