• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Ace of Spades is the best HC for PVP now, but it's obviously very different than TLW.

I actually am quite fond of Monte Carlo in PVP, the hip fire accuracy is great, awesome stability, and very good range.

Yeah I need to work on my Hunter. I've only been playing my Titan since TTK. I'm curious how the First Curse will be. I should hit rank 5 gunsmith this week.

Otherwise I'll probably be sticking with Red Death or pulse equivalent.

Zeus7

Question: If I have exotic engrams from 3oC and have these stored in my vault until I am level 300 in order to get more chance of a 310 drop, am I being stupid? I have heard they are predetermined but not 100% on that.

Question: If I have exotic engrams from 3oC and have these stored in my vault until I am level 300 in order to get more chance of a 310 drop, am I being stupid? I have heard they are predetermined but not 100% on that.

You are not being stupid, they are not predetermined. I wish I had done this after the first weekend with the Draksis farm.

Trakan

Deej said:
This coming Tuesday, October 13th, Tess Everis will return to The Tower with a new look, a new storefront, and some new items to sell, courtesy of Eververse Trading Company.

God I hate the way Deej phrases things. I just read the "this coming Tuesday" part yesterday, so I thought the emotes were coming today. Who talks like that? Just say "next Tuesday."

Homeboyd

God I hate the way Deej phrases things. I just read the "this coming Tuesday" part yesterday, so I thought the emotes were coming today. Who talks like that? Just say "next Tuesday."
lmao

Tomorrow!!!!, 3 months from now, we'll be dropping some new DLC for dat ass!

anx10us

Banned
Quick question, is glimmer farming still a thing ? I used to run VOG Gatekeeper to fill 25k of glimmer for Heavy Ammo, does this still work ?

Try it. Not as stable as before either

I have I honestly havent noticed much of a difference aside from a slight range decrease... but most perks are still locked so i'll just have to investigate.

I do feel that handcannons in general have been nerfed into almost novelty item in both PvE and PvP... really unfortunate.

Scout rifles are the new ruler of both in my opinion. Paired with a sidearm or shotgun there is no reason to switch from them in 90% of encounters in either.

Oh thank god. As of this morning, all exotic sword farming quests are done. NEVER AGAIN. What an awful quest line. Tomorrow I will be able to get all three of my exotic swords, can't wait.

Protip for Sunbreaker Titans going for solar ability kills, fuck Hammer of Sol, it is all about the Thermal Vent perk for your Sunstrike. Just load up wake the hive, make sure you have the thrall funneled away from the knight, and just punch one in the head and watch the thrall flock into your burning pit of ability kills. This goes extra quick if you have Monte Carlo to quickly recharge your melee and Insurmountable Skullfort to add a second melee charge. I didn't even use grenades or hammer of sol, you get so many kills every round of wake the hive just from melee.

Sidenote, it really bums me out that public events are pretty pointless these days too. I like the taken invasion events, but I've noticed barely anyone jumps in to public events now because there is almost no point. First one of the day should give 5 marks or something. That and the nightfall being lame is an unfortunate "nerfing" of previous content. I see no reason why NF and public events should have to be meaningless in Y2.

keakster

Anyone else working on killing the named Taken Captains in the Cosmodrome? Seems every time they appear all the randoms on patrol bail

Quick question, is glimmer farming still a thing ? I used to run VOG Gatekeeper to fill 25k of glimmer for Heavy Ammo, does this still work ?
That's a good question..I would believe so unless TTK changed it...the gate keeper checkpoint is prob forever lost in the dark corners of time..
since no one wants to do normal VoG :p

FinKL

For the boss in today's story, is there a trick? Mine is immune to all damage, I've cleared all adds =/ This is the
Blighted Mind Hydra Taken

Deku Tree

I want to post my total speculation about how we get Time to Explain and Sleeper Simulant.

Time to Explain: Rare HM KF Oryx drop

Sleeper Simulant: Collect all 50 Calcified Fragments to trigger the quest at the Gunsmith.

I speculate that the last three Calcified Fragments come from completing the three HM KF boss challenges (one for each). We don't yet know exactly what the HM KF boss challenges are... but they are heavily rumored to exist. And they are even listed on Bungie.net on your raid completion screen.

Then I think that the FR relics, and the ghost that everyone found today are possibly intermediate steps in the SS quest but since we haven't triggered the first step yet then we need to wait to do the remaining steps.

Just posting this to see what people think and in case it has some accuracy in it after we find these last two exotics. I haven't been following any of the reddit discussion so I have no idea if any or all of this is already widely speculated by others...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

The legendary ghosts will get glimmer from certain enemies depending on the location. I equip the correct one when doing a strike and get quite alot along with drops which you can dismantle. Probably not as fast as farming but not boring.

For the boss in today's story, is there a trick? Mine is immune to all damage, I've cleared all adds =/ This is the
Blighted Mind Hydra Taken

Bright orbs above it just shoot them. Think there is 3 each time.

Shito

That's a good question..I would believe so unless TTK changed it...the gate keeper checkpoint is prob forever lost in the dark corners of time..
since no one wants to do normal VoG :p
But yellow enemies don't give 25 glimmers anymore, do they?
Unless you have a ghost with the proper perk for the Vex...

SkylineRKR

Is glimmer even an issue still? I am nearly always capped ever since I started TTK, and I store every Beads etc I get when I am. I don't even pop Ether Seeds, but those glimmer items drop like crazy. It now just comes with doing regular stuff.

I do upgrade a lot, did the Chaperone quest... I just don't run out for now.

Mupod

I really need to do a purge on my vault. Everything is full.

getting the Hunter above 300 has helped a lot for me. The second page of my armor tab is mostly free again. Weapons tab not so much.

My mmo instinct is to keep holding on to 'stuff you can't get anymore'. Like a The Devil You Know and 77 Wizard that both carried me through some tough times.

FinKL

The legendary ghosts will get glimmer from certain enemies depending on the location. I equip the correct one when doing a strike and get quite alot along with drops which you can dismantle. Probably not as fast as farming but not boring.

Bright orbs above it just shoot them. Think there is 3 each time.

Thanks don't know how I missed them, first time doing this quest and ghosts

Mostly though I'm actually bummed about what this sounds like it means for DLC content. This boils down to two real concerns:

1) I don't have any faith in Bungie/Activision (or really any company) to deliver meaningful fun content for 'free' when it doesn't directly benefit them financially.
2) I really enjoyed the energy and enthusiasm around the releases of expansions, even if they were flawed in many ways.

I'm happy to be proven wrong on any of this stuff, but I'm skeptical.

I'm guessing that with Destiny 2 scheduled for release in a year, Bungie were never going to be able to put out major expansions. After TTK, I don't think another half assed HoW like expansion would be received very well.

I wouldn't mind a series of Spindle-esque quests and perhaps updating the old raids. I think they do need to have significant enough content to raise the level/light cap however in the coming year. Optimistically hoping it's a new raid.

Is glimmer even an issue still? I am nearly always capped ever since I started TTK, and I store every Beads etc I get when I am. I don't even pop Ether Seeds, but those glimmer items drop like crazy. It now just comes with doing

I was consistently capped until I got the Spindle. Now I spend all my glimmer buying 300 spindles to infuse into all my specials.

purg3

slept with Malkin

I wouldn't mind a series of Spindle-esque quests and perhaps updating the old raids. I think they do need to have significant enough content to raise the level/light cap however in the coming year. Optimistically hoping it's a new raid.

I would like to see Heroic raid remixes to tide us over until then. A remixed VoG scaled to current levels with new rewards should not be that hard to implement, and would actually be pretty awesome.

Ophelion

You thought it was coming today when in the sentence you quoted, he put the date? It doesn't get much more black and white than that.

Shito

I'm guessing that with Destiny 2 scheduled for release in a year, Bungie were never going to be able to put out major expansions. After TTK, I don't think another half assed HoW like expansion would be received very well.

They really need to make updated versions of VoG and CE, it's a shame those two are not relevant anymore, and just making a "taken version" of them with the same loot (or even taken version of the loot if they want to put a bit more work in it) dropping but with an adjusted light level would do wonders for the community.
I have a friend who is just starting raiding, and there's no point for him to run VoG and CE at the moment. I don't want to take him with me and sound like an old man telling him stories of the good old time while he bitches that all the loot he finds is crappy and useless... ^^

Welp that shows you how much playing I have done..besides the raid :p
:D
Took me like a few days of playing TTK a lot to notice that... ^^

Not sure if GK farming still works. I haven't had to do it in awhile. But for heavy ammo synth I'd say buying from the gunsmith is the third best option.

1. Variks: 1 Ether seed + 250 glimmer = 1 synth
2. Xur: 1 Strange Coin = 3 synths
3. Gunsmith: 950 glimmer = 1 synth

SkylineRKR

I would like to see Heroic raid remixes to tide us over until then. A remixed VoG scaled to current levels with new rewards should not be that hard to implement, and would actually be pretty awesome.

Can't wait to get my hands on that Taken Superclast

LiK

Yep! Man. I'm so excited right now.

This is what I want to do to Fig and Nami:
0xv85ix.gif

if I played with Figs, the Hawkmoon would end up going to her.

DGaf ps4 community, if you would like to join us, let one of the mods such as myself, hawkian, Gutz, or drizzay know and we will send a invite/ accept you.

Will be working through the PMs I received...rl issues were preventing me..meh

Do i need a fire team for this daily ghost hunt or is it solo able
I recommend bringing a fireteam for the last fight.

Not sure what happens if you wipe to the final boss but if you die before collecting all the fragments you have to start over.

FyreWulff

They really need to make updated versions of VoG and CE, it's a shame those two are not relevant anymore, and just making a "taken version" of them with the same loot (or even taken version of the loot if they want to put a bit more work in it) dropping but with an adjusted light level would do wonders for the community.
I have a friend who is just starting raiding, and there's no point for him to run VoG and CE at the moment. I don't want to take him with me and sound like an old man telling him stories of the good old time while he bitches that all the loot he finds is crappy and useless... ^^

:D
Took me like a few days of playing TTK a lot to notice that... ^^

They aren't updating them because they want Destiny to be "compatible with life". Not including Vault of Glass and Crota's End from the current Y2 loot table means they're no longer required to be run weekly to be at optimal 1%er endgame.

Eventually the same thing will happen to King's Fall.

Such is the life of an MMO.

edit: Vault of Glass even had the honor of being dropped out of the endgame twice. When Dark Below originally released, Vault of Glass was obsoleted. They only made it give current gear shortly before House of Wolves came out, when they changed plans into the Year 1/2/3/etc mechanic for content pacing and retroactively made all Vanilla and DB content viable for the rest of Year 1 via ascension.

Top Bottom