• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Tecnniqe

Banned
I joined at ttk, if you guys ever wanna do legacy raids for fun let me know. Still wanna get those shaders.

Im up for Crota HM but we probably still need a full fireteam due to mechanics i assume. :)

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24499-1364405991-13.gif

Sent pms out to two mods for the psn community group, you guys backloaded? Wanted to make sure I pmed the right people (gutz and boguster)

Bradach

Ran 10 straight Heroic Strikes with Stabie and Jigga:

Taniks - Saber - Taniks - Saber - Taniks - Echo Chamber - Saber - Valus - Shield Bros - Valus (Bungie pls add back in old Strikes ;_;)
This repetition happens all the time. Is it really that hard for bungee to take completed strikes out of the list for a few hours?

FinKL

In case anyone didn't know, after streaking on the Vanguard playlist, you don't get a bonus to rep turn ins/gunsmith like some speculated. I just tested after every strike completion for 3 strikes.

I haven't played much PVP in TTK and I'm forcing myself to use only TTK weapons, as I don't want to be part of the problem.

I've been using Stillpiercer or 1000 Yard Stare.

Thanks.

If aim assist is your thing, you might be fine with 1000YS. It's got a pretty high base AA. I actually really like the raid sniper, but I know some people can't stand the sights. It doesn't have as high impact, but it has the same AA as Veils and more stability. I think impact might not matter as much in Trials this time around because it will probably be a lot hard to revive-snipe.

I was a little salty about Trials coming back so soon yesterday, but today I think the first few weeks are going to be a lot of fun. I am still concerned about the difference in light levels...unless the raid next week drops hella gear my Warlock will only be 302-304..

Also, we should get some Elimination in Lawd Puma! I need to feel out Stormcaller and see if it's viable for Trials.

Lee

Its the next thing I'm going to waste my marks on. I got Monte Carlo from engram, so no need to choose anymore. Besided, I think RD is not in an engram.

I think you're right about it not being in an engram. Also want to pick this up for ToO build, but I also need that FWC rocket launcher... Hopefully I can manage both in the next two weeks.

Edit: Did anyone discuss, regarding Trials, if people keep playing after 9 wins, will the new matchmaking put them with other people with 9 wins? That would create kind of a new ultra competitive mode, but I imagine most people will just roll a fresh card and stomp people, or roll a fresh card to make carrying easier.

It's going to be really interesting to see the new dynamic. Trials is still the best thing in Destiny for me.

PuMa

I was a little salty about Trials coming back so soon yesterday, but today I think the first few weeks are going to be a lot of fun. I am still concerned about the difference in light levels...unless the raid next week drops hella gear my Warlock will only be 302-304..

Also, we should get some Elimination in Lawd Puma! I need to feel out Stormcaller and see if it's viable for Trials.

I'm guessing anything around 300 will be just fine for Trials. Maybe even 290+. Below 290, you'll probably start to see the first big noticeable drop-offs.

And I'm down for some Elimination practice any time. I still have to figure out my preferred loadout with all of these new weapons (RIP Messenger). I'll be on for a bit later tonight for sure.

realcZk

Its the next thing I'm going to waste my marks on. I got Monte Carlo from engram, so no need to choose anymore. Besided, I think RD is not in an engram.

You really won't regret it. Not only is it awesome in PvE but it destroys in PvP as well... two shot burst to the head is an easy kill. The heals allow you to chain a kill into a multikill easier than with any other gun. I use aggressive ballistics and high caliber for PvE and PvP. Not sure if that's "recommended" but it works well for me.

GutZ31

Regarding Destiny GAF Community on PS4, and The Purge.

Today has been a long day of going through each user in the Community, and making a judgement call on "does it look, sound, and quack like a GAF?".

The mods have had to delete people on profiles alone, so if you have friends lists, or other content blocked from people not on your friends list, you may have been purged, among other arbitrary reasons.

We apologize for this inconvenience, and hope you can bare with us as we finish up the cleansing in hopes to start accepting GAF'ers back into the Community.

Please do not expect to be added today if you sent PM's to mods, as we are trying not to delete fresh adds while purging the questionable.

Thank you all again for your continued support.
Have a great day.

I'm guessing anything around 300 will be just fine for Trials. Maybe even 290+. Below 290, you'll probably start to see the first big noticeable drop-offs.

And I'm down for some Elimination practice any time. I still have to figure out my preferred loadout with all of these new weapons (RIP Messenger). I'll be on for a bit later tonight for sure.

Perfect. I will be on later than usual tonight too. I'll hit you up!

Anybody want to start a Kings Fall raid for newbs? I basically just want to get as far as we can and get the fragments and such but I don't really expect to beat it. I've never done any raid before so not sure what to expect.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Today has been a long day of going through each user in the Community, and making a judgement call on "does it look, sound, and quack like a GAF?".

The mods have had to delete people on profiles alone, so if you have friends lists, or other content blocked from people not on your friends list, you may have been purged, among other arbitrary reasons.

We apologize for this inconvenience, and hope you can bare with us as we finish up the cleansing in hopes to start accepting GAF'ers back into the Community.

Please do not expect to be added today if you sent PM's to mods, as we are trying not to delete fresh adds while purging the questionable.

Have a great day.
Doing the Lords work. Im still in DGAF so its all good.

Also 20 member hype in Red Bull GAF :D

I come back to Destiny with a new shiny Destiny PS4 and I think Xur loves me. No Celestial Nighthawk for me. I got that last week off of a legendary engram. But he was cool enough to give me a new Titan, Hunter and Warlock helm.

So far my review of new content...

Amazeballs!

But the hardcore Destiny Community we are gluttons for punishment. I am glad to see more people enjoying the game.

Shito

Have a great day.
Time to see if my PSN name, which is different from my GAF one, is starting to get known or not. :D

Thanks for all the work you're going through to manage this community.

Have a great day.

Thanks for doing the work Gutz

Fix'd.

On an unrelated note: hit 306 with the Titan, thanks to the 310 Ruin Wongs I decrypted. Babby Hunter not too far behind.

What helm is that on your hunter?

Triz

Is the Gravitron Forfeit any good in gunslinger build? I like the look of it but not sure of the perk.

SkylineRKR

You really won't regret it. Not only is it awesome in PvE but it destroys in PvP as well... two shot burst to the head is an easy kill. The heals allow you to chain a kill into a multikill easier than with any other gun. I use aggressive ballistics and high caliber for PvE and PvP. Not sure if that's "recommended" but it works well for me.

Yeah it was my top choice in Y1 PvP for quite a bit, probably my second or third exotic ever way back. But with Y1 weaponry so far, I get bored quickly. I also found Hawkmoon and bought Suros, but shelved them in favor of Jade Rabbit, Hung Jury et al. Still, I mainly want to buy RD for PvP and collection.

High Caliber, I used it too, I think it blurs the opponents vision. Not sure, but I think I always got messed up when hit by Monte Carlo and RD with the perk on.

RemiLP

Have a great day.

Is there a requirement to join?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Have a great day.
Again just so everyone knows who to blame, this was my screw up and certainly won't happen again. Thanks GutZ for all your hard work in putting this together to benefit our community.

Have a great day.

Honestly you are doing a great job. I am waiting just a few days to let it all settle as my id is different than my GAF name.

Keep up the awesome work!

Top Bottom