• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Again just so everyone knows who to blame, this was my screw up and certainly won't happen again. Thanks GutZ for all your hard work in putting this together to benefit our community.

tumblr_mdkl7v5x7P1qe5udso2_250.gif

Edit: More runes...m..ru...
CQU31kuWsAADlko.png:large

Decoding legendaries:

Drop to 285 so they have a better chance to decode close to 300

or

Stay over 300 in case they turn into an exotic???

GutZ31

Again just so everyone knows who to blame, this was my screw up and certainly won't happen again. Thanks GutZ for all your hard work in putting this together to benefit our community.

uYyM0jz.gif

I think you can be forgiven, seeing as how unintuitive the system is at this time.
Jesus, why can't I just delete everyone at once with check boxes next to their user names?

Thanks for the charge!

You used the one you got from the run. It charges once we finish and then you use it on the chest.

No I didn't have any before the run--I thought I did. It dropped for me during our run. Now I'm at 3/7 kills for it

Edit: Or maybe I am not understanding

phen0m24

Yeah, but can you explain the events? We gain loot from them? What light level is needed? 3 man groups? 6?

Sure.

Iron Banner is control pvp. You can join via matchmaking. It is 6 on 6. You can get armor and weapon drops as rewards and can gain reputation with the Iron Banner which lets you buy weapons and armor, all exclusive to iron banner. Typically very laggy but fun in the right groups.

Trials is a 3 on 3 elimination tournament. Teams of 3 match up against each other in an attempt to win matches, which are first to 5 wins. Those matches drop armor and emblems and shaders. If you win a specific number of matches before being eliminated (3 losses and you're out) you can get rewards. Weapons, armor, etc. If you get 9 wins you go to the Lighthouse, which is an exclusive social space which grants elemental primaries as rewards.

Whew

purg3

slept with Malkin
Yeah, but can you explain the events? We gain loot from them? What light level is needed? 3 man groups? 6?

It's outlined in the Bungie Weekly

IB is 6v6 Control, matches gain rep towards IB. When you rank up, it unlocks an item to buy in that tier. (Class item/weapon/armor/shader) Items will now be purchased with Legendary Marks.

The tempered buff is now automatically applied and continues to grow in effectiveness each day of the event.

The alt catch-up buff and Iron Medallion mechanics are unchanged.

Potential match completion rewards now include both weapons and armor, matching the same items available from Lord Saladin during each event.

Drop rates have been increased and are intended to be the primary source of rewards from Iron Banner. If you don't get what you're hoping for, you have the option to visit Lord Saladin instead.

Gear purchased from Lord Saladin now requires Legendary Marks instead of Glimmer.

New emblems have been added to his inventory.

All new bounties including 9 Daily bounties (3 per day) and 3 new Weekly bounties which reward Legendary Marks.

Recommended minimum Light for Iron Banner: 230.

Only Level 40 Guardians can lead a Fireteam.

ToO

3v3 Elimination

Trials gear will now drop exclusively as end-of-match rewards for winning teams.
The more you win, the better those drops will be!
There’s no need to return to Brother Vance, all rewards come directly to you.

Passage Coins still drop for the losing team. Trials is still about winning, but Coins can help make that easier.

Trials Passages now have a Details page containing your active buffs. You won’t be able to add buffs once you’ve started your Trial, so make sure you buy them first!

Players that go undefeated on their Passage will continue to be invited to The Lighthouse.

Players may continue to play in the Trials past 9 wins (but they won’t get any better gear).

Brother Vance now has Trials Bounties available each weekend to provide players with a way to get sweet Trials gear, even if they’re not reaching the Lighthouse.

Regular Crucible Bounties are also still valid in Trials.

We will attempt to match up teams with similar win counts.
If you have 1 win, we will try to match you with another team with only 1 win.
If you have 8 wins… yup.

If we can’t find a high-quality match, we will loosen the win requirements first (in other words, we will not prioritize “wins” over low-latency matches).

Overtime timer in Elimination will now show 0:00 instead of stopping at 0:01 when time expires.

Teammate and enemy Revives now have distinct audio cues.

Recommended minimum Light for Trials of Osiris: 290.

Only Guardians with at least 251 Light can lead a Fireteam.

I didnt have a rune until we started. . can we do it again guys. I thought I had the rune. . and then it dropped for me. .

Oh, crap. :/
I don't think we can start it again. How much of it do you have charged?
To activate the encounter it has to be charged, which happens by killing all of the yellow bar taken. I think Sushi and I both used ours to open the chest. If you can find someone who's going to use their's, I think Jafku was going to, you should be able to charge it in one go.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
uYyM0jz.gif

I think you can be forgiven, seeing as how unintuitive the system is at this time.
It's a little... vexing to say the least
Jesus, why can't I just delete everyone at once with check boxes next to their user names?
I know. It's like the "management" aspects of communities were a total afterthought

Aah of course - do you like it?

I'm still leveling it, but the perk is pretty awesome with me setup. I'm all about generating as many orbs as I can, as quickly as I can. Now I've got a chance to generate more orbs with Heavy kills, which is great when I'm cutting through mobs with a sword. Plus, it has Inverse Shadow, so my own Super comes in even more quickly.

Just need to get some Legendary boots that give me more agility with Arc double kills. Then I'll be aaallll set.

Oh, crap. :/
I don't think we can start it again. How much of it do you have charged?
To activate the encounter it has to be charged, which happens by killing all of the yellow bar taken. I think Sushi and I both used ours to open the chest. If you can find someone who's going to use their's, I think Jafku was going to, you should be able to charge it in one go.

I have 3/7, can I get it to 7/7 today or do I have to do this 4 more days.

And yea I'll ask on GAF soon for anyone who needs to do this.

I have 3/7, can I get it to 7/7 today or do I have to do this 4 more days.

And yea I'll ask on GAF soon for anyone who needs to do this.
You can only charge it once a day but you can do it 3 times by switching it between characters. I'll run it again if we can find a charged one.

Anastasis

What is IB and ToO? New player here.

They are the only crucible events in which light level actually matters (the rest of crucible normalizes attack and defense).

Iron banner is Control - so 6 player teams with matchmaking. Recommended light level is 230. You earn reputation through winning matches and finishing daily bounties.

Trials is like Skirmish - so 3 player teams without matchmaking. Recommended light level is 290. First team to 5 wins wins the match. Once you have three match loses your passage ends and you need to start over. The more wins you get before getting at third loss, the better the loot. If you go flawless you get the best loot.

That's just a summary. Go ahead and check Bungie's website for a little more detail (although yesterday it wasn't updated with some of the new info revealed in Bungie's weekly update).

Tecnniqe

Banned
They are the only crucible events in which light level actually matters (the rest of crucible normalizes attack and defense).

Iron banner is Control - so 6 player teams with matchmaking. Recommended light level is 230. You earn reputation through winning matches and finishing daily bounties.

Trials is like Skirmish - so 3 player teams without matchmaking. Recommended light level is 290. First team to 5 wins wins the match. Once you have three match loses your passage ends and you need to start over. The more wins you get before getting at third loss, the better the loot. If you go flawless you get the best loot.

That's just a summary. Go ahead and check Bungie's website for a little more detail (although yesterday it wasn't updated with some of the new info revealed in Bungie's weekly update).

Still not updated

Afrocious

1/10 OT title.

Also, as far as the huge amount of non-gaf users in the community, how about we just kill off the current one and re-add GAF users? That way no one won't have to figure out who is a GAF user when removing them.

Besides, I'm trying to figure out if we're just adding GAF users who play Destiny, or are we adding folks who populate this thread?

Ah I see, well my alts aren't leveled up yet so no worries I will just wait until next time.
Generally, it is supposed to be charged by killing the waves of taken that can spawn in Patrol. They spawn from those little floating orbs. Kill about three waves that spawn from one orb and a yellow bar will spawn. Killing that will net you one charge. You can only do one of those per day. However, if someone has a fully charged one already and activates it, like we did earlier, you can get multiple charges in one go.

1/10 OT title.

Also, as far as the huge amount of non-gaf users in the community, how about we just kill off the current one and re-add GAF users? That way no one won't have to figure out who is a GAF user when removing them.

Besides, I'm trying to figure out if we're just adding GAF users who play Destiny, or are we adding folks who populate this thread?

Wait people populate this thread and don't play? GAF hates destiny!

GutZ31

1/10 OT title.

I don't really disagree with this, but I have, and many others in the mod role, deleted 100+ users over hours of tedious moderation.

It would have been a lot easier a while ago, but I think it's already too late to change tactics.

Klyka

Banned
Hey dear DGAF bros!

I got two really good friends who would love to get their first taste of Kings Fall tonight!
They have both never done it before but would love to take a stab at it.

Because of that we are looking for 3 Guardians to accompany us on a fresh run of the raid.
I personally have beaten it multiple times now. Whether you have experience or are also fresh, I do not mind at all :)

So we got:

1. Klyka1 300 Light
2. Helloween4554 291 Light
3. Stiff_Ninja 295 Light

Would be great if we had people join us on this little adventure!

We would like to start in about 1 or 1 1/2 hours from the time of this post, which would be 20.00 or 20.30 Berlin time!

my PSN is Klyka1

Quote me here to join or (even better) send me a PM!

LTWood12

I don't really disagree with this, but I have, and many others in the mod role, deleted 100+ users over hours of tedious moderation.

It would have been a lot easier a while ago, but I think it's already too late to change tactics.

I'm imagining you looking at my profile, and seeing if I quack like a gaf.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
1/10 OT title.

I had thought it was for anyone with a GAF account we can verify?

There are hundreds of actual GAF users already in there so no reason to kill it off and re-add- over 300 legitimate before I accidentally added the rest. Basically once we get to the ~320 range just moving downward in the purge we don't have to continue, because that's where it was when I started.

After braving the cruel world of solo random elimination for my 5 wins all I get is a level 15 scout rifle.

Now I've gotta win 5 games with a score of 1200. That's like every win I've had so far fucking Shaxx. The amount of redundancy in this quest, God. I hope whoever designed this gets Titan punched in the belly

Anastasis

Still not updated

Really weird. You think they'd do it around the same time as new people will surely go there to find out what those events are and get wrong information.

I remember one update where they explained how a certain iron banner bounty worked - and that bounty wasn't even being given anymore.

Top Bottom