• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Tovarisc

I have a feeling it's not as good as people hyped it up to be.

I think Bungie overhyped SS and questline to unlock it, resulting in inflated expectations by community.

So it looks like the secret paradox daily story has nothing to do with the SS quest... Wonder if it connects with a Time to Explain quest... Or what else could it be?

Well Vex and Paradox mission are our keys to traveling in time, I would guess. Time to Explain clearly is reference to Exo Stranger who most likely is time traveler, e.g. her rifle design isn't possible in our timeline. This to me suggests that at some point we will reverse engineer Vex tech that allows them to travel in time and between different timelines.

Oh wait...

... "MIDNIGHT EXIGENT: Status=still in progress" means... We're not done upgrading our Sleeper Simulants?

MIDNIGHT EXIGENT is codename that Rasputin gave for Darkness.

Not really. It's a killing machine. Having a 15 mag would trivialise almost every encounter. The mag is small for a reason.

It's a situational weapon. Are you going to use RL or Sword on Golgoroth? No. Mag size is fine IMO.

In that case how about the raid MG? I dont know...

inthrall

Oh wait...

... "MIDNIGHT EXIGENT: Status=still in progress" means... We're not done upgrading our Sleeper Simulants?

Its a lore point, means Rasputin still has his moral procedures disabled (aka he may do things for the greater good, which could destroy us as a side effect)

Tecnniqe

Banned
As easy as Bungie has made it to attain I didn't expect it to be amazing. I'm sure it will have a niche like the other Year 2 exotics though.
I guess I need to start upgrading a legendary primary then. Supercell might take the backseat while I try it out.

If I got the quest. I will know in a hour or two.

Deku Tree

I think Bungie overhyped SS and questline to unlock it, resulting in inflated expectations by community.

Well Vex and Paradox mission are our keys to traveling in time, I would guess. Time to Explain clearly is reference to Exo Stranger who most likely is time traveler, e.g. her rifle design isn't possible in our timeline. This to me suggests that at some point we will reverse engineer Vex tech that allows them to travel in time and between different timelines.

Ok then I bet HM Oryx drops a rare classified material (like Crux of Crota) that allows us to keep going with the Time to Explain quest line.

phen0m24

I remember the interview that said they didn't want the game to be a job. But if you couldn't finish the warsat thing last night you're OOL?

Bungie pls.

Isthegunsmithgivingoutsleeperquest.com?
Not a real URL

Is that what we need along with the rare fusion rifles? Come on now.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The weird thing about the SS to me is that the perks make it seem like a weapon for add management, but it's really bad against groups of enemies. The ricochets don't track so they're kind of useless. But the thing does pretty beastly single target damage. I just wish they'd make the perks on it more meaningful because it's just flash right now.

So it looks like the secret paradox daily story has nothing to do with the SS quest... Wonder if it connects with a Time to Explain quest... Or what else could it be?

That mystery is all about Praedyth.

Eris mysteries are about Toland.

and Sleeper mystery was about Rasputin.

Tovarisc

The weird thing about the SS to me is that the perks make it seem like a weapon for add management, but it's really bad against groups of enemies. The ricochets don't track so they're kind of useless. But the thing does pretty beastly single target damage. I just wish they'd make the perks on it more meaningful because it's just flash right now.

Sucks against groups, beast against single targets. Kinda ironic considering whole point of ricochet ammunition is that you would be more efficient in clearing large amounts of trash mobs. For ricochet to work at meaningful power level it would require tight corridors, small rooms etc. so they get maximum amount of bounces from surfaces to targets.

That mystery is all about Praedyth.

Eris mysteries are about Toland.

and Sleeper mystery was about Rasputin.

I wonder what kind and time related mystery we get for Exo Stranger and that rifle.

Gordon

My legendary Raid chest with the perk for Fusion Rifles isn't working either.

And actually I just tested it. The perk doesn't work ONLY with Sleeper Simulant. It works on a Pocket Infinity.
Somebody should test "Increases shotgun ammo" with UR or "Increases sniper ammo" with NLB - might be that perk affects the slot, not the weapon type

BahamutPT

So the problem is Bungie, God knows why, has several repeated perks...

We have the "Carry more ammo for X" and "Increases the amount of X ammunition" which provide the same effect, the same way we have "More Super from non-Guardian kills" and "More Super from killing minions of the Darkness".

So they're most likely coded differently in the game. This in turn will change the behavior if someone from Bungie team screwed something up while implementing the new one, and not simply copying the behavior.

Not sure why they created "new" perks instead of reusing the old ones though... The old ones still appear in the new gear, as my Y2 boots can prove.

Im pretty bummed

The quest should be fully completable once you score the receiver

Not sure why they make these weird gating decisions...

Like its cool to have these events but those of us that were actually there and working on it shouldnt be forced to wait

Kensuke

Just tested it out on the Alchemist's Rainment (exotic warlock armor) with the 'carry more heavy ammo perk'. Gives me 9 shots on the Stimulant.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Just tested it out on the Alchemist's Rainment (exotic warlock armor) with the 'carry more heavy ammo perk'. Gives me 9 shots on the Stimulant.

The Alchemist's Raiment is a special kind of weird because the description for the ammo perks are different if you inspect the item and look at the individual nodes. On one it says that Heavy ammo drops more frequently, on the other it says "Carry more heavy ammo". I think it's both? idk. It's fuckin weird.

Can I at least complete the SS quest up to the Ikelos Core after unlocking it?

I have only done the first story mission. I still need to climb the tower

Kensuke

The Alchemist's Raiment is a special kind of weird because the description for the ammo perks are different if you inspect the item and look at the individual nodes. On one it says that Heavy ammo drops more frequently, on the other it says "Carry more heavy ammo". I think it's both? idk. It's fuckin weird.

Hahaha, I know. I was confused too. Looks like it increased the ammo, not the drops though.

Im pretty bummed

The quest should be fully completable once you score the receiver

Not sure why they make these weird gating decisions...

Like its cool to have these events but those of us that were actually there and working on it shouldnt be forced to wait

I'm confused... I grabbed the fusion core before going to bed. Am i able to continue working on that or no?

noomi

Can I at least complete the SS quest up to the Ikelos Core after unlocking it?

I have only done the first story mission. I still need to climb the tower

I believe so, but you will be locked out from doing the strikes until... tomorrow maybe?

CureXIV

The Daily mission is locked here. It says complete Eris quest, but I don't know which quest is this.
I didn't do the KF raid, do I have to do it to open the daily mission?

Edit: Also, SS GET!

BahamutPT

Somebody should test "Increases shotgun ammo" with UR or "Increases sniper ammo" with NLB - might be that perk affects the slot, not the weapon type

And you're right! The "Increases the amount of X ammunition you can carry" perk is somehow tied to the weapon slot and not the weapon type, thus the FR perk not working with the Sleeper or Mythoclast.

YES! Congrats to all who got the Sleeper! Will be getting it tomorrow morning apparently after I finish the warsats tonight. Fridays are the best days ever. Xur comes in, but this Fridays even crazier. I get the Sleeper :D

I really wasn't a huge fan on how this whole mission thing was done but eh. I get the Sleeper no matter what. Also, I KNEW the Saber strike was gonna have SOMETHING to do with the gun.

How good is it in Crucible?

YES! Congrats to all who got the Sleeper! Will be getting it tomorrow morning apparently after I finish the warsats tonight. Fridays are the best days ever. Xur comes in, but this Fridays even crazier. I get the Sleeper :D

I really wasn't a huge fan on how this whole mission thing was done but eh. I get the Sleeper no matter what.

We dont know that yet, the quest may not continue until the next Sleeper event. Keep your expectations in check just in case.

Top Bottom