• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Really weird. You think they'd do it around the same time as new people will surely go there to find out what those events are and get wrong information.

I remember one update where they explained how a certain iron banner bounty worked - and that bounty wasn't even being given anymore.

Just lazy af. Thats all it is.

Ocho

Sure.

Iron Banner is control pvp. You can join via matchmaking. It is 6 on 6. You can get armor and weapon drops as rewards and can gain reputation with the Iron Banner which lets you buy weapons and armor, all exclusive to iron banner. Typically very laggy but fun in the right groups.

Trials is a 3 on 3 elimination tournament. Teams of 3 match up against each other in an attempt to win matches, which are first to 5 wins. Those matches drop armor and emblems and shaders. If you win a specific number of matches before being eliminated (3 losses and you're out) you can get rewards. Weapons, armor, etc. If you get 9 wins you go to the Lighthouse, which is an exclusive social space which grants elemental primaries as rewards.

Whew

Thanks a lot for the explanations, guys. :)

noomi

So..... any thoughts on why certain exotic armor pieces seem to be "hidden" or unobtainable at the moment (maybe they are but I've never seen one yet....)

Specifically these listed below....

Warlocks:
- Astrocyte Verse
- Ophidian Aspect
- Transversive Steps

Titans:
- Twilight Garrison
- Thagomizers
- Dunemarchers

Hunters:
- ATS/8 Tarantella
- Shinobu's Vow
- Fr0st-EE5

You would think that after 3 weeks of player grinding, doing nightfalls, popping 3oC...etc Each one of these exotics would be out there.... but they're not. I've never seen a boot exotic engram yet... have you? Oddly enough each class has 3 exotics that are nowhere to be found....

Makes me wonder if these are somehow locked away behind quests or maybe hard mode Kings Fall?

Hmmmmmm

Part 1 of operation grind/quest clear up done, i was going to go for 3 ToM but after that 50 flake grind they can get to fuck

Who was it who posted up the guide to get the 310 Artefact yesterday? As that is on the agenda for tonight

Anastasis

I don't really disagree with this, but I have, and many others in the mod role, deleted 100+ users over hours of tedious moderation.

It would have been a lot easier a while ago, but I think it's already too late to change tactics.

GhaleonEB, I'd like to request a name change for GutZ: Saint-15. That is all.

Klyka

Banned
Hey dear DGAF bros!

I got two really good friends who would love to get their first taste of Kings Fall tonight!
They have both never done it before but would love to take a stab at it.

Because of that we are looking for 3 Guardians to accompany us on a fresh run of the raid.
I personally have beaten it multiple times now. Whether you have experience or are also fresh, I do not mind at all :)

So we got:

1. Klyka1 300 Light
2. Helloween4554 291 Light
3. Stiff_Ninja 295 Light

Would be great if we had people join us on this little adventure!

We would like to start in about 1 or 1 1/2 hours from the time of this post, which would be 20.00 or 20.30 Berlin time!

my PSN is Klyka1

Quote me here to join or (even better) send me a PM!

quoting for new page :) Help welcome!

Even the legendary engrams I get drop with Sidearms. Ugh.

I just want something for snipers. Why is that so hard?
cBj1LTf.png

exYle

What makes you say that? It's basically an LDR. Can revive kill and has a decent range stat. It's an outstanding PvP sniper if you get the scope you prefer.

Vendor version lends itself to PvE

High impact will do alright in Trials for revive snipes, but past that...eh

Maybe it's just me

what does THIS mean??????

Dropping to 285 will increase the light of decodes? I'm currently 296 and struggling to get higher.

I have tested this and its fucking dumb, if I am around 285 i get tons of 290+ above 290 I get tons of 260s...
Once you're in the 290's, drop your character down to 285 if you want to get blues closer to 300. You'll still get crap, but more in the upper 290s. It's how I got my 300 blue boots, 298 chest piece, 299 mark, etc.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So..... any thoughts on why certain exotic armor pieces seem to be "hidden" or unobtainable at the moment (maybe they are but I've never seen one yet....)

Warlocks:
- Astrocyte Verse
- Ophidian Aspect
- Transversive Steps

Titans:
- Twilight Garrison
- Thagomizers
- Dunemarchers

Hunters:
- ATS/8 Tarantella
- Shinobu's Vow
- Fr0st-EE5

You would think that after 3 weeks of player grinding, doing nightfalls, popping 3oC...etc Each one of these exotics would be out there.... but they're not. I've never seen a boot exotic engram yet... have you? Oddly enough each class has 3 exotics that are nowhere to be found....

Makes me wonder if these are somehow locked away behind quests or maybe hard mode Kings Fall?

Hmmmmmm

Its probably as simple as Bungie dont want us to have it yet.
The exotic loot pool is super small.

I'd rather get the 3 exotic swords again than have to deal with this crucible quest. Shaxx is officially on my shit list. Please replace him with the superior Lord Saladin

Navy Bean

King's Fall Raid
Xbox One
Tonight around 9:00 ET

My group splintered so I have Daughters/Sisters checkpoint. Anybody up for finishing? I've completed it a few times.

1. dmh33 (me)
etc.

I know this is futile on Gaf w/Xbox but if we can get a few then usually can complete the group later.

nowai

I think the new lock gloves will be THE PvP gloves to have if they are as good as the bladedancer quick draw perk.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I was thinking maybe the next major content update would include these?

The titan chest have been found ingame. Its lootable, but it seems to be from purple engrams if anything. That or its like a 1% drop from engrams.

They just need to push Y1 exotics in until new Y2 stuff comes.

I have tested this and its fucking dumb, if I am around 285 i get tons of 290+ above 290 I get tons of 260s...

lol I noticed this too. I did get one 299 blue when I was 295, but everything else decypted to 260 garbage. With 280+ I get consistent 285-295 drops which I can then give to my alts for infusing.

Once you're in the 290's, drop your character down to 285 if you want to get blues closer to 300. You'll still get crap, but more in the upper 290s. It's how I got my 300 blue boots, 298 chest piece, 299 mark, etc.

but i got a 300 blue drop while at 295

is there some kind of evidence of this?

EL CUCO

Literally impossible since someone in the OT had two drops in three coins post-patch.

I'll never understand how people ascribe RNG to a nerf.
Well I haven't been following the thread much, I can only speak from my experience.

10 coins, about 15-20 min in between encountering Ultras, no Exotic engrams. Prior to this recent patch I was getting 1 engram every 5-6 ultras with the same amount of wait time in between.

I know RNG gonna RNG, but I'm not sweeping everything under the rug as RNG and there's alot about this mechanic we're left in the dark on.

Vendor version lends itself to PvE

High impact will do alright in Trials for revive snipes, but past that...eh

Maybe it's just me

Sure, but as long as you have the right scope sniper perks are almost irrelevant imo. I used the Shadow of Veils just fine in HoW and one of its perks was more damage to Captains. Shortgaze and Perfect Balance did the job.

If you want a sniper for 6v6, then maybe look for a high ROF one.

Deku Tree

Warlocks:
- Astrocyte Verse
- Ophidian Aspect
- Transversive Steps

Titans:
- Twilight Garrison
- Thagomizers
- Dunemarchers

Hunters:
- ATS/8 Tarantella
- Shinobu's Vow
- Fr0st-EE5

Hmmmmmm

They are not available in the game right now. There is no spot for them in the kiosk. Even though Bungie for some reason put them into their database. That's it. I don't know why Bungie does that....

Warlocks:
- Astrocyte Verse
- Ophidian Aspect
- Transversive Steps

Titans:
- Twilight Garrison
- Thagomizers
- Dunemarchers

Hunters:
- ATS/8 Tarantella
- Shinobu's Vow
- Fr0st-EE5

Hmmmmmm

Really interesting that its 3 per class. Reddit what are you doing.

LiK

My current boots have more shotgun ammo, but the only time I've used a shotgun recently was the Chaperone quest. I'd rather use a sword and have a sniper.

Same. I've gone sniper and sword for TTK. Sword is just too useful against Majors.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So after having previously owned the Digital Guardian Edition and gotten that refunded via Sony I apparently still own the base game's extra digital content, the Destiny's Expansion Pass and the two expansions that came with it but not the base game itself (that license got an expiry date on it the date of House of Wolves release).

On the PSN store I can purchase TTK for $39.99 or the Legendary Edition for $59.99.

I am guessing that the $39.99 edition will not let me play since I don't own the base game?

R0ckman

1/10 OT title.

Also, as far as the huge amount of non-gaf users in the community, how about we just kill off the current one and re-add GAF users? That way no one won't have to figure out who is a GAF user when removing them.

Besides, I'm trying to figure out if we're just adding GAF users who play Destiny, or are we adding folks who populate this thread?

How did non GAF members get into the PSN community?

Top Bottom