• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

It's actually not that great.

Like 1/17th of the world building of a Destiny (and about 1/23876th of the budget) and all the brilliant ensemble creation that Whedon did on Buffy and Angel is completely jettisoned in favor of like way too many protagonists who never cohere into the kind of incredible group the Scoobies were practically instantly.

It has its moments, but is absolutely lesser Whedon.
qcCJzHS.jpg

Deku Tree

I don't really like the new RNG power levels of the exotic armors, and how it wasn't really explained and people didn't figure it out until they decrypted some exotic engrams to the 310 level once they were 300 light.

I hope that if you are 310 light then your exotic engrams all decrypt to 310.

It's RNG or strange coins from Xur to get exotic engrams. The type of engram you get from 3oC is RNG. Then the exotic you get from the engram is RNG. On top of that for armors the perks you get are RNG too. And the power level of the armor is also RNG.

So now if I want to wear a 310 exotic hunter helmet then either it has to be MottM or I have to infuse it with some other 310 helmets that I may not want to get rid of right now...

... I appreciate that they gave us a lot of concrete paths to get most of the exotic weapons, but I feel like the system for exotic armors has way too much RNG.

That was all I had to say.

dB Viper

Finally had a chance to run the Raid with my crew last night. We all yelled in excitement as we finally got Oryx down on our final run for the night after being at him for 2 hours. Emphatically waved/pointed to him as he drifted off into the abyss. Such an epic battle, and so rewarding getting all the mechanics to flow in sync. All future raids need to be like VoG/King's Fall from now on!

GlamFM

Banned
Yes. I don't see the point of them. They're like hand cannons in your special slot. I don't see the point.

Any sidearm I get is insta-dismantle.

The idea is probably to use theme to get shields down and switch to your primary afterwards.

LordofPwn

One of these days i'll make honor roll. one of these days.
Great job Drizzay on the wonderful OT!

Anyone have any updates on the Sleeper, hard mode raid or how i've somehow put in over 100 hours since the Taken King dropped?

Klyka

Banned
Still looking for one more person for a fresh kings fall raid!

PSN is Klyka1

We start in about 1 hour

Send me a PM here!

Alright. Who wants to raid today? I still haven't done it this week

I got a "newbie" raid put together for some friends and gaffers and we need a sixth. starts in close to 1 hour. you with us?

Been kicked from the DGAF PS4 community. Am I supposed to verify with somebody on here before requesting to join? PSN handle is - Kneelb4me

Send me a PM so we keep you on the list. Today is the great purge and tomorrow we shall rebuild. Better. Stronger. Faster.

Kalamari

Still looking for 1 Guardian to accompany us on a fresh run of the raid.
I personally have beaten it multiple times now. Whether you have experience or are also fresh, I do not mind at all :)

So we got:

1. Klyka1 300 Light
2. Helloween4554 291 Light
3. Stiff_Ninja 295 Light
4. jen867530nine
5. Thaennon. Light 299/300

One more spot open!

We would like to start at 20.00 or 20.30 Berlin time!

my PSN is Klyka1

Quote me here to join or (even better) send me a PM!

I'll join. Hunter 300ish light.

deoee

It's actually not that great.

Like 1/17th of the world building of a Destiny (and about 1/23876th of the budget) and all the brilliant ensemble creation that Whedon did on Buffy and Angel is completely jettisoned in favor of like way too many protagonists who never cohere into the kind of incredible group the Scoobies were practically instantly.

It has its moments, but is absolutely lesser Whedon.

tumblr_m7a9u1QlUT1rb0467o1_400.gif

GutZ31

Aw yis! Got one of the flayers' mantles. It's the solar one.
PlanetDestiny confirmed that you do not have to do the strike playlist for the strike specific loot.

So if you are looking for the other mantles, or something else in the other strikes, just start them from the planet/ship in orbit for a stress free farm run.

Ryck

Kept asking here and couldn't get a response... Tested out Draksis used 15 coin and not a single exotic dropped. Just Fyi guys.

(My checkpoint was pre-nerf)

PlanetDestiny confirmed that you do not have to do the strike playlist for the strike specific loot.

So if you are looking for the other mantles, or something else in the other strikes, just start them from the planet/ship in orbit for a stress free farm run.

That's true for all the strike specific loot correct?

Deku Tree

How hard is it to grind for the strike specific loot? Is the RNG good or brutal?

GutZ31

That's true for all the strike specific loot correct?
Yes. As far as I know.
This includes weapons and armor that only drop from the bosses of these strikes.

Pro tip;
If there is more than one boss, leave the one that you want loot from for last.

Flayers, kill solar last, get solar mantle as an example.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think the PS4 purge is ended. I want to apologize to any legit GAF members that were accidentally removed; simply PM a mod of the community to be readded.

Strider

I got a "newbie" raid put together for some friends and gaffers and we need a sixth. starts in close to 1 hour. you with us?

Sure. Unless that is Kalamari's spot now? Saw that post too.

If it's full that's cool just put me down as an alt in case anyone can't make it or has to leave at some point. I'll send u a FR on psn

Comparing it to shows that had multiple seasons to flesh out it's characters and setting seems a little unfair. I thought the characters in Firefly were a lot more developed and unique than buffy's were in it's first season.

That's actually legit fair

Also probably why I thought Astonishing X-Men was his best work ever. Totally thoroughly established characs

Wicked and Unstable both said they'd be down for flawless KF. Have any other candidates emerged? I could even do some attempts this weekend if we're able to get a team together.

Don't worry about doing your homework, we'll cover everything assuming you're still raiding w us tonight.

You're raiding with LT, right? Then I'm definitely in!

BLCKATK

I think the PS4 purge is ended. I want to apologize to any legit GAF members that were accidentally removed; simply PM a mod of the community to be readded.

I think I sent you a PM the other night about being added, not sure if you got it or not. My PSN is Azys_, looking to get added to the community. Thanks!

Kept asking here and couldn't get a response... Tested out Draksis used 15 coin and not a single exotic dropped. Just Fyi guys.

(My checkpoint was pre-nerf)

Probably bad luck. I used 1 ToC earlier today against him and got an exotic. Got one a couple days ago also and I think I only used 3 or 4.

Top Bottom