• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

LiK

You can tell if you have the new mission available on Earth.

aLogKZu.png

i'll know in 7 hours, lol

What if the Sleeper Simulant isn't even that good?

most likely better than Necrochasm!

I have changed back into maining a bladedancer these days. Its pretty much the only way to get away from hammer time and sith lord's lighting.

FyreWulff

Anyone else find it pretty lame that the next part in the quest was time gated by Bungie?

no. time gating can be useful to let content actually get attention (especially since this one becomes easier if a lot of people are focused on warsats) instead of being lost in the flood of launch raiding and mission completions. And especially since it starts with 4 random drops, they wanted people to actually get them at a steady pace instead of feeling like they had to grind for them.

People still had to figure out the rest.

edit: and we don't even know if it was initiated by someone or the community doing something that opened it up with Armsday.

edit2: just like any other component of game design, you can have good and bad uses of time gating. the Elder Cipher was an example of a bad use of time gating.

LTWood12

Not connected AFAIK

It's tied to those Fusion rifles you turn into the Gun Smith.

Think it requires the 4 DVALIN relics rather than yesterdays daily.

Nah your fine, just needed to have found 4 fusion rifle relics and handed them into the gunsmith.

*edit*

you got so many replies in about 20 seconds :p

Daily secret mission yesterday may be connected to a future step in the quest, but right now only collecting the 4 FR relics seems to be required to access the new story mission and the following quest steps after that...

Whoa thanks for all the replies folks. So if I have turned in 4 already the gunsmith is going to give me a quest today?

It's my birthday today 😎

I missed it. Didn't see your messages until 4 minutes after. Thankfully I had a feeling I'd have better luck solo and got a Warsat Public Event 10 minutes after that otherwise I'd have been pretty upset after having spent 2+ hours waiting for it.

Ah good. I dunno how so many randoms showed up so quickly when a minute ago there was no one. Reddit must be tracking Warsat events specifically.

Bogeypop

The ghost of ocean wanted me to pass along these Warsat tips, DGAF.

- Remind them there's some sections where you can *only* get eliminate target

- They should wait at Scablands or Buried City (split up if Fireteam). I'm not 100% if Barrens too, but Scab and Buried I'm totally sure work

GlamFM

Banned
Whoa thanks for all the replies folks. So if I have turned in 4 already the gunsmith is going to give me a quest today?

It's my birthday today ��

Happy B-Dizzle, and yes ;)

EDIT: Not the gunsmith though. new mission is just gonna pop up.

phen0m24

It's my birthday today 😎

Happy happy dude! I know you would like your present to be wifey and little one feeling better. Hope they get well soon! :)

New quest stuff done. Now we wait....for something.

Feels weird having almost everything done only the second day of the week(Destiny week that is). Guess ill use the time im normally raiding on the weekend to work on my exotic sword quests.

darthbob

no. time gating can be useful to let content actually get attention (especially since this one becomes easier if a lot of people are focused on warsats) instead of being lost in the flood of launch raiding and mission completions. And especially since it starts with 4 random drops, they wanted people to actually get them at a steady pace instead of feeling like they had to grind for them.

People still had to figure out the rest.

I guess? When I woke up this morning, it was 3 hours after the reset and already I was seeing posts that explained every step, every code, and every sequence that goes into the quest, up until they reached another dead end.

Now don't get me wrong, but I don't feel like the community, aside from a handful of people, ever figured anything out regarding the SS quest.

BahamutPT

The Banshee text while turning in the Core may indicate something coming on a future Armsday.

It read "Gonna hang on to this, give it a closer look, maybe show it to the City's foundries".

Seeing as the foundries send the City supplies every Armsday... I'd say it's likely.

maomaoIYP

I've heard great things about this scout, supposed to be godly for crucible
Nah, stability is too low. Great artistic design though. Armsday has been giving out really good scouts, the Omolon one (hung jury clone with perfect stability) and the suros ones have been pretty good damn good, but in general scouts are super situational in crucible.

King's Fall tonight at 10pm EDT

KF raid

1. rasengan1337
2. drizzay (if he's on)
3. Cybrwzrd
4. Hudson
5. Illini_guy_05
6. Eyeron80

xplicitone - i'll be in touch if drizzay or Hudson aren't on
breezylimbo - I don't remember your PSN, sorry! if drizzay and Hudson aren't on, i'll send you an invite :)

Bit late to the party here but I got an unexpected invite to this as the 6th. Thanks for the run guys and I'm sorry that I'm not very good at explaining stuff. Was almost 7 in the morning for me when we finished, was pretty tired but I wasn't prepared to give up, especially when I was taking someone elses spot.

307 boots from Oryx to add to the 310 gauntlets I got earlier isn't bad at all, just wish my hunter got decent drops.

The Banshee text while turning in the Core may indicate something coming on a future Armsday.

It read "Gonna hang on to this, give it a closer look, maybe show it to the City's foundries".

Seeing as the foundries send the City supplies every Armsday... I'd say it's likely.

Yes, i think from datamining it has been known that the quest will have multiple "wait for armsday" steps.

FyreWulff

I guess? When I woke up this morning, it was 3 hours after the reset and already I was seeing posts that explained every step, every code, and every sequence that goes into the quest, up until they reached another dead end.

Now don't get me wrong, but I don't feel like the community, aside from a handful of people, ever figured anything out regarding the SS quest.

This is a community that glitched a quest early within days of release. There's thousands hammering against the game and sharing their findings which accelerate things even more. Add the new fad of heavily data mining games, and the only thing Bungie could do would be to make every passcode in the game a large keycipher to slow people down for a day.

Remember how Bungie set up a mystery in Reach that would have taken a long time to figure out, then someone showed up and went "lol i just datamined it, here you go"

Bungie really seems to be in to time gating important quests and adding long odds RNG, plus forcing players to perform early Y1 tasks that used to be considered boring or exploitative.

Exotic swords = chest farming, armsday gate, mat node farming + long odds RNG
Possible SS = time gate, armsday gate, public events farming, ????

Personally, it completely deflates any sense of mystery. I much rather have a convoluted mystery that takes hundreds of thousands of Destiny players a day or two to collectively figure out, than something artificially prolonged with time gates, that still results in it being solved collectively within minutes once the gate is opened.

Random thought, I really hope the loot cave is a finally step for one of these mystery quests.

Top Bottom